Sen. Bob Corker

Republican  •  Tennessee  •  2nd Term  •  Sworn In 2007
Current Term 2013 - 2019 View All

• Anonymous 02/13/2008 11:37am

Those who vote for unconstitutional warrentless wiretaps and vote to protect the criminals that violate our privacy are not worthy of the position they hold. It’s impossible to justify undermining the very essence of our constitution in order to protect it. Another sell out.

• sexysarahdawn 06/18/2008 1:57pm

As I sit here typing this, my mind is frantic with worry. I continue to wonder how my family and I will survive the next few months. I have been unemployed since October 2007. My full time job has been looking for employment….just looking takes hours. Thank God for the internet. Who could afford to do it the old fashioned way with gas costs so high.

I have managed to get a few temporary jobs doing odds and end work since that time, piecing it with my unemployment benefits that end this week and we have managed to barely survive. I received my last $188 payment via direct deposit today and I have no more benefits to receive.

We have some food but it will run out soon. We have no equity in our home and cannot sell it, because the market has erased our 20% down payment. We cannot sell our cars because we live in an outlying area with no public transportation and my husband has to have his car to go to work and I need mine to go on the few job interviews where I never get a call back. But you have to try anyway, right? We cannot drive back and forth because gas costs are too high.

We do not live above our means. We tried to do everything society said we should do. We purchased a reasonably priced home and avoided credit card debt as best as we could until we had to start charging the heat, electric, phone, and water bills on my credit card. Now, we will be paying for that during the next 10 years provided I can get a job now, but that looks unlikely. We depleted our savings and retirement plans so no chance of getting income from that. All we had left as extra income was the unemployment benefits that I receive to go with my husband’s income, but now unemployment is gone too.

Please, please, please, pass this bill. Otherwise, my family just like other American families will be homeless. We know we are blessed because at least we will have two cars to sleep in when we are foreclosed upon.

I wonder where we went wrong. We worked and never received any government assistance. As a matter of fact, we helped the government out because some years after paying taxes from each of our two paychecks, you guys decided we had not paid enough. So on April 15th of many of the preceding 30 years, we had to write you nice guys a check for whatever more you wanted to drain from us or the IRS would get us.

Now, we need your help and it just don’t seem like you are there for us like we were for you on those many April 15ths.

Please pass this bill so that we can have some relief from this economy. How anyone can say that this bill is useless is amazing to me. Obviously, they are in the minority of people who are just getting along fine because the majority of us are not!

I want to work, but I cannot find a job. I have a stable work history, excellent references, and a ton of education and certifications but all of that is useless because it means nothing in this job market. The economy is just too bad now and nothing seems to be working in anyone’s favor to make it better.

Of course, we appreciated the economic stimulus checks you guys made a big deal about but even that did not work as we only got $600 instead of the $1200 you promised. Somewhere along the line you came up with “it depends on filing status” though you didn’t say that in the beginning..

If my family and I don’t get this extension, like many other families, we are up the creek without a paddle.

Won’t you help us like we have helped you?

Lisa Douglas Drummonds,Tn

• Anonymous 06/27/2008 6:13am

Thanks! for voting nay on S 3101 (Medicare Competitive Bidding Delay)…lets just turn this country into a socialistic society. Do you realize that by allowing competitive bidding you are making large companies get bigger and shutting down thousands of smaller Durable Medical Equipment companies, thus thousands of jobs have been lost. Medicare recipients have not been educated on this issue and are in for a scare. Thanks again….greed and money= US government!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sexysarahdawn 07/17/2008 2:36am

Why is it taking so long to send out the letters for the emergency unemployment
    extension? Why are we repeatedly being told to wait on letters. Are you all that
    incompetent? It’s not rocket science. People are hungry and can’t pay
    bills. School is about to start and my kids need
    uniforms and shoes. What is the hold up and why can’t we get any real
    answers besides wait on the letters? God forbids, if you all get laid-off and
    run out of money.It seems so ridiculous that there is no uniform system to handle this situation on the federal level. We are all long term unemployed and everyone is in dire need of their Extended Benefits. They know how to standardize the paying of our federal income taxes by April 15th. Why can’t someone come up with a similar way to instruct the UE offices to handle this federally mandated extension? Maybe then you will understand the meaning of emergency.

• G33KChik 01/15/2009 6:57pm

S2433 is a joke…..spending billions in MORE aid overseas to the UN. No….just plain NO.

• Anonymous 02/05/2009 6:08am

Zinni missed the Hillary’s lobby for Peace money. Afghanistan didn’t get it’s Peace Corps Volunteer, so that’s why it’s Iraq. Hilly wants Obama’s Harvard to get the Peace cash and Generals aren’t wanted; a Peace Corps Volunteer is much better for the cash and her retirement at USIP and then off to free Hillary school for federal employees.

It could be the USIA lobby failing at smart power, CSIS and civil society because Hilly don’t like war people. Joe might be in there with Val. They like Holbrooke and Afghanistan money. There is more money in Iraq with the transition from a conflict society to a civil society. Not that these lobby against the military and contractors for cash like Afghanistan. Afghanistan didn’t work out too good cause we want to bomb Pakistan.

• Anonymous 02/05/2009 6:43am

Meetng could hire Zinni:

Backs.

• Anonymous 02/06/2009 10:18am

Hilly’s smart power CSIS wins:

• Anonymous 02/06/2009 7:06pm

So, Hilly is done. It’s the Russians.

• Anonymous 02/07/2009 3:33am

Joe knows it’s Russian too and he’s smarter with his bank:

• Anonymous 02/07/2009 3:37am

Hilly’s CSIS, smart power, civil society/conflict lobby agrees it is Russia not in Latin America like Joe and Hilly:

• ramcclain 03/26/2009 6:07am

Your vote yesterday for HR1388 is a total disgrace to all of your constituents. It is surely doubtful that you even read the bill, as I don’t know how any freedom loving American could go along with this nonsense.

I did think you were different from the other politicians, but think you are the same: self-serving and out of touch with your voters. I will do everything in my power to make sure that you are not re-elected when that time comes.

A very angry and disappointed constituent.

• JDSLMurphy 04/20/2009 2:33pm

Dear Sir, I have been tracking the process of Bills that have been introduced and found something rather interesting. On January 6,09 a Bill was introduced titled ‘S.10:Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2009’. The Sponsor of the bill was Harry Reid (D-NV) & had 15 co-Sponsors, all Democrats. Why is it that the Bill was just Introduced and nothing has happened with it? The Bill as I read it should have been passed by every member of Congress regardless of party affiliation. In effect the Bill states that Congress & the President should exercise responsibility when passing laws & spending OUR tax payer dollars. Our Nation is in a debt so deep that it will take generations to pay off the interest alone. I must restrict my spending to live. Why is it that members of Congress seem to think that the Federal bank account has unlimited funding? I would like to see you work to get this bill passed & set an example for responsible spending.

• braveeagle 07/22/2009 4:06pm

I have searched to see your position Senator Corker on the Health Care bill that is on it’s way. Please, please, please vote no. Health Care needs reform, but we do not need “Government” run health care. Please find what can be fixed and work towards that. Thank you.

Joe37138 12/18/2009 8:57pm

I don’t see anybody on medicare or medicaid ,VA.or Tenncare, that opposes government plans wanting to give up THEIR PUBLIC OPTION. Pay attention to whats going on. The bills have to be paid, so either we all pay it or just a few pay it. If you have health insurance today, A great portion of the cost of your insurance is because you are footing the bill for all of those who don’t have insurance or have crappy Walmart Insurance. GET REAL

• AngelXOXO 08/30/2009 8:11am

PLEASE PUSH TO PASS UI EXTENTION NOW – SEPT IS CUT OFF FOR MANY AMERICANS!!
    THIS CANT WAIT A MONTH OR TWO OR BE STALLED IN RED TAPE OR LEFT FOR ‘LATER’.
    PERSONALLY,(LIKE MANY) I HAVE ALREADY LOST EVERYTHING AND HAVE ONLY UI TO SURVIVE, BUT IT EXPIRES IN ONE WEEK.. ONE CHECK LEFT THEN I HAVE ZERO INCOME. I/WE NEED HELP NOW. PLEASE PLEASE PASS 4TH EXTENTION AS THE TOP GOV PRIORITY FOR AMERICANS. TODAY, NOW, MAKE THE CALL. PLEASE INTERVENE. PLEASE UPDATE AMERICANS ON WHAT WE CAN EXPECT AS WE NEED INFORMATION, AND WE NEED 4TH EXTENTION HELP NOW PLEASE.

• DOUGLASFIELD 10/16/2009 11:12pm
    • POORER AMERICAN ACTIVE DUTY U.S. MILITARY AROUND THE WORLD WHO ARE RISKING AND LOSING THEIR LIVES FOR ALL OF US ~ HAVE FAMILIES BACK HOME WHO ARE ALSO DYING WITHOUT HEALTH*CARE *
      ~ PRESIDENT OBAMA AND U.S. SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE OF MAINE BOTH KNOW THAT ANY FUTURE HEALTH
      CARE PLAN FOR OUR NEW AMERICA NEEDS TO ALSO ENCOMPASS ALL FAMILY MEMBERS OF ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY MEMBERS…ANYTHING LESS WOULD BE UN*AMERICAN ~
      JUST MAYBE AMERICA NEEDS A FEW MORE REVOLVING DOORS IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS *
      OUR COUNTRY COULD REALLY USE MANY MORE SINCERE AMERICANS LIKE THIS SPECIAL U.S.SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE FROM MAINE WHO CONSIDERS THIS COUNTRIES 45 MILLION POOR AMERICAN MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN WITHOUT PROPER HEALTH CARE LIKE HER OWN FAMILY AHEAD OF HER ELECTED POLITICAL FAMILY **
      45 MILLION POORER AMERICANS HAVE OBVIOUSLY BEEN TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL WITH THE PEOPLES U.S. SENATOR SNOWE OF MAINE.
      LAWYERS FOR POOR AMERICANS CAN BE FOUND WITH ANY SEARCH ENGINE.
      424-247-2013
  • DOUGLASFIELD 02/03/2010 12:48pm

SENATOR,

• MANY MORE IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS ARE NOW FINDNG OUT THE TRUTH OTHER THEN SENATOR WEBB AND THOSE OTHERS IN THE NOW… IN CONGRESS
  • itnupe10 03/14/2010 4:14pm

Thomas Jefferson once said: It is to me a new and consolatory proof that wherever the people are well-informed they can be trusted with their own government; that whenever things get so far wrong as to attract their notice, they may be relied on to set them to rights.
    The Mass Deregulation of the Mass Communication is the end of Democracy..
    How does it affect US?

• DOUGLASFIELD 04/26/2010 12:05pm

DEAR SENATOR,

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS , AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ???
  • Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Revolution 06/28/2010 7:28pm

You are a disgrace to your country and should be embarrassed to have the UNITED STATES in front of your title.4th of July is upon us-it reminds us of history and how the people can come together to make a difference.I hope you and your family meet the same outcome as the 15,000,000+ unemployed.You turned your back on the Citizens by playing games and stupid antics.Assistance needs to be offered to ease the minds of the families and allow continued dignity no matter the cost. You spend OUR money like water and the American people MUST and SHOULD be priority one!
    “As good government is an empire of laws, how shall your laws be made? In a large society,inhabiting an extensive country,it is impossible that the whole should assemble to make laws. The first necessary step, then,is to depute power from the many to a few of the most wise and good.”
    John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776
    Obviously we dont have the few wise and good in the senate-but we have the power to change that.

• purplelilac3084 06/29/2010 5:26am

pelmof 06/29/2010 6:46am

purplelilac3084: You did not write this text—I did. I’m placing it in every senator’s comments. This is the 6th time I have run across your post, using my text. Please stop doing this. It is, actually, plagiarism and copyright infringement.

sharibear 07/07/2010 6:27pm
  • Superpower 12/30/2010 5:37am

You’re a sellout and an EPIC FAILURE. You should retire or better yet, become a Democrat considering you vote like one.

Official website: