Sen. Michael Enzi
Republican • Wyoming • 3rd Term • Sworn In 1997
- 19 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 61 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 4 of 100)
- 226 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 14 of 100) 2 Made Into Law (Ranks 25 of 100)
Enzi was born February 1, 1944 in Bremerton, Washington and grew up in Wyoming. He received a degree in accounting from George Washington University in 1966 and an M.B.A. in retail marketing from the University of Denver in 1968. He served as Mayor of Gillette, Wyoming from 1975-82. He served in the Wyoming House of Representatives from 1987-91 and in the Wyoming State Senate from 1991-96, when he was elected to the U.S. Senate.
- Today: 10
- Past Seven Days: 32
- All-Time: 35,514
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Health Care
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Financial and Contracting Oversight
- the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Federal Programs and the Federal Workforce
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2205 - Small Business Fairness in Health Care ActRead twice and referred Apr 03, 2014 20 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exempt certain small businesses from the employer health insurance mandate and to modify ...
S.J.Res.34Read twice and referred Mar 13, 2014 18 Views
A joint resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to give States the right to repeal Federal laws and regulat...
S.Res.351Referred to the Committee Feb 06, 2014 6 Views
A resolution requiring that legislation considered by the Senate be confined to a single issue.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.423Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Apr 11, 2014 53 Views
A resolution designating April 2014 as "Financial Literacy Month".
S.2238 - Crimea Annexation Non-recognition Act of 2014Read twice and referred Apr 10, 2014 19 Views
A bill to ensure that the United States Government in no way recognizes Russia's annexation of Crimea.
S.Res.418Referred to the Committee Apr 08, 2014 22 Views
A resolution to honor Gallaudet University, a premier institution of higher education for deaf and hard of hearing people in the United States...
Recent Voting History
On the Motion for Attendance PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitNay (with party)April 10, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitNay (with party)April 10, 2014
On the Nomination PN1063: Terrell McSweeny, of the District of Columbia, to be a Federal Trade Commissioner for the unexpired term of seven years from September 26, 2010Aye (with party)April 09, 2014