Rep. Janice Schakowsky

Democrat  •  9th District, Illinois  •  8th Term  •  Sworn In 1999
Current Term 2013 - 2015 View All

• Spam Comment

• DOUGLASFIELD 04/29/2010 9:53am

DEAR CONGRESSMAN JANICE SCHAKOWSKY,

U.S. SUPREME COURT TO THE RESCUE OF MIDDLE~CLASS AND WORKING POOR AMERICANS OR IS THIS JUST ANOTHER BAD DREAM THAT REAL JUSTICE WILL ONLY CONTINUE TO NOT BE AFFORDED US LITTLE PEOPLE HERE IN THE WEALTHIEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD ?

MIDDLE~CLASS AND WORKING POOR RELIGIOUS AMERICANS REST OUR CASE AGAINST GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS & SATAN ~ YOUR U.S. SUPREME COURT HONOR’S !

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS,AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ?
  • Homebuilt7 05/30/2010 10:02am

Here is some information you should be aware of before voting for Jan Schakowsky.

• pelmof 06/30/2010 1:57am

Dear Congresswoman Shakowsky,

h.r.5618 needs to be passed immediately. There are 15 million Americans who are “unemployed through no fault of their own,” and who are also frantically attempting to find new jobs that do not exist. The majority of these 15 million have a family dependent upon their income, so that increases the number to possibly 30 or even 45 million Americans who are in imminent danger of losing everything. When this happens, the financial and moral consequences for this country will be dire indeed. I’ll say it again—h.r.5618 needs to be passed immediately! Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

• Spam Comment

• BuffysNaturals 10/06/2010 12:45pm

Regarding H.R. 5786 Why is there no exception to Food Chemicals Codex (FCC) aka food grade ingredients? The skin is thick & deigned as a protective barrier while the digestive track is thin & designed for absorption, thereby implying food grade ingredients are held to higher standards. This would encourage the use of food grade ingredients in cosmetics, thereby encouraging safer cosmetics. Which is the purpose of this Act is it not?
    The bill as worded with the testing requirements would destroy small start-up Cosmetic Companies, there needs to be something to encourage small businesses to start companies that are healthy, not destroy them before they start.

• Duck_Limbaugh 12/01/2010 12:44pm

You are the biggest Commie-Liberal (besides Pelosi) on the Planet! Quack!

• phorv2 07/24/2012 7:31pm

Dear Congressman Schakowsky,

I am writing as your constituent in the 9th Congressional district of Illinois. I support H.R.459 – Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2011,
    I do hope you are a co-sponsor to the aforementioned bill as I would feel it despicable of any congressman that is elected to safeguard the better interest of the people and at the same time support a private institution that disburses trillions of our taxpayer dollars to whoever they want without any accountability; consolidation wealth to the hands of a few while leaving us and our children in perpetual debt. I believe far too many politicians are not well informed about how the Federal Reserve operates and seriously need to become educated on the subject.

Sincerely,

Paul Horvath

• Eujenia11 06/19/2013 4:09pm

Dear Rep. Schakowsky, You aren’t my rep, but as a Democrat, and a woman who owns a small skin care business, I want to voice my opposition to the Safer Cosmetics Act. I oppose this act for many reasons, but my main ones are:

The requirements for testing are both vague and vast, leaving product formulators with the responsibility for testing for minute levels of undefined contamination in ingredients purchased from vendors, especially natural ingredients; and an impossible-to-comply-with demand for reproductive safety testing.

I support using generally-recognized-as-safe ingredients, I support challenge testing and good manufacturing processes, and I certainly support transparency and consistency in labeling, so I’m not trying to be unreasonable. The way this bill is currently written places a huge burden on the industry, and could easily cripple my very small business.

Eujenia Renfroe, MZS Beauty