Former Rep. Paul Hodes

Democrat  •  New Hampshire 2 Terms  •  Sworn In 2007
Last Term 2009 - 2010 View All

• Anonymous 01/15/2008 9:25am
    I am writting this to all of MY Reprentatives in Congress., Both Senators and Congresspeople so do not feel lonesomes.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. STAY OUT OF SPORTS. Let the Sports people handle there Problems with out THE GOVERNMENT GETTING INVOLVED… What gives you the right to in the FIRST PLACE and Second and probably MORE IMPORTANT .YOU PEOPLE ARE DOIND A PRETTY GOOD JOB OF SCREWING UP THE COUNTRY WE DO NOT NEED YOU SCREWING UP SPORTS.. THANK YOU AND PLEASE STAY OUT OF IT.. PS Many of us do not care about steroids ..WHERE WE RE YOU WHEN BABE USED CORKED BATS WHERE WERE YOU WHEN COBB SHARPENED HIS SPIKES WHERE WERE YOU WHEN VASELINE WAS THE STOCK TO BUY OR SAND PAPER .. GET OUT OF IT AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS
  • jgilvar 10/27/2008 8:19am

Dear Mr. Hodes I take issue with your current Yea vote on the PRO-IP law, as a NH Democrat I should not have to school you on the government or police, policing for business and that is what Pro-IP is doing in creating a United States Intellectual Property Enforcement Representative to police the citizens of the USA. Secondly the PRO-IP bill could ruin families, The RIAA has already attempted to do this but Pro-IP would change a Childs mistake of downloading one album with the current top penalty of $30,000 up $360,000, in this economy that would cause most families into bankruptcy, is that what you want???

I have first hand knowledge of the downloading practices of children of NH; I have fixed many computers locally for virus infections and in cleaning up the infections and giving the parents the statement and inform them of the way their son or daughter infected the computer, in most cases its file sharing and the parents no nothing of how it works.

Do you have kids with computers?

Should the ISP be more responsible for content downloading?

~j

• cdrq97 09/28/2009 6:48am

Please vote with some sort of decency. health care for illegals? greenhouse emissions tax, in the middle of a recession? STOP the spending and WAKE up! we don’t want, can’t afford won’t support any more silliness. Please vote as though it were your money.

• moranj92 11/08/2009 4:58am

Dear Mr. Hodes, With your yay vote on HR3962 in 2010 my vote in 2010 will not be for you.

• Spam Comment

• frazma 03/19/2010 8:56pm

Dear Sir,

We need Health Care Reform desperately – please know you have backers that will support you in supporting this much needed bill!

• klassylady25 03/23/2010 9:57am

John Boener said in his address to the Floor on Sunday night said, “Shame on each and every one of you who substitutes your will and your desires above those of your fellow countrymen. Around this chamber, looking upon us are the lawgivers. We break the ties of history in this chamber. We break our trust with Americans.”

Many will be watching and looking for men/woman who exemplifies: Honesty, Reverence, Hope, Thrift, Humility, Charity, Sincerity, Moderation, Hard Work, Courage, Personal Responsibility, and Gratitude.

“I consider the people who constitute a society or a nation as the source of all authority in that nation.” Thomas Jefferson

• cabsf15e 08/04/2010 12:10pm

Rep. Hodes, I sure hope you are in support of HR 3577, the “EARNED” act. As a 27 year veteran of the USAF, including over 150 combat missions over Iraq, I will not vote for anyone who is not in support of this bill. The Post 9/11 GI Bill finally has some utility, versus the poor attempts at Veterans educational benefits in the past. If an individual is 100% qualified for the benefits, such as I am, then they should be able to transfer their benefits to their children. Just because I retired 9 months prior to the arbitrary date of 1 Aug 09, should in no way preclude me from transfering my benefits. As it stands right now, this Bill is very discriminatory and needs to be changed…if an individual is 100% eligible, they should rightfully enjoy all the benefits of the Bill!

Official website: