Sen. Michael Enzi
Republican • Wyoming • 3rd Term • Sworn In 1997
- 28 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 57 of 98) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 98)
- 283 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 21 of 100) 6 Made Into Law (Ranks 17 of 100)
Enzi was born February 1, 1944 in Bremerton, Washington and grew up in Wyoming. He received a degree in accounting from George Washington University in 1966 and an M.B.A. in retail marketing from the University of Denver in 1968. He served as Mayor of Gillette, Wyoming from 1975-82. He served in the Wyoming House of Representatives from 1987-91 and in the Wyoming State Senate from 1991-96, when he was elected to the U.S. Senate.
- Today: 15
- Past Seven Days: 50
- All-Time: 36,833
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Health Care
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Financial and Contracting Oversight
- the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Federal Programs and the Federal Workforce
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2848 - Small Airport Regulation Relief Act of 2014Read twice and referred Sep 17, 2014 2 Views
A bill to amend title 49, United States Code, with respect to apportionments under the Airport Improvement Program, and for other purposes.
S.Res.543Resolution agreed to in Senate Sep 17, 2014 9 Views
A resolution designating November 1, 2014, as National Bison Day.
S.2801 - Heath Care Consumer Choices Preservation ActRead twice and referred Sep 11, 2014 1 Views
A bill to provide for conditions on the renewal of health insurance plans purchased through Exchanges.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.588Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2014 14 Views
A resolution recognizing that access to hospitals and other health care providers for patients in rural areas of the United States is essentia...
S.2944 - No Social Security for Nazis ActRead twice and referred Nov 19, 2014 19 Views
A bill to amend the Social Security Act to provide for the termination of social security benefits for individuals who participated in Nazi pe...
S.2917 - Adding Ebola to the FDA Priority Review Voucher Program ActSigned by President Dec 16, 2014 22 Views
A bill to expand the program of priority review to encourage treatments for tropical diseases.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriNay (with party)December 16, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriNay (with party)December 16, 2014
H.R. 5771: Tax Technical Corrections Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5771Aye (with party)December 16, 2014