Sen. Barbara Boxer
Democrat • California • 9th Term • Sworn In 1983
- 43 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 9 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 99)
- 179 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 12 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 7 of 100)
Barbara Levy was born November 11, 1940 in Brooklyn, New York. She attended public schools and graduated from Brooklyn College in 1962 with a degree in Economics.
During the 1970s Boxer worked as a journalist for the Pacific Sun, and as a congressional aide for John Burton . In 1976 Boxer was elected to the Marin County Board of Supervisors, serving for six years.
http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/biography/Boxer.html Read More...
- Today: 23
- Past Seven Days: 134
- All-Time: 116,867
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Green Jobs and the New Economy
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Water and Wildlife
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.1692 - Safe Skies Act of 2013Read twice and referred Nov 13, 2013 10 Views
A bill to require the Secretary of Transportation to modify the final rule relating to flightcrew member duty and rest requirements for passen...
S.1644 - Article 32 Reform ActRead twice and referred Nov 05, 2013 11 Views
A bill to amend title 10, United States Code, to provide for preliminary hearings on alleged offenses under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
S.1598 - Pay Our Bills ActRead twice and referred Oct 29, 2013 6 Views
A bill to provide a process for ensuring the United States does not default on its obligations.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.311Referred to the Committee Nov 21, 2013 34 Views
A resolution calling on the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to strongly oppose Russia's discriminatory law against the freedom of expres...
S.1747 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2013Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Nov 20, 2013 57 Views
A bill to provide for the extension of certain unemployment benefits, and for other purposes.
S.1706 - Fair Playing Field Act of 2013Read twice and referred Nov 14, 2013 6 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to permit the Secretary of the Treasury to issue prospective guidance clarifying the employm...
Recent Voting History
On the Concurrent Resolution S.Con.Res. 28Aye (with party)November 21, 2013
S. 1197: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1197Aye (with party)November 21, 2013
On the Cloture Motion PN527: Patricia Ann Millett, of Virginia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia CircuitAye (with party)November 21, 2013