Sen. Barbara Boxer
Democrat • California • 4th Term • Sworn In 1993
- 62 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 7 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 7 of 100)
- 291 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 14 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 51 of 100)
Barbara Levy was born November 11, 1940 in Brooklyn, New York. She attended public schools and graduated from Brooklyn College in 1962 with a degree in Economics.
During the 1970s Boxer worked as a journalist for the Pacific Sun, and as a congressional aide for John Burton . In 1976 Boxer was elected to the Marin County Board of Supervisors, serving for six years.
http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/biography/Boxer.html Read More...
- Today: 27
- Past Seven Days: 125
- All-Time: 121,173
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Green Jobs and the New Economy
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Water and Wildlife
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.552Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Sep 17, 2014 3 Views
A resolution supporting Lights on Afterschool, a national celebration of afterschool programs held on October 23, 2014.
S.2847Read twice and referred Sep 17, 2014 3 Views
A bill to provide for certain land to be taken into trust for the benefit of the Morongo Band of Mission Indians, and for other purposes.
S.2813Read twice and referred Sep 16, 2014 12 Views
A bill to establish the National Prostate Cancer Council for improved screening, early detection, assessment, and monitoring of prostate cance...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.547Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Sep 16, 2014 3 Views
A resolution designating the week beginning September 14, 2014, as National Hispanic-Serving Institutions Week.
S.Res.548Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Sep 16, 2014 12 Views
A resolution designating November 29, 2014, as "Small Business Saturday" and supporting efforts to increase awareness of the value of locally ...
S.2819Read twice and referred Sep 16, 2014 7 Views
A bill to amend chapter 301 of title 49, United States Code, to prohibit the rental of motor vehicles that contain a defect related to motor v...
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1738: John R. Bass, of New York, to be Ambassador to the Republic of TurkeyAye (with party)September 17, 2014
On the Nomination PN1931: Stephen G. Burns, of Maryland, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the term of five years expiring June 30, 2019Aye (with party)September 16, 2014
On the Nomination PN1930: Jeffery Martin Baran, of Virginia, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the remainder of the term expiring June 30, 2015Aye (with party)September 16, 2014