Sen. Barbara Boxer
Democrat • California • 4th Term • Sworn In 1993
- 64 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 8 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 8 of 100)
- 302 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 13 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 57 of 100)
Barbara Levy was born November 11, 1940 in Brooklyn, New York. She attended public schools and graduated from Brooklyn College in 1962 with a degree in Economics.
During the 1970s Boxer worked as a journalist for the Pacific Sun, and as a congressional aide for John Burton . In 1976 Boxer was elected to the Marin County Board of Supervisors, serving for six years.
http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/biography/Boxer.html Read More...
- Today: 17
- Past Seven Days: 133
- All-Time: 122,495
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Green Jobs and the New Economy
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Water and Wildlife
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2963Read twice and referred Nov 20, 2014 24 Views
A bill to remove a limitation on a prohibition relating to permits for discharges incidental to normal operation of vessels.
S.2938 - Soledad Canyon Settlement ActRead twice and referred Nov 18, 2014 11 Views
A bill to provide to the Secretary of the Interior a mechanism to cancel contracts for the sale of materials CA-20139 and CA-22901, and other ...
S.2847 - Economic Development Through Tribal Land Exchange ActRead twice and referred Sep 17, 2014 1 Views
A bill to provide for certain land to be taken into trust for the benefit of the Morongo Band of Mission Indians, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.586Referred to the Committee Nov 20, 2014 14 Views
A resolution calling on the Government of Burma to develop a non-discriminatory and comprehensive solution that addresses Rakhine State's need...
S.2917 - Adding Ebola to the FDA Priority Review Voucher Program ActPlaced on Senate Legislative Calendar Nov 19, 2014 30 Views
A bill to expand the program of priority review to encourage treatments for tropical diseases.
S.Res.573Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Sep 18, 2014 6 Views
A resolution commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Wilderness Act.
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1230: Leigh Martin May, of Georgia, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of GeorgiaAbstain (against party)November 12, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1552: Randolph D. Moss, of Maryland, to be United States District Judge for the District of ColumbiaAye (with party)November 12, 2014
H.J.Res. 124: Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
On the Cloture Motion H.J.Res. 124Aye (with party)September 18, 2014