Sen. Charles Grassley
Republican • Iowa • 6th Term • Sworn In 1981
- 24 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 69 of 98) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 45 of 98)
- 217 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 56 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 70 of 100)
Grassley was born September 17, 1933 in New Hartford, Iowa. He lived in Iowa during his early life and graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in 1955 and received a graduate degree from the same university in 1956. Read More...
- Today: 12
- Past Seven Days: 62
- All-Time: 60,817
- Joint Committee on Taxation
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Health Care
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.557Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Sep 17, 2014 2 Views
A resolution designating the week beginning October 19, 2014, as "National Character Counts Week".
S.2818 - Prevent Interruptions in Physical Therapy Act of 2014Read twice and referred Sep 16, 2014 4 Views
A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to add physical therapists to the list of providers allowed to utilize locum tenens arr...
S.2781 - Student Visa Integrity ActSponsor introductory remarks on measure Sep 10, 2014 7 Views
A bill to improve student and exchange visitor visa programs.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2999 - Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Reauthorization Act of 2014Read twice and referred Dec 11, 2014 15 Views
A bill to reauthorize and improve the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act of 1974, and for other purposes.
S.2953 - Keeping America Safe from Ebola Act of 2014Read twice and referred Nov 20, 2014 10 Views
A bill to prohibit an alien who is a national of a country with a widespread Ebola virus outbreak from obtaining a visa and for other purposes.
S.Res.588Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2014 11 Views
A resolution recognizing that access to hospitals and other health care providers for patients in rural areas of the United States is essentia...
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriNay (with party)December 16, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriNay (with party)December 16, 2014
H.R. 5771: Tax Technical Corrections Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5771Aye (with party)December 16, 2014