Sen. Thomas Coburn

Republican  •  Oklahoma  •  2nd Term  •  Sworn In 2005
Current Term 2011 - 2017 View All

nfarrow 10/16/2009 3:21am

I email him once and all I got was this below. I feel that if you can’t even show some concern for the people you are representing in your job way even be there. All I wanted was for him to say, “I feel the same way” or “I feel that a lot of people would not see the same view.” To play the generic email card is worse then not replying at all.

Dear Mr. Farrow:

Thank you for contacting me to share your views on the issues that are important to you. I always value hearing from my fellow Oklahomans.

NoGoodOnesLeft 10/15/2009 2:28pm

This guy is like a little baby. He is more concerned with his personal feelings than what is good for the country. Anybody who votes for him next year is crazy!

Moderated Comment

nfarrow 10/20/2009 8:59am

Mr. Coburn voted against an anti-rape bill. Do I need to say anymore…… and his friend Mr. Inhofe (R-OK)voted the sameway.

Spam Comment

Anonymous 02/13/2008 11:34am

Those who vote for unconstitutional warrentless wiretaps and vote to protect the criminals that violate our privacy are not worthy of the position they hold. It’s impossible to justify undermining the very essence of our constitution in order to protect it. Another sell out.

AnnaSchaefer 06/20/2010 11:07pm

You and the rest of the Republicans are so transparent! President Obama, as well as us Americans, know what you are doing. Stalling and not voting on what the people want and need in this country. Do the job you were elected to do, and start voting! Your tactics in stalling is only going to back fire on you all. Show our President some respect. How you treat him, is a reflection on how you treat us Americans. We may have been fooled in the past, but not anymore! We The People have spoken by electing President Obama into office. We need change and we need it now! And quit blaming President Obama for the disaster in the Gulf. Enough is enough!

klassylady25 04/03/2010 11:26am

Keep holding others accountable. It doesn’t make a difference which side of the fence.

It was also very nice to meet and shake your hand, at Metro Tech. Also, you have some great help. Met them both.

jwarner7 04/07/2010 9:29am

Well, Its clear to see than “Nfarrow” is a political hack; there is not much more that needs to be said about anyone that takes the Huffington Post seriously. “Nfarrow”= Liberal leftist kool-aid drinking freak.

brig219 04/12/2010 11:06am

Coburn- you are the biggest asshole Ive ever seen!
you dont care about any human beings!!! oh and that poster of the little girl you keep putting up during your speeches-? arnt you using that enuf? your making me sick that you would use a little “girl” photo so you could get your own selfish way!

brig219 04/12/2010 11:15am
in reply to brig219 Apr 12, 2010 11:12am

reply wasnt for nfarrow- sorry!

purplelilac3084 06/29/2010 5:06am

Spam Comment

pelmof 06/29/2010 6:16am
in reply to purplelilac3084 Jun 29, 2010 5:06am

purplelilac3084: There you go again. You did not write this, I did. You have obviously copied it and are now pasting it into selected senators of your choice, while I am sending it ALL senators. Just stop trying to claim my words as your, please. This is the 4th time. At this hour, I’ve covered about 70 of the senators—so stop, already!

Spam Comment

steve_hunt_okc 04/27/2008 8:57pm
I want to see Coburn team up with Waxman and go after Sports Stadium subsidies. Shift the focus from the steroid non-sense to something that negatively effects almost everyone!!!! Coburn is just the guy to do something like this. He’d be my new hero…
nfarrow 10/27/2009 4:57am

Coburn Pulls The Plug On Grandma’s Social Security

jeffreyneece 12/13/2009 10:50am

no firearms control that dume ass we call our president dont have the right to do this!!!!

klassylady25 02/26/2010 8:01am

That you for speaking out for the American People, at the summit yesterday!!

travelinmatt 04/01/2009 2:11pm

Please oppose HR 45 Blair Holt and other bills similar to taking away any of our freedoms. I don’t own a handgun but if I want one then I should be able to go get one to defend myself and my freedom. I also want you to stop H.J.Res.5 Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President. Really? What kind of nut jobs are up there with you. Why would anyone introduce such crazy laws?

jessicakooiman 09/14/2011 4:59pm

Dear Senator,

The Transportation Enhancements (TE) program has dramatically expanded transportation options and improved traffic safety in thousands of communities across our nation. It’s a great success story. I ask that you support the continuation of dedicated federal funding for TE and a clean extension of the transportation bill.

The federal investment in biking and walking is cost-effective: 1.5 percent of transportation spending supports the 12 percent of all trips that are made on foot or bike. Last year, the federal investment in biking and walking supported more than 3,000 projects and programs in all 50 states. Reallocating this money to road construction would pay for less than 20 miles of new of new highway in a single location.

Investments in biking and walking provide tremendous bang for each buck. Bike infrastructure projects create and support good jobs, reduce road congestion and air pollution, and improve personal health.

rkshstout 10/21/2009 7:14pm

Senater Coburn, Please dont listen the idiotic comments of the minority few. Please keep up the awsome and good work you are doing in Wa. We need about 99 more Senators just like you. Thank you.

Superpower 12/30/2010 5:40am

You’re a sellout and an EPIC FAILURE. You should retire or better yet, become a Democrat considering you vote like one.

zakkh 06/16/2010 2:06pm

Dear Senator Coburn, Why

zakkh 06/16/2010 2:07pm

Dear Senator Coburn Please explain why you oppose “Billy’s Law”, I just cannot fathom why you do not support the search for missing persons.

Revolution 06/28/2010 7:19pm

You are a disgrace to your country and should be embarrassed to have the UNITED STATES in front of your title.4th of July is upon us-it reminds us of history and how the people can come together to make a difference.I hope you and your family meet the same outcome as the 15,000,000+ unemployed.You turned your back on the Citizens by playing games and stupid antics.Assistance needs to be offered to ease the minds of the families and allow continued dignity no matter the cost. You spend OUR money like water and the American people MUST and SHOULD be priority one!
“As good government is an empire of laws, how shall your laws be made? In a large society,inhabiting an extensive country,it is impossible that the whole should assemble to make laws. The first necessary step, then,is to depute power from the many to a few of the most wise and good.”
John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776
Obviously we dont have the few wise and good in the senate-but we have the power to change that.

brig219 04/12/2010 11:12am
in reply to nfarrow Oct 20, 2009 8:59am

you must be related

sharibear 07/07/2010 6:13pm
in reply to pelmof Jun 29, 2010 6:16am
Anonymous 06/27/2008 6:11am

Thanks! for voting nay on S 3101 (Medicare Competitive Bidding Delay)…lets just turn this country into a socialistic society. Do you realize that by allowing competitive bidding you are making large companies get bigger and shutting down thousands of smaller Durable Medical Equipment companies, thus thousands of jobs have been lost. Medicare recipients have not been educated on this issue and are in for a scare. Thanks again….greed and money= US government!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dlramsey69 09/18/2009 5:58pm

Mister Senator,
I have one question for you. The H.R.45 – Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009. What are your thoughts on this bill? Will be become as the citizens of Australia, China, Malaysia, and other countries? Will we not have the right to defend our self without having to submit to the government saying if we can or cannot have a gun and then be taxed on each gun. This bill only puts more illegal guns out on the street and puts the law abiding citizens in more danger as that we would not be able to have protection of our home and property. Some people can’t afford the taxes we are forced to pay now. Then if this bill passes we will be taxed on our right to bear arms. Where will this all end?
Don Ramsey