Sen. Barbara Boxer
Democrat • California • 9th Term • Sworn In 1983
- 47 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 12 of 99) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 4 of 99)
- 217 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 12 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 48 of 100)
Barbara Levy was born November 11, 1940 in Brooklyn, New York. She attended public schools and graduated from Brooklyn College in 1962 with a degree in Economics.
During the 1970s Boxer worked as a journalist for the Pacific Sun, and as a congressional aide for John Burton . In 1976 Boxer was elected to the Marin County Board of Supervisors, serving for six years.
http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/biography/Boxer.html Read More...
- Today: 21
- Past Seven Days: 127
- All-Time: 118,385
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Green Jobs and the New Economy
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Water and Wildlife
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2047 - Protecting Children from Electronic Cigarette Advertising Act of 2014Read twice and referred Feb 26, 2014 17 Views
A bill to prohibit the marketing of electronic cigarettes to children, and for other purposes.
S.2017 - LINE Act of 2014Committee on Rules and Administration Mar 12, 2014 5 Views
A bill to amend the Help America Vote Act of 2002 to ensure that voters in elections for Federal office do not wait in long lines in order to ...
S.1942 - Women, Peace, and Security Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jan 16, 2014 7 Views
A bill to ensure that the United States promotes women's meaningful inclusion and participation in mediation and negotiation processes underta...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2115 - American Cures ActRead twice and referred Mar 12, 2014 10 Views
A bill to provide for the establishment of a fund to provide for an expanded and sustained national investment in biomedical research.
S.Res.378Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Mar 11, 2014 18 Views
A resolution condemning illegal Russian aggression in Ukraine.
S.Res.376Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar Mar 11, 2014 45 Views
A resolution supporting the goals of International Women's Day.
Recent Voting History
H.R. 3370: Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act of 2013
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 3370Abstain (against party)March 13, 2014
S. 1086: Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill S. 1086Aye (with party)March 13, 2014
On the Nomination PN1179: Caroline Diane Krass, of the District of Columbia, to be General Counsel of the Central Intelligence AgencyAye (with party)March 13, 2014