Sen. Michael Crapo
Republican • Idaho • 3rd Term • Sworn In 1999
- 8 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 91 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 29 of 99)
- 216 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 37 of 100) 2 Made Into Law (Ranks 65 of 100)
Crapo (pronounced "Cray-po") was born May 20, 1951 in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Crapo earned a B.A. from Brigham Young University in 1973 and a J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1977. He served as clerk to Judge James M. Carter of the Ninth Circuit on the Court of Appeals and then returned to Idaho to become a lawyer. While practicing law in Idaho Falls in the 1980s, he was active in the Republican Party's campaigns for seats in the state legislature. He was elected to the Idaho state senate in 1984.http://crapo.senate.gov/about_mike/bio.cfm Read More...
- Today: 9
- Past Seven Days: 42
- All-Time: 40,455
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Social Security, Pensions, and Family Policy
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.473Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jun 12, 2014 7 Views
A resolution celebrating the 20th Anniversary of National Men's Health Week.
S.2040 - Blackfoot River Land Exchange Act of 2014Committee on Indian Affairs May 21, 2014 4 Views
A bill to exchange trust and fee land to resolve land disputes created by the realignment of the Blackfoot River along the boundary of the For...
S.2041 - May 31, 1918 Act Repeal ActCommittee on Indian Affairs Jun 11, 2014 3 Views
A bill to repeal the Act of May 31, 1918, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.498Referred to the Committee Jul 10, 2014 42 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding United States support for the State of Israel as it defends itself against unprovoke...
S.Res.496Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jul 07, 2014 26 Views
A resolution relative to the death of the Honorable Alan John Dixon, former United States Senator for the State of Illinois.
S.Res.488Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Jun 26, 2014 10 Views
A resolution designating July 26, 2014, as "National Day of the American Cowboy".
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1737: Shaun L. S. Donovan, of New York, to be Director of the Office of Management and BudgetAye (with party)July 10, 2014
S. 2363: Bipartisan Sportsmen's Act of 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 2363Nay (with party)July 10, 2014
On the Nomination PN1736: Julian Castro, of Texas, to be Secretary of Housing and Urban DevelopmentNay (with party)July 09, 2014