Sen. Kay Hagan

Democrat  •  North Carolina  •  1st Term  •  Sworn In 2009

keenen 02/01/2011 10:32am
in reply to Anonymous Feb 20, 2009 3:14am

Then you should move to Mexico. Isn’t that what folks said while Bush was president. Find somewhere else to live. You can buy guns there made in America and fight the drug war yourself. Funny how all these guns down there in Mexico haven’t stopped the crime. Crime has its roots in competition that is about destroying others rather than bettering yourself. If anybody wants to really cut crime people would examine their ideologies. Look at the western frontier of America. Most all men carried a 6 shooter and people still robbed banks like it was going out of style.

Mocha6 12/18/2010 6:20pm

Thanks for nothing…..why vote no on the dream act. Hope you are a native American because if not, your just cold hearted.

Spam Comment

pelmof 06/29/2010 5:37am

Dear Senator Hagan,

Moderated Comment

riggy001 05/19/2010 6:34pm

Hagan is just a hack for the Democrat party. She will not hear from her constituents. She has an auto-reply email about “I appreciate hearing your opinion on this matter…” whatever. I always cut-and-paste the content of her auto-response and send it back to he via hagan.senate.gov. I usually quit the loop after 5. This bitch has no more intention of listening to us than a raccoon intends to listen to a lawyer’s cell-phone conversation.

DOUGLASFIELD 04/26/2010 12:16pm

DEAR SENATOR,

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS , AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ???
wecandoit86 04/02/2010 1:07pm
in reply to Anonymous Feb 14, 2009 2:26am

Because obviously no money is ever spent while Republicans are in charge, no? I’d rather the government spend money on sick kids, keeping the insurance companies honest, and extending healthcare to people that couldn’t afford it otherwise. Call me a socialist, but I’d like to call myself a human.

Where was all of this rage when Bush threw us in the middle east conflict based on faulty intelligence that he KNEW was ludicrous? Don’t even get me started on the ‘Patriot’ Act.

Anonymous 02/23/2010 2:42pm

Anonymous 02/21/2010 4:31am

Spam Comment

angietwo 12/19/2009 3:26pm

Kay Hagan vote against the Reid/Pelosi/Obama holy trinity?? I think not! She votes for her party because she cares more for her party, herself and the holy trinity listed above, than she does the people of NC. When is her term up?

themarshall5 11/20/2009 2:53am
in reply to sail Nov 08, 2009 7:35am

Has (recent) history not taught us anything? Take a peek at the countries that have government run healthcare… People are dying in LINE waiting for tests.

I know that it is tempting to lob our problems onto the government who will gladly try and solve them, but as our founders knew, an expanded role of government is NOT a good thing.

PLEASE VOTE NO on Harry Reid’s Healthcare Bill.

sail 11/08/2009 7:35am

Senator Hagan—-who is paying for all your health care TV spots in NC? Wow, every time I turn on the TV, there you are again. I thought NC had a “Do Not Call Registry Law” that forbids bias solicitation.

DOUGLASFIELD 10/16/2009 11:01pm
  • POORER AMERICAN ACTIVE DUTY U.S. MILITARY AROUND THE WORLD WHO ARE RISKING AND LOSING THEIR LIVES FOR ALL OF US ~ HAVE FAMILIES BACK HOME WHO ARE ALSO DYING WITHOUT HEALTH*CARE *
    ~ PRESIDENT OBAMA AND U.S. SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE OF MAINE BOTH KNOW THAT ANY FUTURE HEALTH
    CARE PLAN FOR OUR NEW AMERICA NEEDS TO ALSO ENCOMPASS ALL FAMILY MEMBERS OF ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY MEMBERS…ANYTHING LESS WOULD BE UN*AMERICAN ~
    JUST MAYBE AMERICA NEEDS A FEW MORE REVOLVING DOORS IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS *
    OUR COUNTRY COULD REALLY USE MANY MORE SINCERE AMERICANS LIKE THIS SPECIAL U.S.SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE FROM MAINE WHO CONSIDERS THIS COUNTRIES 45 MILLION POOR AMERICAN MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN WITHOUT PROPER HEALTH CARE LIKE HER OWN FAMILY AHEAD OF HER ELECTED POLITICAL FAMILY **
    45 MILLION POORER AMERICANS HAVE OBVIOUSLY BEEN TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL WITH THE PEOPLES U.S. SENATOR SNOWE OF MAINE.
    LAWYERS FOR POOR AMERICANS CAN BE FOUND WITH ANY SEARCH ENGINE.
    424-247-2013
jgemerson 10/10/2009 9:34am
in reply to robo866 Mar 10, 2009 1:08pm

Ammend is a verb. If your confication continues, you should eat more raw vegetables.

jgemerson 10/10/2009 9:30am
in reply to walkerusa Mar 09, 2009 6:28pm

Go. Go. Our new jails will run over you SOON, SOON. Go on, now. You will like it down there.

jgemerson 10/10/2009 9:26am
in reply to ch3shire Apr 05, 2009 9:40pm

Sarah Palin is an idiot, married to an idiot. Please. Senator Hagen has represented my views as a North Carolinian. Senator Burr has not done as well as she in that regard, but I do respect his loyalty to his party. My only problem with Burr is his propensity to do what he thinks is right for me whether I like it or not. (I do not). He is really not bad for a Republican, not nearly as evil as most of them.

fireman6533 09/30/2009 6:29am

do these people really think about what this bill will do. I work with these criminals every day they will keep getting there guns no matter what stipulations the government puts on the rest of us. We will all have to get our guns off the l=black market at this rate to protect ourselves from the government

geodazed 08/19/2009 2:51am
in reply to JoanBottcher Mar 24, 2009 5:48am

I just read HR-1388 at your suggestion and did not see anything resembling your rant. I guess you think anyone serving this country is a socialist.

patrickdsnyder 06/23/2009 8:07am

I want to voice my opposition to H.R.45 Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009. When one amendment of the Constitution can be legislated away, then all of them are subject to the same treatment. I see this bill as an underhanded attack on my rights guaranteed by the constitution. All this bill will do is empower criminals while it limits the ability of honest citizens to protect themselves and enjoy hunting and target shooting. The end result will be a whole new class of criminals, who the day before were law abiding citizens. The criminals themselves won’t be deterred in the least.

mattspost45 05/06/2009 6:43am

SENATOR HAGAN: WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE FOR YOU TO SUPPORT S. 484. PEOPLE ARE HURTING. THANK YOU

kythera 04/23/2009 1:17pm

Time To Put The Brakes On The Cybersecurity Act
by
Jason Lee Miller

Please read: http://www.securitypronews.com/insiderreports/insider/spn-49-20090423TimeToPutTheBrakesOnTheCybersecurityAct.html#resume

I think it says it all, if this legislation is considered, PLEASE vote NO!

ch3shire 04/05/2009 9:40pm
in reply to walkerusa Mar 09, 2009 6:30pm

I think your “cut her a break” sounds very much like you’re advocating on-the-job training. I also seem to remember Democrats using a counter-argument to this exact perspective as an attack against Sarah Palin…yet, you’re saying that such a counter-argument should not apply to Senator Hagan because she’s…what? a senator? a democrat?

Now, Senator Hagan was elected by the people of this state to represent North Carolina’s voice in the Senate; however, being only one constituent of many, I have no idea if she’s representing the majority or not. I only know that she is not representing my voice or my perspective, and I have made both known to her. However, to shrug it off as “she’s new and needs to build a base” is reckless logic; this office is not a game and needs to be treated with very serious respect, and not reading bills before voting for them does not exactly scream “respect” to me.

wags100 04/03/2009 5:12am

Please look at the state of Michigan and how the governor there has run that state into the ground. President Obama apparently has not noticed because he seems to be leading our nation on the same path to NO JOBS AND BECOMING COMPLETELY BROKE WITH DEBT OUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO REPAY! The system is broken! Why in God’s name would you vote for his budget? You are supposed to be representing your constituents voices and I can assure you that the way you have voted since taking office has in no way represented us in the state of NC! Instead of being a follower, please do what is in the best interest of your constituents. If that means voting against the Democratic party, then by all means do so. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid are leading this country down a path that will fail. If you want to have your name attached to this failure and go down in history as contributing to that failure, keep voting the way you’ve been voting and legislate our rights away!

JoanBottcher 03/24/2009 5:48am

Did you read this socialist bill telling us how, when and where we can volunteer. This is Germany in the making. Tell me if your read this bill full (H111-1388), then ask yourself WHY you would have put this expense on the taxpayers to pay for this socialistic bill. Government should not be in the business of telling its people what to do, we are to tell you what to do as our elected representative and this is a bad vote on your part and on the parts of all those that voted for this bill.

hirize 03/15/2009 5:38pm

Why don’t you move to Russia since you constantly vote for legislation that is nothing short of Marxist, pro-new world order, and are obviously a traitor to this country and it’s citizens. I resent your attempting to do all you can to destroy the our country by destroying our economy just to hand our country over to the international banker thieves who want to enslave our future generations. I am a constituent and I will do all that I can to remove your communist carcass from office next election, if our Country survives until then with traitors and/or morons (whichever the case if not both) like you sitting in the Senate. You are truly a disgrace!

PS…the next time you get ready to cast that vote of yours just ask yourself where you expect to spend eternity, smoking or non smoking?

robo866 03/10/2009 1:13pm

The stimulas package!!!!! What a joke… Look at the bank bail out and what was done with all that money. Now do you really believe that the Stimulus package will be any different. Everybodys trying to add all the PORK they can. Its getting to the point nobody cares any more about it. We have been lied to by so many for so long no one knows the truth any longer.

robo866 03/10/2009 1:08pm

If this bill passes the only thing that will come of it is to let the criminals know that we are no longer armed and are easy prey. Please vote against this and let me keep my 2nd ammend rights. Licensing and registration are steps towards confication.

walkerusa 03/09/2009 6:30pm
in reply to Anonymous Feb 14, 2009 2:26am

Senator Hagans’ voting is understandable, she is new and needs to build a base before she is in a position to joining Senator Burr as Senate leaders from NC in fiscal responsibility; cut her a break

Official website: