Sen. Michael Enzi
Republican • Wyoming • 3rd Term • Sworn In 1997
- 13 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 65 of 99) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 1 of 99)
- 170 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 14 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 68 of 100)
Enzi was born February 1, 1944 in Bremerton, Washington and grew up in Wyoming. He received a degree in accounting from George Washington University in 1966 and an M.B.A. in retail marketing from the University of Denver in 1968. He served as Mayor of Gillette, Wyoming from 1975-82. He served in the Wyoming House of Representatives from 1987-91 and in the Wyoming State Senate from 1991-96, when he was elected to the U.S. Senate.
- Today: 7
- Past Seven Days: 30
- All-Time: 34,817
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Health Care
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Financial and Contracting Oversight
- the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Federal Programs and the Federal Workforce
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.254Resolution agreed to in Senate Oct 29, 2013 23 Views
A resolution designating November 2, 2013, as "National Bison Day".
S.1436 - One Percent Spending Reduction Act of 2013Read twice and referred Aug 01, 2013 2 Views
A bill to prevent a fiscal crisis by enacting legislation to balance the Federal budget through reductions of discretionary and mandatory spen...
S.Res.191Senate Committee on the Judiciary discharged Jul 11, 2013 10 Views
A resolution designating July 27, 2013, as "National Day of the American Cowboy".
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.1743 - Protecting States' Rights to Promote American Energy Security ActRead twice and referred Nov 20, 2013 12 Views
A bill to amend the Mineral Leasing Act to recognize the authority of States to regulate oil and gas operations and promote American energy se...
S.1724 - Union Tax Fairness Act of 2013Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Nov 19, 2013 26 Views
A bill to provide that the reinsurance fee for the transitional reinsurance program under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act be ap...
S.1726 - Obamacare Taxpayer Bailout Prevention ActRead twice and referred Nov 19, 2013 11 Views
A bill to prevent a taxpayer bailout of health insurance issuers.
Recent Voting History
On the Concurrent Resolution S.Con.Res. 28Nay (with party)November 21, 2013
S. 1197: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1197Nay (with party)November 21, 2013
On the Cloture Motion PN527: Patricia Ann Millett, of Virginia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia CircuitNay (with party)November 21, 2013