Sen. Barbara Boxer
Democrat • California • 9th Term • Sworn In 1983
- 48 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 14 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 4 of 100)
- 228 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 13 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 54 of 100)
Barbara Levy was born November 11, 1940 in Brooklyn, New York. She attended public schools and graduated from Brooklyn College in 1962 with a degree in Economics.
During the 1970s Boxer worked as a journalist for the Pacific Sun, and as a congressional aide for John Burton . In 1976 Boxer was elected to the Marin County Board of Supervisors, serving for six years.
http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/biography/Boxer.html Read More...
- Today: 27
- Past Seven Days: 98
- All-Time: 118,758
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Green Jobs and the New Economy
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Water and Wildlife
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2126 - Regenerative Medicine Promotion Act of 2014Read twice and referred Mar 13, 2014 6 Views
A bill to launch a national strategy to support regenerative medicine through the establishment of a Regenerative Medicine Coordinating Counci...
S.2047 - Protecting Children from Electronic Cigarette Advertising Act of 2014Read twice and referred Feb 26, 2014 24 Views
A bill to prohibit the marketing of electronic cigarettes to children, and for other purposes.
S.2017 - LINE Act of 2014Committee on Rules and Administration Mar 12, 2014 8 Views
A bill to amend the Help America Vote Act of 2002 to ensure that voters in elections for Federal office do not wait in long lines in order to ...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2226 - WaterSense Efficiency, Conservation, and Adaptation Act of 2014Read twice and referred Apr 09, 2014 14 Views
A bill to establish a WaterSense program within the Environmental Protection Agency.
S.2223 - Minimum Wage Fairness ActMotion to proceed to consideration Apr 10, 2014 49 Views
A bill to provide for an increase in the Federal minimum wage and to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend increased expensing lim...
S.Res.410Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar Apr 11, 2014 62 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding the anniversary of the Armenian Genocide.
Recent Voting History
On the Motion for Attendance PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitAbstain (against party)April 10, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitAye (with party)April 10, 2014
On the Nomination PN1063: Terrell McSweeny, of the District of Columbia, to be a Federal Trade Commissioner for the unexpired term of seven years from September 26, 2010Aye (with party)April 09, 2014