Sen. Michael Bennet

Democrat  •  Colorado  •  2nd Term  •  Sworn In 2009
Current Term 2011 - 2017 View All

• Anonymous 02/06/2009 10:19am

Not what we want from our Senator(s), a no vote to eliminate unnessecary spending. Your visit to Washington, D. C. will be short . . .

dogbob 04/01/2010 3:57pm

Senator Bennet, I write to you almost weekly on various topics. I always try to be to the point and avoid posturing. The caucus schedule is past, County Assembly is just ahead, then comes the battle that you have lost before the calender clicks. I am an active registered Republican who votes issues and strives to ellect representatives of the People. AHHH HAAA!! SURPRISE!!! My wife is an active registered Democrat. You can’t get my vote in primary or State Assembly AND you will not get my wife’s either!!!! Past is the name you deserve.
    dogbob

• Anonymous 02/08/2009 8:35am

hr45 is a very poor choice!making law abiding citizens adhere to this oppressive piece red tape does nothing about the real problems.like all the armed illegals,they wont follow the rules anyhow.nor will any other criminals.gun accidents are caused by carelessness not guns .criminals all over the country are celebrating liberal value in the government.because they know they wont lose anything due to hr45! only good law abiding citizens will be affected. no one in america expects to have a violentcrime committed against them just as no one expects to be in an auto accident. but congress mandates air bags, seatbelts,childseats, crunchzones,etc! id like to suggest a little like thinking when it comes to good citizens being prepared to protect themselves.after all its common knowledge calling 911 will only alert the police where to look for the dead bodies,not protect the caller.firearm education is the most important issue,so that stupid accidents dont happen. more regulation that only applies to good citizens is not the answer…it just doesnt work on the real problem. it also belies the buzzword of the new administration. this is way not change we can believe in , its more of the same inneffective policies. what a shame that people in our country have to submit to policies that apply to illegal immigrants,and other criminal.why dont our representatives really do some work on real change.it must be to hard or politically incorrect. state governments are going broke…passing out ious!seriousley people ,gun control is top on the list? this came out jan 6 2009. if this is the case then the country is upside down. what the country needs is a little more control of the lawmakers and their priorities. thank you

• sonray_99 02/09/2009 7:10pm

I was shocked when I was told this legislation was brought to the house. This is totally against everything this great country of ours was founded on. Our fathers, brothers, sons, etc. died to defend these rights and now we are simply letting them be taken away from us, most without even a fight. I agree with what people are saying in the comments, the only ones that will be affected by this are the law abiding people, the criminals will not care if a new law is added to the books, they don’t follow the one that are there now, so are we so naive to think that they will follow this one!?!?! I thought the elected officials were to vote according the wishes of the people they are representing, who in their right mind would take our defense and put it in the hands of criminals, the ones causing the pain. You need to wake up Washington and people of this great land we live in. The only way this will be defeated is if/when we start letting our voices be heard. I just hope it is not too late!!!!

Dougs300KTM 03/23/2009 10:47am

I agree. More and more this country is changing for the worse. The safety police need to go away.

• Anonymous 02/10/2009 7:41am

Michael,

You just voted to destroy America. Voting to bring it to the state of a third-world country and other failed socialist governments. I am not sure which will end first; the USA or your tenure as a Senator. Hopefully the latter.
  • Flashbangman 02/18/2009 3:15pm

Senator I sincerely hope your intentions are not to remain ignorant while your buttocks sits in that honorable Senates Chair. Bill H.R.45 will split the fabic of this great Country into a Civil War should it come to pass. Your vote as well as the ignorance of the Senator that brought the bill forward and is sponsoring it, is beyond Americans belief. I do not know you nor have I read anything about you but, I can state with out a doubt your next attempt at being a Senator will fail. You will be remembered as a defeatest of American Freedom and Rights. WE THE PEOPLE OF COLORADO will rally against you at the next election in such a voice that no one could hear over to listen to your rattling garbage that you represented us welll in Senate should you help vote this bill in favor there of.
    Scott Williams
    Denver, Colorado

• MrJones 02/26/2009 2:00pm

How dare the Senate take up rapid consideration of an amendment by Senator Durbin that could hinder free speech in America! I want Senator Michael Bennet to vote AGAINST the DURBIN Amendment and against the Fairness Doctrine. Please ask Senator Michael Bennet to vote FOR Senator DeMint’s amendment instead, which would protect free speech in America!"

The supporters of illegal immigration and AMNESTY are supporting this sneak attack on free speech to try and prevent debate before they try to push Amnesty again soon.

• Anonymous 02/27/2009 3:07pm

HR45 is un-American. We have the right to bear arms. How far will you go, Senator, from the heart of the American people? A vote for this bill will be LONG remembered. The American people will be watching those who try to push this through (like thieves in the night!).

• 2milehigh 03/03/2009 4:45am

The silent majority is about to become very vocal when it comes to HR45. The rights of Americans are being taken away slow but sure by academic ideologues that try force equality in America rather than the intended “equal opportunity”. If Illinois has a gun problem, maybe it’s time their corrupt system starts doing for the people of the state, instead self enrichment. I’m keeping my guns and I’m not registering them! Vote no on HR45 or I vote no next election!
    Terry A
    Grand Lake, CO

• theleftwingconservative 03/05/2009 4:28pm

I’ll be posting this here as well as in an email to each of my Representatives on the OFFICIAL Congress website because this issue NEEDS our attention….

Dear Sen. Bennet….

There is a Bill which has been sitting on the proverbial & political “back burner” for FAR too long & now UNLESS YOU ACT to change things, the body known as the Copyright Arbitration Royalty Panel (Named afterwards as CARP) may well rule that the Internet Radio medium MUST pay WELL OVER 100% of royalties paid to SoundExchange while Terrestrial & Satellite Radio are able to make do with the SWEETHEART deals which allow them to pay roughly a mere 10% of royalties FOR THE SAME WORKS.

This Bill awaiting the approval of you & your colleagues is called the “Internet Radio Equality Act”. You can find our more about it at http://www.savenetradio.org/

• theleftwingconservative 03/05/2009 4:30pm

Passage of this bill is CRITICAL TO THE SURVIVAL of the medium. with the economy the way it is now, I don’t think I need to tell you what this has been doing to people SUCH AS MYSELF trying to make Internet Radio a profitable & viable venture & resource for those wanting to make money off of it as well as for those of us hobby enthusiats who simply want to use the medium as a means of EXCERCISING OUR RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH.

That is a right which the music industry wants to TAKE AWAY FROM US COMPLETELY if they can’t gain control of the medium.

I happen to fall into the category of “hobby enthusiast” who simply wants to have the medium at my disposal to excercise my right to Free Speech. But if the music industry has its way, I won’t have this option.

True, I could podcast my shows, but I ask you – WHERE IS THE INTERACTIVITY IN THAT??

• theleftwingconservative 03/05/2009 4:31pm

Senator, I do hope you consider passing this bill and saying a resounding “NO” to ANYTHING which SoundExchange may try to pass off as being “Good” for the people when in fact THE ONLY people that stand to benefit in ANY way IS THEM.

In closing, while such issues as the ecomony are FAR more important, issues such as the Internet Radio Equality Act (H.R. 2060 for your reference BTW), if left on the shelf, can also have an impact on the economy as well (Albeit a TINY one, but let’s fact it, in these HARD times, ANYTHING could start an economic spiral downturn).

As I said before, THE ONLY people who stand to benefit from the defeat of this bill are THE BIG RECORD LABELS. Yes, THE SAME big record labels who are suing 9 year old children & 90 year old grandmothers as they persist in ANNOYING JUDGES & ABUSING OUR ALREADY OVER-BURDENED COURT SYSTEM.

Now I ask you Mr. Udall – WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THAT????

Think about that as you consider the passage of this Bill

• theleftwingconservative 03/05/2009 4:32pm

Now I ask you Mr. Bennet – WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THAT????

Think about that as you consider the passage of this Bill

• rodney 03/09/2009 8:48am

vote NO on HR45. country was founded on freedom to bear arms (along with others) UNCONSTITUTIONAL! ridiculous requirements. i will not comply, as many americans wont either! burden court system further?!

guns are not the problem! i wont use all the cliches that ring true but you know them…

• sdennison 03/22/2009 11:28am

Senator Bennett:

Of great concern to me is HR 875, which will severely restrict the small locally-owned farm and ranch owners/operators. Most of them take their products to local farmers markets. Frankly, I feel safer buying from them (mainly because I am personally acquainted with most of them) than I do buying at the grocery stores, especially the chain stores. These locally-grown products are better quality, don’t have all the chemicals and growth-hormones and antibiotics in them that the huge commercial farms and ranches use.

It is on a par with the NAIS, as far as I am concerned. These bills are put together by people who don’t know or understand the small farm or home gardening.

I would ask that, as the person we have trusted to speak on our behalf, you would take a close look at the language of both the NAIS and HB 875, and consider voting a resounding “NO” on both of them.

Thank you.

• Beachman 08/06/2009 11:41am

Senator Bennett:

Cash for Clunkers I was a horrible mistake. Cash for Clunkers II and it’s 2 billion dollar price tag will be an even bigger mistake! Congress cannot keep asking the FED to print up more worthless paper money to cover all these giveaways and social programs (ie, government run healthcare) without further eroding the value of the dollar. Congress needs to get back to laissez-faire, and let the market correct itself. Stop devaluing the dollar by printing more money otherwise the dollar I have in my pocket today will only be worth a dime tomorrow.

Thank you.

• Beachman 08/06/2009 12:11pm

HR45 which will be voted on September 8th is about as American as Borsht! I encourage Senator Bennett to vote no on this bill. Disarming Americans and banning guns only hurt law abiding citizens. If this bill passes most Americans will have to choose between surrendering their guns or becoming criminals themselves. As for me, if you force me to choose I will become a criminal. I will not give up my 2A rights for anyone. Thomas Jefferson said that the tree of liberty has to be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants from time to time. That time is approaching rather quickly. September 8th to be exact. It’s time for Senator Bennett to decide which side he’s on.

• Spam Comment

• fortermlimits 11/24/2009 7:37pm

Voted for Cloture to proceed HR 3590 I see, well just wait until 2010 and see how we vote. This country can’t continue spending money in this manner.

• JAYDUBTECH 11/25/2009 12:53am

LETS ACT LIKE REAL AMERICANS AND UNDERSTAND ONE THING; LETS GET IT STRAIGHT ABOUT THIS SO-CALLED “ARGUMENT” ABOUT FIGHTING THIS HEALTHCARE BILL…

FIRST, THERE IS NO “MONEY” THAT IS BEING SPENT. “LEGAL TENDER”, OR “FEDERAL RESERVE NOTE” WOULD BE MORE CLOSER TO WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

ALL FEDERAL RESERVE NOTES ARE BACKED BY OUR LABOR. BECAUSE OF H.R. 192, IT IS AGAINST PUBLIC POLICY TO USE WHAT IS TERMED “MONEY” (SILVER AND/OR GOLD) TO PAY ANY OF OUR REAL DEBT. DON’T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT; READ THE TEXT FOR YOURSELF…

WITH THAT BEING SAID, UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING IS A SHIFT IN THE DIRECTION OF OUR LABOR; AWAY FROM THOSE INTERESTS THAT ARE NOT HELPING SOME AMERICANS FROM BEING ABLE TO “BARTER” FOR THEIR RIGHT TO ADEQUATE HEALTH CARE.

LETS KILL THE “ITS TOO EXPENSIVE” ARGUMENT. THERE IS NO “MONEY”; WE HAVEN’T SEEN OR SPENT ANY “MONEY” SINCE THE 1970’S UNDER NIXON…

EVERY AMERICAN DESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADEQUATE HEALTHCARE. END OF CLASS…

quick1shot 03/18/2010 4:44pm

NOW RETIRE AND WRITE YOUR MEMOIRS

• quick1shot 03/23/2010 7:26pm

3 word for you
    BYE BYE BENNET
    kewl now
    “BBB”
    means a lot of different things like
    “BYE BYE BETSEY "
    “BETTER mind to the peoples BUSINESS B****”

see ya dude
    you gave it a helluva run
    but now dog catchers will shun you
    but buck up you can come by my house and take out my trash
    hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaha
    street sweeper is to good of a job for you
    so young to fall on the obama sword
    when i was growing up we had a word for you
    “CHUMP”
    hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahaha

• dogbob 04/01/2010 4:03pm

AS FOR BENNET … in State Democratic Assembly … All who are selected to represent the people from the grass roots … Let each blade of grass say NO TO BENNET!!!
    dogbob

• DOUGLASFIELD 04/26/2010 11:11am

DEAR SENATOR,

~ SHOULD POORER AMERICANS HAVE FAITH THAT OUR U.S. SUPREME COURT AND OUR U.S.CONGRESS ARE BOTH WELL AWARE THAT AMERICAN PESTIGE INTERNATIONALLY IS VERY MUCH BASED ON HOW WELL WE TREAT OUR OWN CITIZENS~

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS , AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ???
  • Spam Comment