Former Rep. Bart Stupak

Democrat  •  Michigan 9 Terms  •  Sworn In 1993
Last Term 2009 - 2010 View All

Homebuilt7 06/17/2010 6:08am

Stupak, I am not a “small person” either and want my healthcare choices back. We “small people” will get our choices back after the removal of you and your cronies from office in November.

DOUGLASFIELD 04/29/2010 11:11am

DEAR CONGRESSMAN BART STUPAK,

U.S. SUPREME COURT TO THE RESCUE OF MIDDLE~CLASS AND WORKING POOR AMERICANS OR IS THIS JUST ANOTHER BAD DREAM THAT REAL JUSTICE WILL ONLY CONTINUE TO NOT BE AFFORDED US LITTLE PEOPLE HERE IN THE WEALTHIEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD ?

MIDDLE~CLASS AND WORKING POOR RELIGIOUS AMERICANS REST OUR CASE AGAINST GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS & SATAN ~ YOUR U.S. SUPREME COURT HONOR’S !

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS,AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ?

LAWYERS FOR POOR AMERICANS

fortermlimits 03/31/2010 6:24am

I just donated to the “Defeat Stupak” fund. We have seen the last of you, Mr Stipak. Time to go anyway, you have done enough damage.

jmagee77 03/25/2010 5:12am

Congressman Stupak, you and you back room deals disgust me.
It’s called the “Will” of the people and majority of the people did not want this Bill passed. You didn’t do you job.
Don’t forget you work for the people and not the other way around.

MaryRuth 03/24/2010 7:26pm

Congressman Stupak, I am sorry that you and your family are being threatened by the crazy fringe of the Right. Legal action against them is what is called for in order to show to all that threats are not protected speech. Their confusion on the issue is an excuse for them to heat up the rhetoric even more, as if that is the democratic way. It is not. It is criminal and nothing more. God bless you and your family, and may God show those criminals, who are abusing and misusing our system, a better way because we need a stronger and better country than what they propose.

Superpower 03/22/2010 10:45am

Mr. Stupak,
A stunning demonstration on how to be a seelout…well done! I hope you consider what you did to destroy this great country every single day of the rest of your miserable life. You’re a menace and a threat to liberty and freedom in America.

snappy69 03/22/2010 8:07am
in reply to Homebuilt7 Mar 21, 2010 12:23pm

He wasn’t “had” Homebuilt7… it’s much worse than that… he KNEW that not only “could” the executive order be eliminated later but that it most certainly will be eliminated!

snappy69 03/22/2010 7:55am

This guy represents the worst kind of tyranny. Not only was his yea vote on national health care a shameful abomination to his oath to uphold the Constitution. He justified his vote before his constituents through the prevaricative use of an “executive order” promising no public money will be used for abortions. Knowing full well that the order will have no effect on the senate legal language and that the executive order can be changed or eliminated altogether on a whim. Something the president will certainly do, he signed it on a whim to buy Stupak’s vote and so he will eliminate it (just as simply) after the law is passed.

If you are pro-life and voted for Stupak. This guy just assented to (or perhaps engineered) an elaborate scheme to keep pro-life votes and still help to pass the health care bill at the same time.

Remember that the next time you’re at the polls… this one needs to go home. Send someone who actually BELIEVES in the right to life even AFTER he’s elected!

stayathomefeminista 03/21/2010 1:43pm

How can anyone trust Obama to keep his word?? This is aweful….please stick to your plan to make sure the the bill puts it in writing…the Executive order is not sufficent.

Homebuilt7 03/21/2010 12:23pm

An executive order can be over ridden and over turned dummy. You been had.

Bud9342 03/21/2010 10:03am

Never mind… he is just as worthless and caved

Bud9342 03/21/2010 10:00am

We appreciate you sticking to your guns against this healthcare disaster. I wish my representative Dale Kildee had guts and would stand up and represent his constituents as well as you currently are. We do not want this healthcare bill in this form and appreciate you standing against it.

joeschmo67829 11/09/2009 5:51am
in reply to Anonymous Mar 31, 2008 12:55pm

That’s delegates, not representatives

RobinSwelch 10/29/2009 9:45am

Thank you for that letter to Nancy Pelosi on repealing the Anti-Trust Exemption for insurance companies, good work.

RJSM0525 08/30/2009 1:44am
in reply to yoopervan73 Mar 30, 2009 5:45am

Rep Stupak appears to try to represent us some of the time, but he represents the Democrat Party all the time. One of his radio comments on the Health Care Takeover bill was interesting. He indicated that he thought the townhall meeting people, that oppose the HC Bill, were not to be considered to be actual people. He has had 1 telephone conference and 1 townhall meeting in person. I am on his list to be notified about meetings and I never received a notice on either one. I think he is a coward. When I write to his office, the responses are pure Party Line fluff.I am disturbed by his preoccupation with Accutane and his son’s death. If I wrote about Accutane, I’m sure I would get a real response, not fluff. Too Party Line, too interested in his own survival as a POLITICIAN.

yoopervan73 03/30/2009 5:45am

Representative Stupak did not read the Stimulus Bill that was included the provisions for AIG bonuses. Afterwards Stupak voted for an attainder which is Unconstitutional, by signaling out a single organization with a tax at 90%. Interestingly Stupak if he was doing his job would have seen the loophole for AIG. As a citizen I am not angry with AIG, but with the politicians like Stupak are incapable of doing his job. In 2010 Stpuak is up for reelection. In Michigan we can utilize the Constitution of the State Article II Section 8 Recall Petition. Let us rid this Toxic Asset of Michigan in 2009. Why wait for 2010 when the state constitution allows the people to rid this parasite. lets put provisions on repal of his salary , benefits and so forth. Rid the scum out of Michigan and make sure he can never be in political office ever again.

pharmapusherman 03/29/2009 2:30pm

With your interest in prescription drugs that can cause suicide/homicide, I hope you will work vigorously AGAINST HR 20, the Melanie Blocker Stokes act. This is a pharma push initiative that sailed through the House last year, and would involve giving pregnant women and new mothers SSRI antidepressants. Google SSRI Stories and read of the tragedies of women pre and post partum who have been on these drugs. Thank you so very much….it has a lot of pharm-paid front groups backing it.

BPinnorthernmich 03/27/2009 1:04pm

I am begging you not to pass Hr 875!!! The government has no right coming on my farm and making me grow thier way!!!! This bill is way too general and the government will abuse it!!!! I sell at a farmers market and what would happen if someone bought tomatoes from me and went home and cooked chicken and salad and contaminated my tomatoes and got sick. I would be to blame and fined. This is nuts! Just another big bill for the big guys and another thumb on the little farmer!! The next election can’t come soon enough!!! Protecting our food, you think we’re stupid??? I guess you will all find out, that is if we are ALLOWED to vote!!!!

Anonymous 09/22/2008 7:49am

Oh my god, you are naming a bill after a known drug abuser? Did you do any research? That so called "child " Ryan is what YOU are honoring? Shame on you. No wonder we are in crisis…NO ONE IS WILLING TO DO SOME RESEARCH

Anonymous 03/31/2008 12:55pm

Michigan and Florida democratic delegates should not be awarded from their primaries. To do so is to disinfrangize voters whose candidate either weren’t on the ballot or those who didn’t vote because they had been told it wouldn’t count. What you do impacts us all – we expect a fair process from you.

Official website: