Rep. Bobby Rush

Democrat  •  1st District, Illinois  •  11th Term  •  Sworn In 1993
Current Term 2013 - 2015 View All

• Moderated Comment

• thepoorpeoplescampaign 02/20/2008 7:21am

HELP OUR KIDS IN THE FOSTER CARE SYSTEM ALL OVER WE NEED FOSTER CARE REFORM TO STOP THESE KIDS FROM BEING RAPED AND BEING USED AS SEX TOYS IN 2008! THE POOR PEOPLE’S CAMPAIGN INC MR JERRY ROBINSON TIME TO STAND UP IN 2008 !!
    WE MUST AN WILL STOP BILL HR 1955 AND S BILL 1959 MY PEOPLE STAND UP !!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous 01/20/2009 7:04am

H.R. 45 is unconstitutional. It violates several amendments. Mr. Rush how dare you even consider bringing this bill forward. You sir are a tyrant and should immediately leave your post

• Spam Comment

• Anonymous 01/30/2009 4:26pm

HR45 is the most irresponsible piece of legislation I have ever had the embarrassing displeasure in reading. The congressman (not capitalized on purpose, disrespect intentional) responsible should resign his post and leave governing to responsible educated individuals with with real common sense of which you have proven to have none.

rikforehand23 06/16/2009 6:05pm

HR 45 is the most ignorant and selfish piece of legislation ever proposed by this country. The congressman sponsering this bill should step down or be impeached. Go back under the rock from which you came.Where did he go to school ,Mecca? The bill number is higher than his I.Q. Is he even American?(and convicted of the very crime that responsible gun owners would never let happen to them)What a hypocritic fool!

• Anonymous 02/01/2009 5:06pm

Reputedly Rush founded the Illinois chapter of the Black Panther Party.
    This was originally known as the “Black Panther Party for Self Defense.”
    The “Self Defense” was against police brutality. Now he seems to have forgotten his roots. HR 45 would disarm most citizens – including those in the First Congressional District of Illinois. Maybe the Black Panthers would become the newly authorized “police?”

• Anonymous 02/03/2009 3:49am

Obviously this is a true politican! Who else would use the tragic death of an innocent child to submit legislation to disarm America. Have any of you no shame? How can you sleep at night? Maybe God will have mercy on you and your soul because I and most of America won’t.

• Anonymous 02/04/2009 2:46am

screw you and HR 45

• Anonymous 02/04/2009 4:37pm
    Funny thing is the people who are already breaking the law could care less about any new laws you come up with. H.R. 45 is a not so funny joke and Mr. Rush should be drummed out of office as the traitor to this country that he is. The 2nd amendment wasn’t put there for politicans to get rid of it was put there to protect us from fools that would be dictators! Ever notice they never go after the criminal, it’s always the law abiding citizen they chase down and cause problems for.
  • Anonymous 02/05/2009 8:10am

H.R. 45 is only targeted at Law Abiding Citizens. It is designed to be a pain in the ass for law abiding gun owners. They keep putting more rules that affect the ones who are obeying the law. Why don’t they put more time and energy into keeping criminals in jail/prison. Criminals don’t follow the LAW. That’s why we call them CRIMINALS! They don’t get their guns from the same gun store’s that the law abiding citizens get theirs. They aquire their guns in the same fashion that drug users aquire their drugs. So every new law that is, in theory, designed to keep “America” safe, is really harming America by disarming the law abiding citizen.

• Anonymous 02/05/2009 12:51pm

HR 45 = HITLER REFORMATION of 45’s and all other means of defense. The Nazis did this. Dictators do this. When a government wants to license lawful gun ownership, it is in preparation for the population disarmament that will precede population enslavement. A quick look at the history of any Fascist, Communist, or Dictatorial government will confirm this sequence of events. -Tray

• Anonymous 02/10/2009 7:09am

I am admittedly not a constituent of your district, however I felt it necessary to write to you and express my disagreement with your “Blair Holt” bill you are proposing to congress. Mr. Rush, whether you are a citizen who lives in the city or a rancher who lives in wide open West Texas, a person has the right under our constitution to possess a firearm to protect him and his family.

