Sen. Michael Bennet

Democrat  •  Colorado  •  2nd Term  •  Sworn In 2009
Current Term 2011 - 2017 View All

Paurian 01/12/2012 12:49pm

Wait a minute … you SUPPORT corporate censorship and abuse? I guess if I got over a million dollars from lobbyists I’d support SOPA, too. (http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h3261/money)

Please don’t embarrass our state… do your research and retract your support for this heinous bill.

invient 01/14/2011 6:10am

Now that I am done dreaming…

If it can be done, gun control should be increased, regardless of whether criminals will follow them or not…

Laser etching bullets with ID’s… make guns non-transferable through any means (the gun is tied to the person, and if someone else possesses it, then that person goes to prison and the owner gets a fine (disincentive for selling and ‘misplacing’ it)… re-enact the 2004 ban on semi-automatic and extended ammunition weapons… and force gun makers to tie the gun through finger print technology to the owner, so it can only be used by the owner…

eventually the market will get replaced with these guns and it will be harder for a criminal to get a hold of one that works for them…

invient 01/14/2011 6:02am

Senator Bennet, let the republicans repeal the healthcare act, then enact FDR’s second bill of rights… following that, eliminate all taxes and instate an 100% estate tax on all non necessities (food,water,shelter,health, and transportation), make generational knowledge the only way to have generational wealth, stop the wealthy from gaming the system… make all political campaigns run off of the public purse, set a set and equal amount for each candidate and make it treason to accept funds from anyone/group/corporation.

Also, legalize the cannabis plant under GRAS, and allow us to make biodegradable plastics, food, fiber based products, and a widely available cheap medicine to fight cancer (http://mcr.aacrjournals.org/content/4/8/549.abstract) … we will need to start planning for peak oil as it is predicted to happen between 2010-2025, and alternatives will need to be found, cannabis is part of that solution, but only if we allow the industry to grow.

dankarlo 12/16/2010 5:48am

Mr. Bennett,

STOP THE SPENDING !!! You are driving our nation and State right off a financial cliff. You need to become part of the solution; not part of the problem. Please mend your ways and focus on job creation for Coloradans in lieu of focusing on how much you can overspend the taxpayers $$$s.

dankarlo 12/16/2010 5:48am

Mr. Bennett,

icandootravel 12/07/2010 12:28pm

On this current Tax Break Extension issue for earnings over $250K per year, please make it simple. You have the easiest hand to play on this. Pass the tax break for all income below $250K per year, and leave the Republicans pressing for extensions to the richest Americans without “Paying for it”. Republicans have been saying that all bills should be paid for with off set spending cuts, but they have not made any such cuts known regarding their desire for the richest of the rich to get richer. MAKE IT SIMPLE, you guys can look like champions of the American people. Let them look like the greedy, disconnected elitests that they are. Have half a brain, conscious, and soul all in one small step. In God WE Pray,…

sharibear 07/07/2010 4:53pm
in reply to pelmof Jun 29, 2010 4:03am
pelmof 06/29/2010 4:03am

Dear Senator Bennet,

Spam Comment

DOUGLASFIELD 04/26/2010 11:11am

DEAR SENATOR,

~ SHOULD POORER AMERICANS HAVE FAITH THAT OUR U.S. SUPREME COURT AND OUR U.S.CONGRESS ARE BOTH WELL AWARE THAT AMERICAN PESTIGE INTERNATIONALLY IS VERY MUCH BASED ON HOW WELL WE TREAT OUR OWN CITIZENS~

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS , AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ???
dogbob 04/01/2010 4:03pm

AS FOR BENNET … in State Democratic Assembly … All who are selected to represent the people from the grass roots … Let each blade of grass say NO TO BENNET!!!
dogbob

dogbob 04/01/2010 3:57pm
in reply to Anonymous Feb 06, 2009 10:19am

Senator Bennet, I write to you almost weekly on various topics. I always try to be to the point and avoid posturing. The caucus schedule is past, County Assembly is just ahead, then comes the battle that you have lost before the calender clicks. I am an active registered Republican who votes issues and strives to ellect representatives of the People. AHHH HAAA!! SURPRISE!!! My wife is an active registered Democrat. You can’t get my vote in primary or State Assembly AND you will not get my wife’s either!!!! Past is the name you deserve.
dogbob

quick1shot 03/23/2010 7:26pm

3 word for you
BYE BYE BENNET
kewl now
“BBB”
means a lot of different things like
“BYE BYE BETSEY "
“BETTER mind to the peoples BUSINESS B****”

see ya dude
you gave it a helluva run
but now dog catchers will shun you
but buck up you can come by my house and take out my trash
hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaha
street sweeper is to good of a job for you
so young to fall on the obama sword
when i was growing up we had a word for you
“CHUMP”

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING WILLING TO SPEND MY HARD EARNED MONEY
GE A JOB AND PAY YOUR OWN STINKIN WAY LIKE I HAVE TO

chrisrork 03/05/2010 12:35pm

Man, ya’ll are CRAZY

DOUGLASFIELD 02/03/2010 12:12pm

SENATOR,

• MANY MORE IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS ARE NOW FINDNG OUT THE TRUTH OTHER THEN SENATOR WEBB AND THOSE OTHERS IN THE NOW… IN CONGRESS
Anonymous 01/18/2010 7:41am

JAYDUBTECH 11/25/2009 12:53am

LETS ACT LIKE REAL AMERICANS AND UNDERSTAND ONE THING; LETS GET IT STRAIGHT ABOUT THIS SO-CALLED “ARGUMENT” ABOUT FIGHTING THIS HEALTHCARE BILL…

FIRST, THERE IS NO “MONEY” THAT IS BEING SPENT. “LEGAL TENDER”, OR “FEDERAL RESERVE NOTE” WOULD BE MORE CLOSER TO WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

ALL FEDERAL RESERVE NOTES ARE BACKED BY OUR LABOR. BECAUSE OF H.R. 192, IT IS AGAINST PUBLIC POLICY TO USE WHAT IS TERMED “MONEY” (SILVER AND/OR GOLD) TO PAY ANY OF OUR REAL DEBT. DON’T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT; READ THE TEXT FOR YOURSELF…

WITH THAT BEING SAID, UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING IS A SHIFT IN THE DIRECTION OF OUR LABOR; AWAY FROM THOSE INTERESTS THAT ARE NOT HELPING SOME AMERICANS FROM BEING ABLE TO “BARTER” FOR THEIR RIGHT TO ADEQUATE HEALTH CARE.

LETS KILL THE “ITS TOO EXPENSIVE” ARGUMENT. THERE IS NO “MONEY”; WE HAVEN’T SEEN OR SPENT ANY “MONEY” SINCE THE 1970’S UNDER NIXON…

EVERY AMERICAN DESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADEQUATE HEALTHCARE. END OF CLASS…

fortermlimits 11/24/2009 7:37pm

Voted for Cloture to proceed HR 3590 I see, well just wait until 2010 and see how we vote. This country can’t continue spending money in this manner.

Spam Comment

Beachman 08/06/2009 12:11pm

HR45 which will be voted on September 8th is about as American as Borsht! I encourage Senator Bennett to vote no on this bill. Disarming Americans and banning guns only hurt law abiding citizens. If this bill passes most Americans will have to choose between surrendering their guns or becoming criminals themselves. As for me, if you force me to choose I will become a criminal. I will not give up my 2A rights for anyone. Thomas Jefferson said that the tree of liberty has to be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants from time to time. That time is approaching rather quickly. September 8th to be exact. It’s time for Senator Bennett to decide which side he’s on.

Beachman 08/06/2009 11:41am

Senator Bennett:

Cash for Clunkers I was a horrible mistake. Cash for Clunkers II and it’s 2 billion dollar price tag will be an even bigger mistake! Congress cannot keep asking the FED to print up more worthless paper money to cover all these giveaways and social programs (ie, government run healthcare) without further eroding the value of the dollar. Congress needs to get back to laissez-faire, and let the market correct itself. Stop devaluing the dollar by printing more money otherwise the dollar I have in my pocket today will only be worth a dime tomorrow.

