Sen. Charles Grassley
Republican • Iowa • 6th Term • Sworn In 1981
- 24 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 65 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 35 of 100)
- 211 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 56 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 57 of 100)
Grassley was born September 17, 1933 in New Hartford, Iowa. He lived in Iowa during his early life and graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in 1955 and received a graduate degree from the same university in 1956. Read More...
- Today: 12
- Past Seven Days: 55
- All-Time: 60,649
- Joint Committee on Taxation
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Health Care
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.557Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Sep 17, 2014 2 Views
A resolution designating the week beginning October 19, 2014, as "National Character Counts Week".
S.2818 - Prevent Interruptions in Physical Therapy Act of 2014Read twice and referred Sep 16, 2014 0 Views
A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to add physical therapists to the list of providers allowed to utilize locum tenens arr...
S.2781 - Student Visa Integrity ActSponsor introductory remarks on measure Sep 10, 2014 6 Views
A bill to improve student and exchange visitor visa programs.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2953Read twice and referred Nov 20, 2014 16 Views
A bill to prohibit an alien who is a national of a country with a widespread Ebola virus outbreak from obtaining a visa and for other purposes.
S.Res.588Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2014 38 Views
A resolution recognizing that access to hospitals and other health care providers for patients in rural areas of the United States is essentia...
S.2944 - No Social Security for Nazis ActRead twice and referred Nov 19, 2014 19 Views
A bill to amend the Social Security Act to provide for the termination of social security benefits for individuals who participated in Nazi pe...
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1230: Leigh Martin May, of Georgia, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of GeorgiaNay (with party)November 12, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1552: Randolph D. Moss, of Maryland, to be United States District Judge for the District of ColumbiaNay (with party)November 12, 2014
H.J.Res. 124: Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
On the Cloture Motion H.J.Res. 124Nay (against party)September 18, 2014