Sen. Michael Crapo
Republican • Idaho • 3rd Term • Sworn In 1999
- 8 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 94 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 35 of 100)
- 237 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 43 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 38 of 100)
Crapo (pronounced "Cray-po") was born May 20, 1951 in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Crapo earned a B.A. from Brigham Young University in 1973 and a J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1977. He served as clerk to Judge James M. Carter of the Ninth Circuit on the Court of Appeals and then returned to Idaho to become a lawyer. While practicing law in Idaho Falls in the 1980s, he was active in the Republican Party's campaigns for seats in the state legislature. He was elected to the Idaho state senate in 1984.http://crapo.senate.gov/about_mike/bio.cfm Read More...
- Today: 4
- Past Seven Days: 41
- All-Time: 41,257
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Social Security, Pensions, and Family Policy
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.473Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jun 12, 2014 6 Views
A resolution celebrating the 20th Anniversary of National Men's Health Week.
S.2040 - Blackfoot River Land Exchange Act of 2014Held at the desk Sep 19, 2014 5 Views
A bill to exchange trust and fee land to resolve land disputes created by the realignment of the Blackfoot River along the boundary of the For...
S.2041 - May 31, 1918 Act Repeal ActBy Senator Tester from Committee Nov 13, 2014 6 Views
A bill to repeal the Act of May 31, 1918, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.590Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2014 17 Views
A resolution recognizing National Native American Heritage Month and celebrating the heritages and cultures of Native Americans and the contri...
S.Res.588Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2014 38 Views
A resolution recognizing that access to hospitals and other health care providers for patients in rural areas of the United States is essentia...
S.2931 - Unfunded Mandates Accountability Act of 2014Read twice and referred Nov 17, 2014 15 Views
A bill to amend the Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995 to provide for regulatory impact analyses for certain rules and consideration of the ...
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1230: Leigh Martin May, of Georgia, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of GeorgiaNay (with party)November 12, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1552: Randolph D. Moss, of Maryland, to be United States District Judge for the District of ColumbiaNay (with party)November 12, 2014
H.J.Res. 124: Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
On the Cloture Motion H.J.Res. 124Nay (against party)September 18, 2014