Sen. Barbara Boxer
Democrat • California • 4th Term • Sworn In 1993
- 56 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 12 of 99) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 6 of 99)
- 265 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 13 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 36 of 100)
Barbara Levy was born November 11, 1940 in Brooklyn, New York. She attended public schools and graduated from Brooklyn College in 1962 with a degree in Economics.
During the 1970s Boxer worked as a journalist for the Pacific Sun, and as a congressional aide for John Burton . In 1976 Boxer was elected to the Marin County Board of Supervisors, serving for six years.
http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/biography/Boxer.html Read More...
- Today: 33
- Past Seven Days: 110
- All-Time: 120,058
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Green Jobs and the New Economy
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Water and Wildlife
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.491Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jun 26, 2014 26 Views
A resolution congratulating the Los Angeles Kings on winning the 2014 Stanley Cup Championship.
S.Res.484Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jun 25, 2014 10 Views
A resolution recognizing and honoring the 150th anniversary of the establishment of the Yosemite Grant Act.
S.2453 - Social Security Overpayments Fairness Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 10, 2014 15 Views
A bill to reinstate the 10-year statute of limitations period applicable to collection of amounts paid to Social Security beneficiaries by adm...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.498Referred to the Committee Jul 10, 2014 4 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding United States support for the State of Israel as it defends itself against unprovoke...
S.2581Read twice and referred Jul 10, 2014 3 Views
A bill to require the Consumer Product Safety Commission to promulgate a rule to require child safety packaging for liquid nicotine containers...
S.2578Read the second time Jul 10, 2014 12 Views
A bill to ensure that employers cannot interfere in their employees' birth control and other health care decisions.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1737: Shaun L. S. Donovan, of New York, to be Director of the Office of Management and BudgetAbstain (against party)July 10, 2014
S. 2363: Bipartisan Sportsmen's Act of 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 2363Nay (against party)July 10, 2014
On the Nomination PN1736: Julian Castro, of Texas, to be Secretary of Housing and Urban DevelopmentAye (with party)July 09, 2014