Sen. Kay Hagan

Democrat  •  North Carolina  •  1st Term  •  Sworn In 2009

• EWALTER58 02/12/2009 11:44am

BILL H.R.45 THE CHANGE. WE DON’T NEED
    H.R. 45 the new gun control bill written by Senator Bobby Rush from Illinois, they have basically the same system now in Illinois but yet they have some of highest crime rate in the city of Chicago they just don’t get it. IT DOSE NOT WORK. The bill outlaws concealed carry, laws already on the books, protection of your home by having a loaded weapon in your home to protect your family. It has redundant provisions and laws that are already on the books that do not get enforced Our country needs to stop protecting the criminals and those who don’t feel they have to follow the laws of the state or federal government. The people of our nation do not want more gun laws; they want the criminals to know they will be held accountable for the crimes they commit. Is this the change our new President speaks of?
    Edward W Vieth III

Anonymous 02/20/2009 3:14am

If H. R. 45 passes thier will be alot more criminals in the U.S.A..
    We will be over run with new jails every where.
    Moving to Mexco is startin to look good.

walkerusa 03/09/2009 6:28pm

Please move to Mexico as soon as possible and save us all your bailout fee

jgemerson 10/10/2009 9:30am

Go. Go. Our new jails will run over you SOON, SOON. Go on, now. You will like it down there.

keenen 02/01/2011 10:32am

Then you should move to Mexico. Isn’t that what folks said while Bush was president. Find somewhere else to live. You can buy guns there made in America and fight the drug war yourself. Funny how all these guns down there in Mexico haven’t stopped the crime. Crime has its roots in competition that is about destroying others rather than bettering yourself. If anybody wants to really cut crime people would examine their ideologies. Look at the western frontier of America. Most all men carried a 6 shooter and people still robbed banks like it was going out of style.

• Anonymous 02/14/2009 2:26am

Re 2/13/09 “Stimulus pkg”
    Ms Hagan, you and Senator Burr might as well just go home. You cancel each other’s votes. I’m with him; he seems to know more about economics than you do. Voting to fling borrowed money around a massively indebted nation is irresponsible.
    The “average American,” that the president and elected officials are so contemptuous of, might be much smarter than you think. Someday, they will revolt against Congressional and Presidential ignorance.

kythera 02/25/2009 5:55am

No bill is perfect but I am glad to see the stimulus package overall. I’d like to see what you are doing to help towns in Western North Carolina apply for the monies to help infra structures and what federal projects that will generate work, you feel will be coming to this area.

walkerusa 03/09/2009 6:30pm

Senator Hagans’ voting is understandable, she is new and needs to build a base before she is in a position to joining Senator Burr as Senate leaders from NC in fiscal responsibility; cut her a break

ch3shire 04/05/2009 9:40pm

I think your “cut her a break” sounds very much like you’re advocating on-the-job training. I also seem to remember Democrats using a counter-argument to this exact perspective as an attack against Sarah Palin…yet, you’re saying that such a counter-argument should not apply to Senator Hagan because she’s…what? a senator? a democrat?

Now, Senator Hagan was elected by the people of this state to represent North Carolina’s voice in the Senate; however, being only one constituent of many, I have no idea if she’s representing the majority or not. I only know that she is not representing my voice or my perspective, and I have made both known to her. However, to shrug it off as “she’s new and needs to build a base” is reckless logic; this office is not a game and needs to be treated with very serious respect, and not reading bills before voting for them does not exactly scream “respect” to me.

jgemerson 10/10/2009 9:26am

Sarah Palin is an idiot, married to an idiot. Please. Senator Hagen has represented my views as a North Carolinian. Senator Burr has not done as well as she in that regard, but I do respect his loyalty to his party. My only problem with Burr is his propensity to do what he thinks is right for me whether I like it or not. (I do not). He is really not bad for a Republican, not nearly as evil as most of them.

wecandoit86 04/02/2010 1:07pm

Because obviously no money is ever spent while Republicans are in charge, no? I’d rather the government spend money on sick kids, keeping the insurance companies honest, and extending healthcare to people that couldn’t afford it otherwise. Call me a socialist, but I’d like to call myself a human.

Where was all of this rage when Bush threw us in the middle east conflict based on faulty intelligence that he KNEW was ludicrous? Don’t even get me started on the ‘Patriot’ Act.

• robo866 03/10/2009 1:08pm

If this bill passes the only thing that will come of it is to let the criminals know that we are no longer armed and are easy prey. Please vote against this and let me keep my 2nd ammend rights. Licensing and registration are steps towards confication.

jgemerson 10/10/2009 9:34am

Ammend is a verb. If your confication continues, you should eat more raw vegetables.

• robo866 03/10/2009 1:13pm

The stimulas package!!!!! What a joke… Look at the bank bail out and what was done with all that money. Now do you really believe that the Stimulus package will be any different. Everybodys trying to add all the PORK they can. Its getting to the point nobody cares any more about it. We have been lied to by so many for so long no one knows the truth any longer.

• hirize 03/15/2009 5:38pm

Why don’t you move to Russia since you constantly vote for legislation that is nothing short of Marxist, pro-new world order, and are obviously a traitor to this country and it’s citizens. I resent your attempting to do all you can to destroy the our country by destroying our economy just to hand our country over to the international banker thieves who want to enslave our future generations. I am a constituent and I will do all that I can to remove your communist carcass from office next election, if our Country survives until then with traitors and/or morons (whichever the case if not both) like you sitting in the Senate. You are truly a disgrace!

PS…the next time you get ready to cast that vote of yours just ask yourself where you expect to spend eternity, smoking or non smoking?

• JoanBottcher 03/24/2009 5:48am

Did you read this socialist bill telling us how, when and where we can volunteer. This is Germany in the making. Tell me if your read this bill full (H111-1388), then ask yourself WHY you would have put this expense on the taxpayers to pay for this socialistic bill. Government should not be in the business of telling its people what to do, we are to tell you what to do as our elected representative and this is a bad vote on your part and on the parts of all those that voted for this bill.

geodazed 08/19/2009 2:51am

I just read HR-1388 at your suggestion and did not see anything resembling your rant. I guess you think anyone serving this country is a socialist.

• wags100 04/03/2009 5:12am

Please look at the state of Michigan and how the governor there has run that state into the ground. President Obama apparently has not noticed because he seems to be leading our nation on the same path to NO JOBS AND BECOMING COMPLETELY BROKE WITH DEBT OUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO REPAY! The system is broken! Why in God’s name would you vote for his budget? You are supposed to be representing your constituents voices and I can assure you that the way you have voted since taking office has in no way represented us in the state of NC! Instead of being a follower, please do what is in the best interest of your constituents. If that means voting against the Democratic party, then by all means do so. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid are leading this country down a path that will fail. If you want to have your name attached to this failure and go down in history as contributing to that failure, keep voting the way you’ve been voting and legislate our rights away!

• kythera 04/23/2009 1:17pm

Time To Put The Brakes On The Cybersecurity Act
    by
    Jason Lee Miller

Please read: http://www.securitypronews.com/insiderreports/insider/spn-49-20090423TimeToPutTheBrakesOnTheCybersecurityAct.html#resume

I think it says it all, if this legislation is considered, PLEASE vote NO!

• mattspost45 05/06/2009 6:43am

SENATOR HAGAN: WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE FOR YOU TO SUPPORT S. 484. PEOPLE ARE HURTING. THANK YOU

• patrickdsnyder 06/23/2009 8:07am

I want to voice my opposition to H.R.45 Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009. When one amendment of the Constitution can be legislated away, then all of them are subject to the same treatment. I see this bill as an underhanded attack on my rights guaranteed by the constitution. All this bill will do is empower criminals while it limits the ability of honest citizens to protect themselves and enjoy hunting and target shooting. The end result will be a whole new class of criminals, who the day before were law abiding citizens. The criminals themselves won’t be deterred in the least.

• fireman6533 09/30/2009 6:29am

do these people really think about what this bill will do. I work with these criminals every day they will keep getting there guns no matter what stipulations the government puts on the rest of us. We will all have to get our guns off the l=black market at this rate to protect ourselves from the government

• Spam Comment

• sail 11/08/2009 7:35am

Senator Hagan—-who is paying for all your health care TV spots in NC? Wow, every time I turn on the TV, there you are again. I thought NC had a “Do Not Call Registry Law” that forbids bias solicitation.

themarshall5 11/20/2009 2:53am

Has (recent) history not taught us anything? Take a peek at the countries that have government run healthcare… People are dying in LINE waiting for tests.

I know that it is tempting to lob our problems onto the government who will gladly try and solve them, but as our founders knew, an expanded role of government is NOT a good thing.

PLEASE VOTE NO on Harry Reid’s Healthcare Bill.

• angietwo 12/19/2009 3:26pm

Kay Hagan vote against the Reid/Pelosi/Obama holy trinity?? I think not! She votes for her party because she cares more for her party, herself and the holy trinity listed above, than she does the people of NC. When is her term up?

• Spam Comment