Sen. Barbara Boxer
Democrat • California • 4th Term • Sworn In 1993
- 60 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 7 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 6 of 100)
- 276 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 16 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 36 of 100)
Barbara Levy was born November 11, 1940 in Brooklyn, New York. She attended public schools and graduated from Brooklyn College in 1962 with a degree in Economics.
During the 1970s Boxer worked as a journalist for the Pacific Sun, and as a congressional aide for John Burton . In 1976 Boxer was elected to the Marin County Board of Supervisors, serving for six years.
http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/biography/Boxer.html Read More...
- Today: 18
- Past Seven Days: 142
- All-Time: 120,441
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Green Jobs and the New Economy
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Water and Wildlife
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2771Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 5 Views
A bill to establish a WaterSense program, and for other purposes.
S.2703Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 5 Views
A bill to establish eligibility, assignment, training, and certification requirements for sexual assault forensic examiners for the Armed Forc...
S.2695Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 5 Views
A bill to amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 to require institutions of higher education to have an independent advocate for campus sexual...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2692Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 9 Views
A bill to amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 and the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act to ...
S.2693 - Women's Small Business Ownership Act of 2014Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Jul 30, 2014 4 Views
A bill to reauthorize the women's business center program of the Small Business Administration, and for other purposes.
S.2687Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 8 Views
A bill to amend title 10, United States Code, to ensure that women members of the Armed Forces and their families have access to the contracep...
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1180: Jill A. Pryor, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitAye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On the Motion (Motion to Recede in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 5021)Aye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 3230: Veterans' Access to Care through Choice, Accountability, and Transparency Act of 2014
On the Conference Report H.R. 3230Aye (with party)July 31, 2014