This bill criminalizes the ownership of firearms without a license.

Mr. Rush, do you really believe that the criminals will give up their guns?

A letter from a constitutionally minded individual in Texas will probably not change you mind on the matter, but I felt it my duty to let you know that I disagree with your views and ask you to please review you opinion on this matter.

Thank you for your time.

• Anonymous 02/10/2009 12:54pm

Bobby Rush is a racist, criminal and just product of the MACHINE. Keep your dog dung politics in your state. As a matter of fact, since you and Mayor Daley dont like following the constitution, lets pull all federal aid from Illinois.

• Anonymous 02/12/2009 6:00am

Are all Illinois politicians like Bobby Rush and Barry Soetoro and Rod Blagojevich crooks and traitors?

• Anonymous 02/12/2009 4:00pm

Bobby Rush, do you really think this bill would stop a gang shooting? Be honest with yourself, of course it wouldn’t, so who put you up to this? Have some respect for yourself, take a step back and remove the liberal zombie glasses!

• Anonymous 02/14/2009 9:27am

I can’t believe what I’m reading! This criminal has actually been elected to a public offic? now he actually has the nerve to put forth a bill to eliminate the 2nd amendment? Maybe his has a more sinister plan…. If he eliminates the ability for the people to defend themselves against tyranny he can step up and become a persecutor that he has always wanted to be! With no way of defending ourselves from someone like him, he could walk into our homes and take anything and everything he wanted! Wake up America! we need to take back control of our lands! We can’t afford to allow men like this to be in control over us! The state of America has truly become a sad one!!

calescus 02/22/2009 8:02pm

This man (traitor)needs to be hung for treason. How DARE he attempt to violate the second amendment!!!???!!!

RBHoge 04/24/2009 7:21pm

In the 2000 Democratic primary for the U.S. House of Representatives (IL-01), Rush defeated a challenge from then-state senator Barack Obama. During the primary, Rush said: “Barack Obama went to Harvard and became an educated fool. Barack is a person who read about the civil-rights protests and thinks he knows all about it.”

This was copied from the Wikipedia entry on Mr Bobby Rush and pasted here. What a loyal Democrat! I hope in the end he will be honest enough to “…protect and defend the [whole] Constitution of the United States of America.” like he swore that he would.
    Oh, we will defend our homes and families from the thugs and gangs his bill will empower. It might be only with a Sling shot or a spear. but we WILL defend our homes.

• Anonymous 02/14/2009 9:33am

This man is a criminal and a traitor! He needs to be impeached and disbarred from ever being able to hold any public office again! He should also be thron into a dark deep hole and left to his own thoughts. We really would be better off without such a “PIG” in public office!

• Anonymous 02/15/2009 7:00pm

Rep. Bobby Rush.

May I make you aware of Arizona HCR 2034? I HIGHLY suggest you and the other socialists take a close look at it. You might want to think twice about trying to pass this bill.

Have a nice day,

Bryan Wilcutt
    Chandler, AZ
    bwilcutt@yahoo.com

• Anonymous 02/15/2009 7:01pm

========== IT IS TIME TO SECEDE. If you can't live with them, secede from them instead. ==========

• Anonymous 02/16/2009 12:56pm

Well lets see im sick and tired of sitting back and watchin as my rights get stripped away one at a time slowly of course, nonetheless right out from under our noses. Here we go with more gun control to systematically disarm the law abidding citizens. Now we have another member of the Daley Machine no doubt, to try and pollute my rights and every other law abiding gun owner with another law that will not take the guns out of the criminals hands, it will simply disarm those of us who enjoy our firearms for sporting and hunting. not just that but it is a way that many american families my self included spend time with their families in the outdoors. You know bobby there is a hand gun ban in chicago and yet its funny that while working on a rehab project for the CITY OF CHICAGO I myself was witness to a shooting at one of the cities low income living facilties. In chicago where there is a ban BOBBY, do you think these guys got there hand guns at the Bass Pro Shop,or Cabellas down the street I dont think so. Open up your eyes get with the program and keep your hands off of LAW ABIDDING AMERICANS CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS!!!!!!.

• gissim0 02/17/2009 1:15am

Who are the idiots that vote for these total losers?

• Anonymous 02/18/2009 9:19am

In a country where Pizza Hut sometimes arives faster than the police this so called leader dares to pass a bill to remove my ability to defend myself in my own home. Whether it is arrogance or complete ignorance this is as unAmerican as it gets. This idiot is a posterchild for one of my favorite comments on gun control.(citizen control)
    I am sorry I do not remember the police chiefs name who said this but I believe it took place in New Jersey. There was a shooting and a reporter asked him what he thought of gun control. His awnser nails this guy and the Pelosi/Reid crew
    “Gun control is a fig leaf behind which politicians hide their impotence in the face of rising crime.”

congressperson rush must never have heard of Kennesaw Ga. Allways on the list of cities with the least amount of crime. Next to Atlanta which is one the other end of the list Kennesaw has a law that says every home owner shall own a gun! What a surprise the scum that makes up the crimmanal element doesnt want to face an armed homeowner!!
    I guess they are the ones this idiots planning on voting for him. He sure would make it easier for him. Gotta go now and join the NRA and every other group that will protect my right to protect my family.

• Anonymous 02/18/2009 10:54am

Congressman Rush, RE HR-45 Have you fogotten the oath you made in January? Preserve the Constitution. If you can’t, maybe you should get another line of work.

• Flashbangman 02/18/2009 3:33pm

Sir you must have forgotten that you are an AMERICAN. You may have a different skin color but you are an American. Come to your senses and stop pushing this H.R. 45 Bill. Your position in public service just might be ending without your knowledge. I feel for the child that got killed however, alot of people get kill daily and in all kinds of situations not just guns. Taking away our guns will just give the crooks more control and leverage. Oh I forgot you got yours and the hell with the rest of us. You don’t live in the bad parts of town, you can’t see the dirt from your luxurious home can you. Get out of public service you haven’t the first clue on how to serve the people who need a good Senator.
    SW
    Denver, Colorado

• ronmon 02/19/2009 11:10am

On HR45:

Having owned guns for over 50 years, I have never used them against anyone (nor plan to) but would if forced within the confines of my own property with justification such as protecting my family from bodily harm. If I cannot protect my family and property by myself then I know the Police can’t be there fast enough to keep home intruders at bay. A lot can happen in the 5-15 mins for the police requires to respond. I am pretty sure I could stop a intruder long enough for the police to arrive if I had a gun. I am too old to use other means to protect myself such as a Bat or knife.

I think this Bill HR 45 will just increase the black-market for guns and make the ones we have more valuable. It’s kind of like the Drug Market… they are against the law and the market is very profitable for them. This bill will not stop crime…. criminals will have guns.

You don’t have to shoot intruders and trouble makers to in order to make them think twice before committing an act of aggression. Just show them your armed too.

HR 45 is not taking the nation the right direction basically because we don’t trust the government to stop there. Read up on what happened in Britain… they don’t have firearms and crime has increased and the people are outraged and defenseless.

• Anonymous 02/19/2009 11:28am

PULEEZ…Can we find some sort of cause that is worthwhile! Prohibiting ownership of a firearm by the general population in order to prevent an accidental death caused by poor judgement of an individual, is not what I would call the result of deep thinking. Nor would it prevent crime. In the words of Bill Clinton…“Give me a break”. All it would do is disarm the law abiding citizenry, and set them up as victims of criminals who would prey on them due to their vulnerability. Can we learn from past mistakes, like Prohibition? That did nothing but create a rich criminal underworld that still plagues us today. Good intentions should not be an excuse for ill conceived regulations.

• Anonymous 02/20/2009 6:32am

How does this pile of dog cr@p’s bill cut down on gun crimes? Criminals will not register their guns nor will they obtain a license to own their firearms! WHEN WILL YOU F#KING PEOPLE WAKE UP AND VOTE THESE F#KTARDS OUT OF OFFICE???????

Official website: