Former Rep. John Tanner

Democrat  •  Tennessee 11 Terms  •  Sworn In 1989
Last Term 2009 - 2010 View All

• Anonymous 02/27/2008 4:11am

WE NEED TO MAINTAIN PRESIDENT BUSH’S SURVEILLANCE PROGRAM TO STOP TERRISTS. TO EVEN CONSIDER ALLOWING ANY CHANGE IN THIS CURRENT POLICY IS LUNACY. WE’LL BE BEHIND EUROPE AND AND THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WESTERN WORLD WITHOUT INTEL? WHAT IS THE LOGIC BEHIND THIS, TO DELIBERATELY DISABLE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE? WHY DOESN’T CONGRESS UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WORK FOR US, YET YOU DICTATE POLICIES WHICH “WE THE PEOPLE” DO NOT SUPPORT? I DIDN’T VOTE FOR SOROS, I DON’T CARE HOW MUCH MONEY HE HAS AND I SAY “NO” TO LUNACY!

• jeremy_neel 04/07/2009 6:54pm

Is this not a board for comments about John Tanner? I thought when I clicked on this link that I would find meaningful infromation about my representative, but all I found was your garbage on a page of personal importance to me. I will thank you if you will abstain from any further comments not relating to Representative John Tanner. Thank you.

• Webedebtfree 07/05/2009 7:21am

I would like to Thank Mr. Tanner on his NO vote for H.R.2454 American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009.

• DOUGLASFIELD 02/05/2010 5:05pm

CONGRESSMAN,

• MANY MORE IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS ARE NOW FINDNG OUT THE TRUTH OTHER THEN SENATOR WEBB …
  • Superpower 03/04/2010 2:00am

If you like your job, you’ll vote “NO” on Obamacare. The majority of Americans demand it.

• engineeron 03/10/2010 4:33pm

The people have spoken “NO” on obamacare. We do need to change health care but
    do it with a good bill. NOT THIS ONE WITH ALL THE GIVE AWAY DEALS MADE BEHIND CLOSED DOORS.

judymarie 03/12/2010 3:00pm

The Democrats that voted you into office do not want you to vote with the Republican party of “NO”. People in this country need affordable health care. Do your job and stand up to the intimidation of the Republicans!

fayrita 03/20/2010 1:22pm

Democrats are not the only ones who voted for Rep. Tanner. I’m a Republican and he got my vote as he did from other Republicans in this state along with Independents. So yes…he should do his job and listen to the people of his district. He knows what the majority wants by the “on the phone townhall meetings” he had before he voted no the first time. If he’s really representing the people in Tennessee then he will vote NO. Even Phil Bredesen, our democratic governor says this bill will hurt Tennessee and he does not support it. I do agree we need affordable healthcare and some legislation concerning healthcare but this bill is not it.

• fayrita 03/22/2010 12:37am

Although this health care bill ended up passing, I want to thank Rep. Tanner for listening to the people of his district and voting no.

• DOUGLASFIELD 04/29/2010 7:33am

DEAR CONGRESSMAN JOHN TANNER,

U.S. SUPREME COURT TO THE RESCUE OF MIDDLE~CLASS AND WORKING POOR AMERICANS OR IS THIS JUST ANOTHER BAD DREAM THAT REAL JUSTICE WILL ONLY CONTINUE TO NOT BE AFFORDED US LITTLE PEOPLE HERE IN THE WEALTHIEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD ?

MIDDLE~CLASS AND WORKING POOR RELIGIOUS AMERICANS REST OUR CASE AGAINST GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS & SATAN ~ YOUR U.S. SUPREME COURT HONOR’S !

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS,AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ?

LAWYERS FOR POOR AMERICANS