Sen. Michael Enzi
Republican • Wyoming • 3rd Term • Sworn In 1997
- 24 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 59 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 6 of 100)
- 267 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 18 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 100)
Enzi was born February 1, 1944 in Bremerton, Washington and grew up in Wyoming. He received a degree in accounting from George Washington University in 1966 and an M.B.A. in retail marketing from the University of Denver in 1968. He served as Mayor of Gillette, Wyoming from 1975-82. He served in the Wyoming House of Representatives from 1987-91 and in the Wyoming State Senate from 1991-96, when he was elected to the U.S. Senate.
- Today: 7
- Past Seven Days: 34
- All-Time: 36,002
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Health Care
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Financial and Contracting Oversight
- the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Federal Programs and the Federal Workforce
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2706Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 2 Views
A bill to ensure that organizations with religious or moral convictions are allowed to continue to provide services for children.
S.2630Read twice and referred Jul 17, 2014 11 Views
A bill to amend the Endangered Species Act of 1973 to require disclosure to States of the basis of determinations under such Act, to ensure us...
S.2609 - Marketplace and Internet Tax Fairness ActRead the second time Jul 16, 2014 11 Views
A bill to restore States' sovereign rights to enforce State and local sales and use tax laws, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.530Referred to the Committee Jul 30, 2014 3 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate on the current situation in Iraq and the urgent need to protect religious minorities from pers...
S.Res.512Referred to the Committee Jul 23, 2014 17 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding the Environmental Protection Agency and the proposed rules and guidelines relating t...
S.2635 - 21st Century Endangered Species Transparency ActRead twice and referred Jul 22, 2014 13 Views
A bill to amend the Endangered Species Act of 1973 to require publication on the Internet of the basis for determinations that species are end...
Recent Voting History
S. 2648: Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 2648Nay (with party)July 30, 2014
S. 2569: Bring Jobs Home Act
On the Cloture Motion S. 2569Nay (with party)July 30, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5021Aye (with party)July 29, 2014