Sen. Michael Enzi
Republican • Wyoming • 3rd Term • Sworn In 1997
- 18 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 62 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 4 of 100)
- 208 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 16 of 100) 2 Made Into Law (Ranks 13 of 100)
Enzi was born February 1, 1944 in Bremerton, Washington and grew up in Wyoming. He received a degree in accounting from George Washington University in 1966 and an M.B.A. in retail marketing from the University of Denver in 1968. He served as Mayor of Gillette, Wyoming from 1975-82. He served in the Wyoming House of Representatives from 1987-91 and in the Wyoming State Senate from 1991-96, when he was elected to the U.S. Senate.
- Today: 6
- Past Seven Days: 33
- All-Time: 35,358
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Health Care
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Financial and Contracting Oversight
- the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Federal Programs and the Federal Workforce
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.J.Res.34Read twice and referred Mar 13, 2014 18 Views
A joint resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to give States the right to repeal Federal laws and regulat...
S.Res.351Referred to the Committee Feb 06, 2014 2 Views
A resolution requiring that legislation considered by the Senate be confined to a single issue.
S.1955 - Knife Owners' Protection Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jan 16, 2014 12 Views
A bill to protect the right of law-abiding citizens to transport knives interstate, notwithstanding a patchwork of local and State prohibitions.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2132Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Mar 13, 2014 5 Views
A bill to amend the Indian Tribal Energy Development and Self-Determination Act of 2005, and for other purposes.
S.Res.385Referred to the Committee Mar 13, 2014 6 Views
A resolution expressing the Sense of the Senate regarding the use of electronic devices on the floor of the Senate.
S.2112Read twice and referred Mar 12, 2014 17 Views
A bill to authorize the approval of natural gas pipelines and establish deadlines and expedite permits for certain natural gas gathering lines...
Recent Voting History
H.R. 3370: Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act of 2013
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 3370Nay (against party)March 13, 2014
S. 1086: Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill S. 1086Aye (with party)March 13, 2014
On the Nomination PN1179: Caroline Diane Krass, of the District of Columbia, to be General Counsel of the Central Intelligence AgencyAye (with party)March 13, 2014