Sen. Barbara Boxer
Democrat • California • 4th Term • Sworn In 1993
- 57 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 13 of 99) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 6 of 99)
- 269 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 15 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 36 of 100)
Barbara Levy was born November 11, 1940 in Brooklyn, New York. She attended public schools and graduated from Brooklyn College in 1962 with a degree in Economics.
During the 1970s Boxer worked as a journalist for the Pacific Sun, and as a congressional aide for John Burton . In 1976 Boxer was elected to the Marin County Board of Supervisors, serving for six years.
http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/biography/Boxer.html Read More...
- Today: 24
- Past Seven Days: 109
- All-Time: 120,241
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Green Jobs and the New Economy
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Water and Wildlife
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.506Referred to the Committee Jul 17, 2014 17 Views
A resolution recognizing the patriotism and contributions of auxiliaries of veterans service organizations.
S.Res.491Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jun 26, 2014 3 Views
A resolution congratulating the Los Angeles Kings on winning the 2014 Stanley Cup Championship.
S.Res.484Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jun 25, 2014 7 Views
A resolution recognizing and honoring the 150th anniversary of the establishment of the Yosemite Grant Act.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.505Referred to the Committee Jul 17, 2014 19 Views
A resolution congratulating the Gay, Lesbian, and Allies Senate Staff (GLASS) Caucus association on the 10-year anniversary of the association.
S.2625Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Jul 17, 2014 18 Views
A bill to establish certain duties for pharmacies to ensure provision of Food and Drug Administration-approved contraception, and for other pu...
S.Res.502Referred to the Committee Jul 15, 2014 26 Views
A resolution concerning the suspension of exit permit issuance by the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo for adopted Congolese chi...
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1516: John W. deGravelles, of Louisiana, to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of LouisianaAye (with party)July 22, 2014
On the Nomination PN1476: Robin L. Rosenberg, of Florida, to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of FloridaAye (with party)July 22, 2014
On the Nomination PN1551: Andre Birotte, Jr., of California, to be United States District Judge for the Central District of CaliforniaAye (with party)July 22, 2014