Rep. Bobby Rush

Democrat  •  1st District, Illinois  •  11th Term  •  Sworn In 1993
Current Term 2013 - 2015 View All

• Anonymous 02/20/2009 8:50am

Well I’ll just be dipped. It is people like you congressman Rush that will be responsible for the next revolution in America. I truly believe that We the People have just about had enough of elected officials who swear on the Holy Bible to defend and protect the Constitution and Bill of Rights of this great nation. I am a honest, law abiding citizen, a veteran, a person that worked hard to retire at 55 and I swear every time I turn the liberal/socialist television on all I hear is another bill being considered to take away our freedoms and rights and at the same time add another tax or price tag so THE GOVERNMENT will have more money to operate with and place other restrictions upon its citizens. If the government has enough money for a stimulus package then it has too much money. We are taxed to the max and wars have been started and fought over lesser issues. It doesn’t make much sense if we pay taxes all the time and then the government turns right around and sends the tax money back to certain people as a sign of helping or doing a big favor when all they need to do is less taxing and leave the money with the people and they wouldn’t need your help. I’m sorry. That is what the government wants, people dependent upon them for their income, health care and so on. If the federal government would stick to protecting this nation from enemies within and without and securing the borders all would be fine and dandy. Now here the government is federalizing businesses and trying to tell professional business people how to run their business and the government can’t even run their own business much less balance a budget. Now throw this HR 45 in the trashcan and start doing something constructive while earning your paycheck. Read the Constitution and Bill of Rights because apparently you haven’t. This bill of yours is totally ridiculous and a waste of taxpayers money. We don’t pay you people to make life miserable on us but to keep America free. Not everyone can afford to pay for these rights and you know that. The framers of the Constitution did not expect the citizens to have to pay for any of the rights they provided with their sacrifices for us to enjoy. This is nothing but a gun control/citizen control issue. People already have to PAY in order to exercise their Constitutional rights to bear arms with concealed carry laws. That is also unconstitutional. I shall be free to give a firearm to my 2 year- old grand son if I choose or to anyone I want to. I shall be free to sell any of my firearms as I choose. You and no one else have the right to deprive me from doing so. Forget this notion of yours and whomever else might be lurking in the wings. People are not going to sit back much longer and it is time you congress folks wake up and start doing the job you are being paid to do or go to the house. In your case, I prefer the latter.

• Anonymous 02/20/2009 9:13am

Dear Congreesman Rush;

Thank you for being a honorable person and doing the right thing. It’s about time that there was a way to check the idiots and criminals that buy guns for dubious reasons.

Anonymous 02/20/2009 11:49am

What makes an idiot like you think that criminals will follow any laws? It is people like you that have destroyed our country that was once free. I hope you like socialism you coward. BOBBY RUSH IS JUST ANOTHER TYRANT AND PUPPET and does not care about freedom. In 1968 he co-founded the IL state Black Panther Party. 1969, Bobby Rush served six months in prison for illegal possession of firearms. RACIST AND CRIMINAL!

patriotgirl1 11/19/2009 6:05am

Guess what? It’s not the law abiding people that use the guns irresponibly-it’s the gang bangers, thieves, burglars, transients and other various unsavory people. I know…I’m in LAW ENFORCEMENT. When are some of you going to wake up? Do you really think cops are going to always be there when you call them? Wouldn’t you like to protect your family as well as yourself, just in case Mr. Officer doesn’t get there in time? It’ not about guns, it’s about RIGHTS! Even George Orwell got that!

Anonymous 02/22/2009 4:47am

I worked for 24 years in various Federal prisons around the country and you know what? It is illegal for an inmate to have a ‘shank’ or homemade knife. Do you think that stops them? NO!!! Why on God’s green earth do you think taking guns away from law abiding citizens will keep the guns out of the hands of criminals?

Typical liberal, socialistic, governmental control politician.

• Meesh1957 02/20/2009 3:57pm

Rep. Bobby Rush,
    Concerning HR 45. What’s the kick back for you and yours on this one? Cash, houses, more salary, private schools for friends and families. I have a right to bear arms in this country. You liberals are ruining this country. This is country is a capitalist country, not socialist and we will be resisting you and yours until you cease and desist in leading us through all 10 of the “Pillars of Communism”. Basically, you suck.

• Anonymous 02/20/2009 7:44pm

I think since H.R. 45 is such a drastic move away from historic American principles, that its passage could possibly start another civil war. Surely many millions of Americans would demand their states’ Secession

• calescus 02/22/2009 8:04pm

Mr. Rush, be a man and resign!!!! Now!!!

• dlcole 02/23/2009 7:15am

A thought for those wanting to ban guns…“When SECONDS count for your survival, the police are only MINUTES away”. How the hell does a convicted felon, who can’t legally own a gun, think he has the right to submit such a malaigned bill as HR-45? Geesh. Go back to Illinois and out of DC.

• emergncynrs 02/23/2009 8:08am

I am just trying to figure out if Mr Rush is a fool, an idiot or mentally defective. To be so arrogant as to even put forth a bill like HR 45 means he has some type of problem. Don’t hold your breath trying to take my weapons.

• neosin 02/23/2009 9:41am

How dare you. SHAME ON YOU!

• burlingtonpizza 02/23/2009 10:12am

On H.R. 45-Get a clue. Only criminals will have guns and it will make their jobs much easier. The second ammendment was written to protect ourselves from politicans like you! What’s next? Banning spoons for fat people or pencils because of mispelled words?

• Anonymous 02/23/2009 12:53pm

I have a permit carry a weapon. I choose not to, but I do have that right. I bought a pistol a month ago and they ran a background check on me right on the spot. They called the Sate police and everything checked out. SHOCKER! Do you think Johnny crack dealer will do this? No!! Open your eyes people, crime is committed by criminals, not the ones who are licensed to carry…

• Anonymous 02/24/2009 5:17am

Get lost, you scumbag.

• lilrattlesnake 02/24/2009 7:45am

This guy’s a moron. If he HONESTLY thinks this HR 45 Bill is a step closer to lessening children deaths from guns, crime, or anything else other than the gov’s hand in the pockets of working class citizens then he’s clearly past his prime. Time for a new Congressman! How about you do your job (what WE pay you to do) and not take away our Constitutional RIGHTS.

• Anonymous 02/24/2009 10:18am

HELLOOOOO…Mr Rush. If this bill merely serves as a method of keeping your name in lights, it is not appreciated by any right thinking individual. Beyond that, it merely provides support for the agenda of the cadre of “high minded” few, who are so insulated from reality, that they have no concept of a need for self protection. No police department has the capability of providing an individual with that sort of protection. They merely serve to apprehend the offender after the fact. That fact may be your demise at the hand of a criminal. And if said criminal doesn’t worry about the consequence of his actions, then woe is you.

• Anonymous 02/24/2009 11:30am

WHY DON’T WE ENFORCE THE LAWS WE DO HAVE AND STOP GOING AFTER THE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS. tHE PERCENTAGE OF LEGALLY OWNED WEAPONS USED IN CRIMES IS LESS THAN 1%. YET CONGRESS KEEPS PASSING LAWS TO REGULATE GUNS.

• Anonymous 02/25/2009 3:20am

Dont tell me again, another pollition from IL.on CRACK!!!!! When will this nonsence END!!!!

• Anonymous 02/25/2009 3:22am

my spelln might be bad but u know what i be talkin about!!!!!

• Anonymous 02/25/2009 1:56pm

HR 45 is aganist the 2nd ammendment of the USA it might work in a big city somewhere but not where i live i own 32 guns and i pity the goverment dude who comes to try and take them

• Anonymous 02/26/2009 11:09am

Too bad that good people are breeding less, and the idiots breed more people.
    It’s time for god fearing loyal americans to have larger families.

• Anonymous 02/26/2009 1:21pm

H.R. 45, you have to be kidding me. Why don’t you give the criminals everything that you own. It looks like Bobby Rush is coming up for election next year. It’s time to send a message Illinois, get rid of this facist, racist that we support with our tax dollars. Bobby, why don’t you go and get a real job.

• Stephens1961 02/27/2009 6:46am

I guess after you take an oath protect the constitution of the United States of America, Your brain takes a leave of absence because I can not believe for one moment that any American would stand by and let the elected Idiots take our most basic rights away from us.
    The 2nd Amendment is there for a reason not only for Americans to protect their families and property, but also it you read it Sir and I dont think you have or you just dont understand it. It says to protect us from not only from out side threats beyound our borders but to protect ourselves from our owm goverment and to keep it in check.
    Maybe that is one reason that they teach very little American History in school today and they don’t teach the Declaration of Indepence or the Constitution or the bill of Rights.
    Sorry for some of the misspelled words but that is a product of goverment sponsered Schools.

• Anonymous 02/27/2009 7:16am

I cannot believe what I am reading concerning HR 45. My word! What is wrong with mr rush’s thinking. In Colorado Springs, CO, there are many thousands of folks that have concealed carry permits. There has never been an incident where a permit holder has been convicted of a crime in which a firearm was used. In fact, responsible firearm owners have been able to stop a criminal from completing a crime without even firing a shot because they had a weapon and the home intruder didn’t want to die. mr bush is totally irresponsible and should remove himself from his position.

• merlin27316 02/27/2009 2:35pm

I absolutely can not believe this guy. As a US Navy vet and 17 year firefighter I’ve dedicated most of my adult life in the service of my country and yet will never receive the golden fleece retirement package this slug does. I hope he’s the one they send to collect my guns if and when that time comes cause there will be one heck of a firefight.

• Anonymous 02/27/2009 3:24pm

We’ve sat back and watched the Chicago mafia spin out of control — in just one month in Washington. The crazies have truly taken over the nut house! Go home, Bobby, if you can’t do any better than this. You don’t deserve to collect a salary for coming up with THIS kind of crap. Can’t wait till your booted out of office!

• Anonymous 02/27/2009 5:09pm

REVOLT!!! The time has come.

• Anonymous 02/27/2009 7:20pm

It’s AMAZING that a JERK like Bobby Rush could EVER get elected to ANYTHING in ANY STATE ….. How do you people DO IT ??? I guess it’s just like IDIOT voters electing dip-stick teddy kennedy to the senate over and over …. and electing a PHONY like the “wannabe” John “RAMBO” Kerry …. there’s a “RUMBLE” underneath that a lot of COMMIE/PINKOS don’t want to hear, but MILLIONS can hear it …..

• Anonymous 02/28/2009 7:28am

HR 45 is unconstitutional, violates 4th ammendment as well.

• Anonymous 03/01/2009 3:15am

if you want my guns come and take it

Official website: