Rep. Carol Shea-Porter

Democrat  •  1st District, New Hampshire  •  3rd Term  •  Sworn In 2007
Current Term 2013 - 2015 View All

Superpower 02/27/2010 5:33am

If you like your job, you’ll vote against Obamacare.

JackalS11 03/25/2010 5:37pm
in reply to Superpower Feb 27, 2010 5:33am

Guess she doesn’t

JackalS11 03/25/2010 5:38pm

I don’t know why any of you are surprised that Carol Shea-Communist voted for this.

DOUGLASFIELD 02/06/2010 3:54pm

CONGRESSMAN,

• MANY MORE IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS ARE NOW FINDNG OUT THE TRUTH OTHER THEN SENATOR WEBB AND THOSE OTHERS IN THE NOW… IN CONGRESS
fortermlimits 10/27/2009 9:22pm

While listening to your one minute speech on why we should have and want the healthcare bill you are trying to push down our throat, I couldn’t help wondering why poor Bradly Baldwin doesn’t go on medicare. WE DON’T WANT THIS HEALTHCARE BILL!!! Listen to the people!!!

cabsf15e 08/04/2010 12:12pm

Rep. Porter, I sure hope you are in support of HR 3577, the “EARNED” act. As a 27 year veteran of the USAF, including over 150 combat missions over Iraq, I will not vote for anyone who is not in support of this bill. The Post 9/11 GI Bill finally has some utility, versus the poor attempts at Veterans educational benefits in the past. If an individual is 100% qualified for the benefits, such as I am, then they should be able to transfer their benefits to their children. Just because I retired 9 months prior to the arbitrary date of 1 Aug 09, should in no way preclude me from transfering my benefits. As it stands right now, this Bill is very discriminatory and needs to be changed…if an individual is 100% eligible, they should rightfully enjoy all the benefits of the Bill!

jgilvar 10/27/2008 8:24am

Carol you have my vote but I disagree with you on PRO-IP, could you please read this, and respond to me with why you chose to support this strike against every American citizen? I take issue with your current Yea vote on the PRO-IP law, as a NH Democrat I should not have to school you on the government or police, policing for business and that is what Pro-IP is doing in creating a United States Intellectual Property Enforcement Representative to police the citizens of the USA. Secondly the PRO-IP bill could ruin families, The RIAA has already attempted to do this but Pro-IP would change a Childs mistake of downloading one album with the current top penalty of $30,000 up $360,000, in this economy that would cause most families into bankruptcy, is that what you want???

I have first hand knowledge of the downloading practices of children of NH; I have fixed many computers locally for virus infections and in cleaning up the infections and giving the parents the statement and inform them of the way their son or daughter infected the computer, in most cases its file sharing and the parents no nothing of how it works.

Do you have kids with computers?

Should the ISP be more responsible for content downloading?

zarcondeegrissom 12/19/2009 9:23pm

H.R. 3962 Sec. 59B. Tax on individuals without “acceptable” health care coverage.
Why are you punishing people for not being able to pay more for heath care.
The government does NOT have the right to dictate what people must purchase.
We The People, can NOT afford this. Abide by the Constitution you swore to uphold.

moranj92 11/08/2009 5:04am

Apparently you do not listen to the people of NH and the USA. This does show with your Aye vote for HR3962. This will be your last term, good luck in 2010.

Official website: