Sen. Claire McCaskill

Democrat  •  Missouri  •  2nd Term  •  Sworn In 2007
Current Term 2013 - 2019 View All

hunterlady 08/28/2009 4:21pm
in reply to Anonymous Feb 12, 2008 2:09pm

It will be the greatest day for Missouri when we vote you out!! And by the way You are the one Ms McCaskill who forgot what Missouri manners are—you are a traitor to our great state.

Anonymous 02/12/2008 2:09pm

You remind me of Talent. You continue to vote to advance the republican agenda. Thanks for nothing.

wrapper

frosty22 03/25/2010 3:39am

Keep up the great work! You have a tough job balancing the many wants and needs with the limited resources at hand. I am amazed that Missouri is being fiscally responsible and living within our means even though I know how hard it is to make decisions on what services must be cut. Thank you for being there to make those decisions. You are appreciated and you are doing great work.
Thank you!

babyboomer 09/24/2009 5:55pm

My husband is disabled and now you want to vote to cut out some of his benefits. congress should have to be on the health care plan . we are counting the days to vote you out.

timhavens 04/02/2009 5:35am

Please vote Aye for H.R. 1207 – “Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009” It is about time we have an Audit of the Private institution which calls itself ‘The FEDERAL Reserve" don’t you think?

mocadman 03/17/2010 4:41pm
in reply to hunterlady Aug 28, 2009 4:21pm

Totally agree. 2012 will not come soon enough, to vote Big Mama McCaskill out. Looking forward to see “if” the Dems will change their tune after the midterm election or if more of the steamroller legislation movement is planned.

snappy69 04/03/2010 11:49am
in reply to timhavens Apr 02, 2009 5:35am

I’ll second that one Senator! Personally I’d prefer that you introduce an action to ABOLISH the “federal” reserve and simply elect to do what the Constitution stated from the start. Congress should coin and regulate our currency and pay all it’s debts in gold or silver. Short of that, the least you could do is support an audit of the most powerful private entity in our country.

timhavens 03/29/2009 8:30am

…Continued from Previous comment…
Accepting such funds equates to accepting a ‘kick back’ from companies you may have voted bailout, with the Tax Payer Burdening the weight.

This simply is NOT right, and should be made ILLEGAL! It is a CLEAR violation of a conflict of interest. The interest being that of the People whom you represent vs. the need for you to fund your campaigns.

Please return immediately any funds you have received from these organizations, and no not accept anymore at least until the ‘bailed out’ companies have restored the funds they have accepted from “TARP”.

Please also make every effort to encourage legislation in this regard, and please pressure your peers to do the same.

Tim R. Havens

pelmof 06/29/2010 5:18am

Dear Senator McCaskill,

DOUGLASFIELD 04/26/2010 11:44am

DEAR SENATOR,

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS , AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ???
judyvillecco 09/05/2008 7:57pm

we need your help http://www.Diane-and-friends.com

timhavens 03/27/2009 3:12am

If you have the chance to vote on H.J.Res.41 please vote Aye!

Moderated Comment

whispering_eagle 01/16/2008 6:55pm

Dear Senator Claire McCaskill,

My name is Debra G Carter and I live in the small town of Stover, MO. I am also a 100% Service Connected Disable Woman Veteran and have recently been very concerned about the LCpl Maria Lauterbach case in the news. She was the Marine that was murdered because she was raped by a fellow marine. I am also a member of a group of women veterans called VETWOW (www.vetwow.com) and am also a MST survivor. MST stands for Military Sexual Trauma.

From 1971 until 1976, I was enlisted in and served in the US Army and during that time I was raped by my commander and a group of his officer friends. I was unable to find anyone to help me when I reported this situation and was harrassed and persecuted daily by my command and the people in it. I began filing my claim for PTSD in 1976 after being discharged under honorable conditions, but and was turned down many times. I finally received a rating in 2003 for the PTSD and IBS. I have many other medical problems and am also a Ft McClellan veteran who was exposed to chemical contamination while I was in basic training at Ft McClellan, Alabama in 1971-72.

You can then understand that my main concern is for the support of the health care that women veterans receive. Recently it came to my attention that a bill named HR4107 Women Veteran’s Health Care Improvement Act is To amend title 38, United States Code, to expand and improve health care services available to women veterans, especially those serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom, from the Department of Veterans Affairs, and for other purposes. This bill I believe will go a long way in helping other women veterans who are the survivors of MST and will additionally improve all health care for all women veterans, of which I am one.

I urge you to vote to support the passage of this bill for myself and any other women veterans who may benefit from it. If you would like to contact me personally you can call me at my home (573) 377-2061. I would be happy to talk to you one on one to assist in you knowing my experiences and why these things which are often overlooked are extremely important. Thank you for your time and I hope that you will consider my request carefully and whole heartedly.

Sincerely,
Debra G. Carter
US Army Veteran
Other Bill Titles
Official: To amend title 38, United States Code, to expand and improve health care services available to women veterans, especially those serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom, from the Department of Veterans Affairs, and for other purposes. as introduced.
Short: Women Veterans Health Care Improvement Act as introduced.

timhavens 03/29/2009 8:30am

As a citizen of the United States, and a Resident of the State of Missouri, I respectfully DEMAND that you return any fund raising donations to your campaign received from any corporation or company which has received TARP funds “Bailout” monies.

I did not agree with companies like “AIG” issuing contractual bonuses to employees with TARP funds, NOR to I agree with anyone in Congress or the Senate, in fact ANY public official taking a ‘donation’ to their campaign from any company currently being funded by ‘bailout’ monies of ANY kind including “TARP” funds.

If you have recieved monies of this sort from any company or corporation please return 100% of it to the company or corporation IMMEDIATELY!

Please also introduce a BILL in congress which requires the same of all other Elected officials within the United States so that they may NOT ACCEPT donations from such ‘bailed out’ companies or corporations.

See Continued Comment…

timhavens 03/30/2009 3:41am

H.R. 1444 ‘Congressional Commission on Civic Service Act’ Sec 4.b.6

“(6) Whether a workable, fair, and reasonable mandatory service requirement for all able young people could be developed, and how such a requirement could be implemented in a manner that would strengthen the social fabric of the Nation and overcome civic challenges by bringing together people from diverse economic, ethnic, and educational backgrounds.”

Please VOTE TO STRIKE THIS TEXT from H.R. 1444 prior to any further motion on this bill.

Phrost 10/31/2009 7:54am
in reply to DOUGLASFIELD Oct 16, 2009 10:41pm

Just a friendly tip: typing in all caps is not only considered rude (“shouting”), but pretty much nullifies any chance that people will read what you wrote much less give it serious consideration.

It’s the Internet equivalent of standing on a street corner yelling through a garbled megaphone.

Moderated Comment

Star58 07/21/2010 2:20am

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I can now breathe a little easier because of your vote for UI extension. I was so stressed I was becoming ill. My disabled husband thanks you and so does my daughter. You have made it possible to keep a roof over my family’s head until I can find a job. I will remember this in November.

JakeLunn 12/15/2011 4:17pm
in reply to hunterlady Aug 28, 2009 4:21pm

Your ignorance astounds me.

DOUGLASFIELD 02/03/2010 11:50am

SENATOR,

• MANY MORE IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS ARE NOW FINDNG OUT THE TRUTH OTHER THEN SENATOR WEBB AND THOSE OTHERS IN THE NOW… IN CONGRESS

Spam Comment

snappy69 04/03/2010 11:44am
in reply to mocadman Mar 17, 2010 4:41pm

Doesn’t matter if they do change their tune… what matters is that YOU DON’T and that you keep your fellow countrymen fully informed of who works in their and their country’s interest and who does not!

snappy69 04/03/2010 12:04pm

Senator, with the walls of liberty falling down around us, I urge you support a return to a Constitutional government and the rule of law vs. the rule of force. If you would simply support what your common countrymen can see as the simple truth, I believe you would find an outpouring of support that would be unlike any other.

The people are tired, disgusted and deeply saddened at the obvious and blatant tyranny run amuck in the nation’s capitol. You’ve already taken an oath to uphold the Constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic, now all you have to do is overcome the fear and really do it! People will support that.

There will be pain, and certainly some people will not like having to take responsibility for themselves. But, there is no real alternative, what we have now is doomed to fail it’s just a matter of how long it will take? (not long)

Don’t fear not getting re-elected for being a “radical nut job,” the status quo won’t get you re-elected anyway.

DOUGLASFIELD 10/16/2009 10:41pm
  • POORER AMERICAN ACTIVE DUTY U.S. MILITARY AROUND THE WORLD WHO ARE RISKING AND LOSING THEIR LIVES FOR ALL OF US ~ HAVE FAMILIES BACK HOME WHO ARE ALSO DYING WITHOUT HEALTH*CARE *
    ~ PRESIDENT OBAMA AND U.S. SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE OF MAINE BOTH KNOW THAT ANY FUTURE HEALTH
    CARE PLAN FOR OUR NEW AMERICA NEEDS TO ALSO ENCOMPASS ALL FAMILY MEMBERS OF ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY MEMBERS…ANYTHING LESS WOULD BE UN*AMERICAN ~
    JUST MAYBE AMERICA NEEDS A FEW MORE REVOLVING DOORS IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS *
    OUR COUNTRY COULD REALLY USE MANY MORE SINCERE AMERICANS LIKE THIS SPECIAL U.S.SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE FROM MAINE WHO CONSIDERS THIS COUNTRIES 45 MILLION POOR AMERICAN MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN WITHOUT PROPER HEALTH CARE LIKE HER OWN FAMILY AHEAD OF HER ELECTED POLITICAL FAMILY **
    45 MILLION POORER AMERICANS HAVE OBVIOUSLY BEEN TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL WITH THE PEOPLES U.S. SENATOR SNOWE OF MAINE.
    LAWYERS FOR POOR AMERICANS CAN BE FOUND WITH ANY SEARCH ENGINE.
    424-247-2013