Sen. Charles Grassley
Republican • Iowa • 6th Term • Sworn In 1981
- 20 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 68 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 29 of 99)
- 192 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 56 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 83 of 100)
Grassley was born September 17, 1933 in New Hartford, Iowa. He lived in Iowa during his early life and graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in 1955 and received a graduate degree from the same university in 1956. Read More...
- Today: 12
- Past Seven Days: 68
- All-Time: 59,636
- Joint Committee on Taxation
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Health Care
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2459 - Know Before You Owe Federal Student Loan Act of 2014Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Jun 11, 2014 3 Views
A bill to revise counseling requirements for certain borrowers of student loans and for other purposes.
S.Res.382 - Stop Cloture Abuse ResolutionReferred to the Committee Mar 12, 2014 8 Views
A resolution to amend the Standing Rules of the Senate to modify the provision relating to timing for filing of cloture motions.
S.1786 - Sibling Connections ActRead twice and referred Dec 10, 2013 6 Views
A bill to encourage the placement of children in foster care with siblings.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.502Referred to the Committee Jul 15, 2014 22 Views
A resolution concerning the suspension of exit permit issuance by the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo for adopted Congolese chi...
S.2605Read twice and referred Jul 15, 2014 20 Views
A bill to preserve religious freedom and a woman's access to contraception.
S.Res.498Resolution agreed to in Senate Jul 17, 2014 171 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding United States support for the State of Israel as it defends itself against unprovoke...
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1187: Julie E. Carnes, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitAye (with party)July 21, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1187: Julie E. Carnes, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitNay (with party)July 17, 2014
S. 2244: National Association of Registered Agents and Brokers Reform Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill S. 2244Aye (with party)July 17, 2014