Sen. Charles Grassley
Republican • Iowa • 6th Term • Sworn In 1981
- 21 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 71 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 31 of 100)
- 202 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 56 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 51 of 100)
Grassley was born September 17, 1933 in New Hartford, Iowa. He lived in Iowa during his early life and graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in 1955 and received a graduate degree from the same university in 1956. Read More...
- Today: 12
- Past Seven Days: 56
- All-Time: 59,955
- Joint Committee on Taxation
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Health Care
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.525Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jul 28, 2014 16 Views
A resolution designating July 30, 2014, as "National Whistleblower Appreciation Day".
S.2459 - Know Before You Owe Federal Student Loan Act of 2014Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Jun 11, 2014 0 Views
A bill to revise counseling requirements for certain borrowers of student loans and for other purposes.
S.Res.382 - Stop Cloture Abuse ResolutionReferred to the Committee Mar 12, 2014 3 Views
A resolution to amend the Standing Rules of the Senate to modify the provision relating to timing for filing of cloture motions.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.J.Res.41Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 3 Views
A joint resolution approving the location of a memorial to commemorate the more than 5,000 slaves and free Black persons who fought for indepe...
S.Res.532Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jul 31, 2014 22 Views
A resolution designating the week beginning September 7, 2014, as "National Direct Support Professionals Recognition Week".
S.2743 - Protecting Children and America's Homeland Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 13 Views
A bill making supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2014, for border security, law enforcement, humanitarian as...
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1180: Jill A. Pryor, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitNay (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On the Motion (Motion to Recede in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 5021)Aye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 3230: Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014
On the Conference Report H.R. 3230Aye (with party)July 31, 2014