Rep. Emanuel Cleaver

Democrat  •  5th District, Missouri  •  5th Term  •  Sworn In 2005
Current Term 2013 - 2015 View All

Bondsman 05/29/2012 6:16pm

I just read where Eric Holder and a member of the IRS will be explaining to black pastors what they can and cannot say to protect 501c3 status as churchs and still tell the flocks vote obama. My problem with this is: No true Christian can vote for a baby killing anti God candidate and expect God to EVER hear Their prayers! I have had a lot of respect for you but after reading this I am done. We cannot put race over God and thats all this is, wether he pays off your B of A loan or not shouldnt matter to a Man of God. Obama is a peon next to a called man of God. I know you cannot do this and expect your prayers to be answered and deep down you know this. The head rush of the attention and money may be to much for you to bear and you may fall but please do not drag your flock with you. OUR Bible says when a Fool is in power the people suffer! Obama is a failed experiment not because he’s black but because his only experience is buying votes w/taxpayers money. Dont let a peon influence you

DOUGLASFIELD 05/03/2010 10:55am

DEAR CONGRESSMAN CLEAVER,

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS,AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ???
klassylady25 03/22/2010 9:35pm

One who betrays another’s trust or is false to an obligation or duty ~ The time has come in American when those, in service, stop making a living off of those that work. Time to find a real job.

Spam Comment

jackbear10 11/22/2009 7:26am

Dear Rep. Emanuel Cleaver,

I read an article written by Betsy Shea-Taylor in the Attleboro Sun Chronicle dated 11/22/2009. She wrote about your Complaint Free Wednesday. I loved the idea. Have a peaceful, safe and Happy Holiday Season.

Sincerely,

Jeff Froio
Attleboro MA

dlbysr44 09/07/2009 2:08pm

I agree with Tim Havens support of H.R. 1207. Although I am weary of the fallout of the revelations the audit might bring, it is the only way to bring change to such a monopoly as the “Federal Reserve.”

I am not a Libitarian. I am not a idoliser of Milton Freedman economics. I believe in public schools. I do not want any public infrastructure privatised. But right now (until people wake up & get active) the government (us) is paying the banks back “debt” in perpetuity. And government contracts are not always open for bid. And now U.S. tax dollars are paying corporate aristocrats in Germany! Somehow…it has to stop.

Spam Comment

Spam Comment

Spam Comment

Spam Comment

Spam Comment

Anonymous 04/17/2008 5:50pm

Congressman Cleaver. I have a lot of respect for you because this is not a light decision you have to take. This is so important, that would change the course of a nation for 4 years because it’s not about race or gender but asking ourselves, who’s really proving to me it’s the best candidate, with real solutions to all the problems our country confront right now? I’m with you. Senator Hillary Clinton has expressed the best solutions!

Anonymous 03/07/2008 6:45am

Congressman Cleaver – Thank you very much for your support of HR1424 (The Paul Wellstone Equitable Treatment Act for Mental Health and Addiction). It is very much appreciate. ~ Dan Duncan National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse (NCADA) – St. Louis

Anonymous 02/14/2008 1:49pm

Emanuel Cleaver says: Are we elected to monitor where our constituents are … or are we to use our best judgment to do what’s in the best interests of our constituents.

So what he’s saying is: My constituents are too stupid to know what’s best for them, so I’ll fill that void by “representing” them according to what I think is best for them.

Official website: