Sen. Michael Crapo
Republican • Idaho • 3rd Term • Sworn In 1999
- 8 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 94 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 31 of 100)
- 229 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 39 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 51 of 100)
Crapo (pronounced "Cray-po") was born May 20, 1951 in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Crapo earned a B.A. from Brigham Young University in 1973 and a J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1977. He served as clerk to Judge James M. Carter of the Ninth Circuit on the Court of Appeals and then returned to Idaho to become a lawyer. While practicing law in Idaho Falls in the 1980s, he was active in the Republican Party's campaigns for seats in the state legislature. He was elected to the Idaho state senate in 1984.http://crapo.senate.gov/about_mike/bio.cfm Read More...
- Today: 12
- Past Seven Days: 44
- All-Time: 40,743
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Social Security, Pensions, and Family Policy
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.473Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jun 12, 2014 5 Views
A resolution celebrating the 20th Anniversary of National Men's Health Week.
S.2040 - Blackfoot River Land Exchange Act of 2014Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar Aug 05, 2014 12 Views
A bill to exchange trust and fee land to resolve land disputes created by the realignment of the Blackfoot River along the boundary of the For...
S.2041 - May 31, 1918 Act Repeal ActPlaced on Senate Legislative Calendar Aug 26, 2014 22 Views
A bill to repeal the Act of May 31, 1918, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2768 - Emergency Fuel Reduction Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 17 Views
A bill to amend the Healthy Forests Restoration Act of 2003 to expand the use of categorical exclusions for hazardous fuel reduction projects.
S.Res.530Referred to the Committee Jul 30, 2014 14 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate on the current situation in Iraq and the urgent need to protect religious minorities from pers...
S.2673 - United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act of 2014Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Aug 01, 2014 21 Views
A bill to enhance the strategic partnership between the United States and Israel.
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1180: Jill A. Pryor, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitNay (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On the Motion (Motion to Recede in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 5021)Aye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 3230: Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014
On the Conference Report H.R. 3230Aye (with party)July 31, 2014