Sen. Charles Grassley
Republican • Iowa • 9th Term • Sworn In 1975
- 17 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 50 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 99)
- 124 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 50 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 68 of 100)
Grassley was born September 17, 1933 in New Hartford, Iowa. He lived in Iowa during his early life and graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in 1955 and received a graduate degree from the same university in 1956. Read More...
- Today: 18
- Past Seven Days: 66
- All-Time: 57,910
- Joint Committee on Taxation
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Health Care
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.1786Read twice and referred Dec 10, 2013 0 Views
A bill to encourage the placement of children in foster care with siblings.
S.Res.272Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Oct 16, 2013 6 Views
A resolution designating the week beginning October 20, 2013, as "National Character Counts Week".
S.1427 - Family Farmer Bankruptcy Clarification Act of 2013Senate Committee on Finance discharged Sep 10, 2013 11 Views
A bill to amend title 11 of the United States Code to clarify the rule allowing discharge as a nonpriority claim of governmental claims arisin...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.1809Read twice and referred Dec 12, 2013 0 Views
A bill to amend chapter 77 of title 5, United States Code, to clarify certain due process rights of Federal employees serving in sensitive pos...
S.1783 - Federal Prison Reform Act of 2013Read twice and referred Dec 09, 2013 1 Views
A bill to enhance public safety by improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the Federal prison system with offender risk and needs assess...
S.Res.309Referred to the Committee Nov 21, 2013 33 Views
A resolution expressing support for improvement in the collection, processing, and consumption of recyclable materials throughout the United S...
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN786: Anne W. Patterson, of Virginia, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Near Eastern Affairs)Nay (with party)December 13, 2013
On the Nomination PN808: Heather Anne Higginbottom, of the District of Columbia, to be Deputy Secretary of State for Management and ResourcesAye (with party)December 13, 2013
On the Cloture Motion PN808: Heather Anne Higginbottom, of the District of Columbia, to be Deputy Secretary of State for Management and ResourcesNay (with party)December 13, 2013