Sen. Charles Grassley
Republican • Iowa • 6th Term • Sworn In 1981
- 22 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 69 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 31 of 100)
- 207 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 55 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 51 of 100)
Grassley was born September 17, 1933 in New Hartford, Iowa. He lived in Iowa during his early life and graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in 1955 and received a graduate degree from the same university in 1956. Read More...
- Today: 13
- Past Seven Days: 50
- All-Time: 60,117
- Joint Committee on Taxation
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Health Care
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2818Read twice and referred Sep 16, 2014 2 Views
A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to add physical therapists to the list of providers allowed to utilize locum tenens arr...
S.2781 - Student Visa Integrity ActSponsor introductory remarks on measure Sep 10, 2014 17 Views
A bill to improve student and exchange visitor visa programs.
S.Res.525Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jul 28, 2014 2 Views
A resolution designating July 30, 2014, as "National Whistleblower Appreciation Day".
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.544Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Sep 15, 2014 8 Views
A resolution designating the year of 2014 as the "International Year of Family Farming".
S.Res.539Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Sep 09, 2014 43 Views
A resolution relative to the death of James M. Jeffords, former United States Senator for the State of Vermont.
S.2779 - Expatriate Terrorists ActRead the second time Sep 09, 2014 42 Views
A bill to amend section 349 of the Immigration and Nationality Act to deem specified activities in support of terrorism as renunciation of Uni...
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1931: Stephen G. Burns, of Maryland, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the term of five years expiring June 30, 2019Nay (with party)September 16, 2014
On the Nomination PN1930: Jeffery Martin Baran, of Virginia, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the remainder of the term expiring June 30, 2015Nay (with party)September 16, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1931: Stephen G. Burns, of Maryland, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the term of five years expiring June 30, 2019Nay (with party)September 15, 2014