Sen. Michael Crapo
Republican • Idaho • 6th Term • Sworn In 1993
- 7 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 86 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 19 of 100)
- 172 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 31 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 48 of 100)
Crapo (pronounced "Cray-po") was born May 20, 1951 in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Crapo earned a B.A. from Brigham Young University in 1973 and a J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1977. He served as clerk to Judge James M. Carter of the Ninth Circuit on the Court of Appeals and then returned to Idaho to become a lawyer. While practicing law in Idaho Falls in the 1980s, he was active in the Republican Party's campaigns for seats in the state legislature. He was elected to the Idaho state senate in 1984.http://crapo.senate.gov/about_mike/bio.cfm Read More...
- Today: 9
- Past Seven Days: 50
- All-Time: 39,777
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Social Security, Pensions, and Family Policy
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2041 - May 31, 1918 Act Repeal ActRead twice and referred Feb 25, 2014 17 Views
A bill to repeal the Act of May 31, 1918, and for other purposes.
S.2040 - Blackfoot River Land Exchange Act of 2014Read twice and referred Feb 25, 2014 12 Views
A bill to exchange trust and fee land to resolve land disputes created by the realignment of the Blackfoot River along the boundary of the For...
S.2027Read twice and referred Feb 12, 2014 16 Views
A bill to authorize an additional district judgeship for the district of Idaho.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2080 - National Fish Habitat Conservation ActSponsor introductory remarks on measure Mar 05, 2014 22 Views
A bill to conserve fish and aquatic communities in the United States through partnerships that foster fish habitat conservation, improve the q...
S.Res.364Referred to the Committee Feb 27, 2014 23 Views
A resolution expressing support for the internal rebuilding, resettlement, and reconciliation within Sri Lanka that are necessary to ensure a ...
S.2026Read twice and referred Feb 12, 2014 12 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exclude from gross income any prizes or awards won in competition in the Olympic Games or...
Recent Voting History
S. 1917: Victims Protection Act of 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1917Aye (with party)March 06, 2014
S. 1752: Military Justice Improvement Act of 2013
On the Cloture Motion S. 1752Nay (with party)March 06, 2014
On the Nomination PN1106: Rose Eilene Gottemoeller, of Virginia, to be Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International SecurityNay (with party)March 06, 2014