Thank you.

Dougs300KTM 03/23/2009 10:47am
in reply to sonray_99 Feb 09, 2009 7:10pm

I agree. More and more this country is changing for the worse. The safety police need to go away.

sdennison 03/22/2009 11:28am

Senator Bennett:

Of great concern to me is HR 875, which will severely restrict the small locally-owned farm and ranch owners/operators. Most of them take their products to local farmers markets. Frankly, I feel safer buying from them (mainly because I am personally acquainted with most of them) than I do buying at the grocery stores, especially the chain stores. These locally-grown products are better quality, don’t have all the chemicals and growth-hormones and antibiotics in them that the huge commercial farms and ranches use.

It is on a par with the NAIS, as far as I am concerned. These bills are put together by people who don’t know or understand the small farm or home gardening.

I would ask that, as the person we have trusted to speak on our behalf, you would take a close look at the language of both the NAIS and HB 875, and consider voting a resounding “NO” on both of them.

Thank you.

rodney 03/09/2009 8:48am

vote NO on HR45. country was founded on freedom to bear arms (along with others) UNCONSTITUTIONAL! ridiculous requirements. i will not comply, as many americans wont either! burden court system further?!

guns are not the problem! i wont use all the cliches that ring true but you know them…

theleftwingconservative 03/05/2009 4:32pm

Senator, I do hope you consider passing this bill and saying a resounding “NO” to ANYTHING which SoundExchange may try to pass off as being “Good” for the people when in fact THE ONLY people that stand to benefit in ANY way IS THEM.

In closing, while such issues as the ecomony are FAR more important, issues such as the Internet Radio Equality Act (H.R. 2060 for your reference BTW), if left on the shelf, can also have an impact on the economy as well (Albeit a TINY one, but let’s fact it, in these HARD times, ANYTHING could start an economic spiral downturn).

As I said before, THE ONLY people who stand to benefit from the defeat of this bill are THE BIG RECORD LABELS. Yes, THE SAME big record labels who are suing 9 year old children & 90 year old grandmothers as they persist in ANNOYING JUDGES & ABUSING OUR ALREADY OVER-BURDENED COURT SYSTEM.

Now I ask you Mr. Bennet – WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THAT????

Think about that as you consider the passage of this Bill

theleftwingconservative 03/05/2009 4:31pm

Now I ask you Mr. Udall – WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THAT????

Think about that as you consider the passage of this Bill

theleftwingconservative 03/05/2009 4:30pm

Passage of this bill is CRITICAL TO THE SURVIVAL of the medium. with the economy the way it is now, I don’t think I need to tell you what this has been doing to people SUCH AS MYSELF trying to make Internet Radio a profitable & viable venture & resource for those wanting to make money off of it as well as for those of us hobby enthusiats who simply want to use the medium as a means of EXCERCISING OUR RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH.

That is a right which the music industry wants to TAKE AWAY FROM US COMPLETELY if they can’t gain control of the medium.

I happen to fall into the category of “hobby enthusiast” who simply wants to have the medium at my disposal to excercise my right to Free Speech. But if the music industry has its way, I won’t have this option.

True, I could podcast my shows, but I ask you – WHERE IS THE INTERACTIVITY IN THAT??

theleftwingconservative 03/05/2009 4:28pm

I’ll be posting this here as well as in an email to each of my Representatives on the OFFICIAL Congress website because this issue NEEDS our attention….

Dear Sen. Bennet….

There is a Bill which has been sitting on the proverbial & political “back burner” for FAR too long & now UNLESS YOU ACT to change things, the body known as the Copyright Arbitration Royalty Panel (Named afterwards as CARP) may well rule that the Internet Radio medium MUST pay WELL OVER 100% of royalties paid to SoundExchange while Terrestrial & Satellite Radio are able to make do with the SWEETHEART deals which allow them to pay roughly a mere 10% of royalties FOR THE SAME WORKS.

This Bill awaiting the approval of you & your colleagues is called the “Internet Radio Equality Act”. You can find our more about it at http://www.savenetradio.org/

Official website: