Sen. Alan Franken

Democrat  •  Minnesota  •  1st Term  •  Sworn In 2009

• warnlm 07/19/2009 5:33pm

What a joke this moot is.

• rchavez 07/21/2009 8:31am

First Jesse, now Al…..making a run at the title of “Nations most ignorant people”…..well done minnesota!

• sbechard 07/22/2009 3:16pm

I applaud Senator Franken’s effort to help wounded veterans by matching them with trained service dogs.

• katolac 07/26/2009 3:46pm

Didn’t vote for him. But I think the bill he introduced for the trained dogs is a good one.

• carhac66 08/13/2009 4:15pm

I voted for him. he’s doing pretty well so far.

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

Filtered Comment [ show ]

Filtered Comment [ show ]

StringTheory 12/10/2009 2:56pm

That’s the first time I’ve heard a B.A. in Political Science from Harvard called a “new low” in credentials.

• mnme 09/11/2009 3:46pm

I’d like to thank Sen Franken for hanging in there through a difficult election. He no more “stole” the election than those “stolen” by George W Bush in 2000 and 2004. Sen Franken has made numerous trips to visit the troops in Afganistan and Iraq prior to his election. His bill to provide veterans with severe injuries with trained service dogs is a good one.

Al’s not out there fearmongering and scaring people about health care reform. He’s exhibited a lot more class and dignity than the birth-ers, ten-thers, or what ever kind of “-ers” are out there. People yelling at each other and calling each other liars – yeah that’s classy, rational behavior. At least Al’s has the self control to behave himself in an appropriate fashion during the President’s speech to Congress.

Filtered Comment [ show ]

lko2181 07/20/2010 2:35pm

The party in power (i.e. US) has apparently sponsored legislation with which this Senator agrees. Just because you appear NOT to agree with that legislation does not mean Sen.Franken should vote against his, and his constituants’ views on the subject(s) in the legislation. Thinker? Yes, he just happens to not think the way you apparently do. Get over it.

• LucasFoxx 09/17/2009 9:07am

Al Franken is going to be a fine senator and representative of the people. I’ll be watching his career with great interest. I never really thought much of him as a comedian until he hosted the White House Correspondents’ Dinner in the mid 90’s. That show really opened my eyes to the intellectual heavy weight he is. I miss him on the radio. I was disappointed when he announced his candidacy, as I thought he would have much more influence as an un-muzzled commentator. But we need good people in government. He is going to be a force to be reckoned with. The right-wing extremists in this country are right to fear him.

Filtered Comment [ show ]

LucasFoxx 03/01/2010 5:51pm

It’s working out just fine.

LucasFoxx 03/01/2010 6:18pm

BTW: You’re not the only veteran here. You disgrace the uniform when you hide behind it with those kind of comments. Not to mention your violation of Article 88 of the UCMJ. I’ve seen other comments of yours on this site that could fall under Articles 94, 117, and possibly, 132. I hope you are retired.

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

• GunnyG 09/30/2009 8:55am

Seems I was proved right on the link between ACORN and Franken.

Wow, liberals and voter fraud. Now THERE is a shocker.

• AnotherCitizen 10/15/2009 8:42pm

Thank you for opposing S. 773.

thomsonjeff123 02/16/2012 1:31am

This is my first opportunity to visit this website. I found some interesting things and I will apply to the development of my blog. Thanks for sharing useful information.

Business Logo Design | Logo Design Service | Professional Logo Design

• lylepuppe 11/12/2009 7:23am

Senator Franken, Please lend your support to S484 to help us out of a long overdue correction to the social security/federal retirement law of years ago which screws me out of 48% to my earned social security. LCP

• JusticeandPeace 12/09/2009 4:41pm

Minnesota has finest state election systems, election judges from repub & democratic parties correctly called Senator Franken the rightful winner. Minnesota population highly educated, top of the list of education quality. Senator Franken top-notch! Excellent legislation women’s right to seek justice in court for contractor rape. (30 repubs voted no.)Great questioning skills in congressional hearings.
    He was instrumental in providing head protection equipment when soldiers sent to Iraq with inadequate head gear. He has great heart, and I don’t need to write to tell him how to vote, because he knows what is right to do for the people. He’s not bought by corps, banksters.
    Read about ACORN http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/12/acorn_report_finds_no_illegal_conduct.php
    Lawyer gate with Rove/Bush: lawyers fired for not prosecuting ACORN. They didn’t prosecute because there was no evidence of wrongdoing. Repubs want ACORN shut down because they don’t want poor to vote.

raymond699 03/11/2010 8:20am

Boy sound just like another idiot liberal. Hows the change going for? Thanks to Oboma were all laid off so we have plenty of time on the computer while I collect my unemployment. This is great now I know why every one does it!

• Homebuilt7 01/06/2010 1:04am

Al Fruitcake.

• deanklein 01/09/2010 1:08pm

So what we are saying is: I want Governmet to provide me with free money, free health care, free education and the ability to get out of contracts that I don’t like…..all to be paid for by my neighbors, children and grandchildren???

Sign me up for life!!
    Thanks Democratic Party!!

P.S.
    Is there any way we can disband the military and repeal the First Amendment for Republicans?

• Spam Comment

• raymond699 03/11/2010 8:15am

I totally agree with rugby6" (Al Franken and his sidekick amy) He and she are joke, just like most liberals are, and he’s a reprehensible human being". I wish the elections were coming sooner so we don’t have to listen to all the rhetoric from these losers. I’m from Minnesota and and I can’t find anyone who says they voted for either idiot. Funny how that is. And there are no more cars with bumper stickers with yo mamas name on it.

• klassylady25 03/24/2010 9:20pm

While acting as presiding president @ 0117 am, Mr. Frankin was heard laughing after an
    Amendment vote was closed with a 40 aye to 55 nay vote.

What a disgraceful act of nonprofessionalism.

• DOUGLASFIELD 04/26/2010 12:52pm

DEAR SENATOR,

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS , AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ???
  • pelmof 06/29/2010 5:12am