Sen. Charles Grassley
Republican • Iowa • 9th Term • Sworn In 1975
- 19 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 61 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 23 of 100)
- 158 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 55 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 82 of 100)
Grassley was born September 17, 1933 in New Hartford, Iowa. He lived in Iowa during his early life and graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in 1955 and received a graduate degree from the same university in 1956. Read More...
- Today: 14
- Past Seven Days: 60
- All-Time: 58,909
- Joint Committee on Taxation
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Health Care
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.382 - Stop Cloture Abuse ResolutionSponsor introductory remarks on measure Mar 12, 2014 6 Views
A resolution to amend the Standing Rules of the Senate to modify the provision relating to timing for filing of cloture motions.
S.1786 - Sibling Connections ActRead twice and referred Dec 10, 2013 13 Views
A bill to encourage the placement of children in foster care with siblings.
S.Res.272Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Oct 16, 2013 7 Views
A resolution designating the week beginning October 20, 2013, as "National Character Counts Week".
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.424Referred to the Committee Apr 11, 2014 57 Views
A resolution supporting the mission and goals of 2014 National Crime Victims' Rights Week, which include increasing public awareness of the ri...
S.2190 - Hire More Heroes Act of 2014Read twice and referred Apr 01, 2014 33 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow employers to exempt employees with health coverage under TRICARE or the Veterans Ad...
S.Res.407Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Mar 31, 2014 18 Views
A resolution honoring former Senator and Rear Admiral Jeremiah Andrew Denton, Jr.
Recent Voting History
On the Motion for Attendance PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitNay (with party)April 10, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitNay (with party)April 10, 2014
On the Nomination PN1063: Terrell McSweeny, of the District of Columbia, to be a Federal Trade Commissioner for the unexpired term of seven years from September 26, 2010Aye (with party)April 09, 2014