Sen. Charles Grassley
Republican • Iowa • 9th Term • Sworn In 1975
- 18 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 60 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 19 of 100)
- 145 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 54 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 80 of 100)
Grassley was born September 17, 1933 in New Hartford, Iowa. He lived in Iowa during his early life and graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in 1955 and received a graduate degree from the same university in 1956. Read More...
- Today: 8
- Past Seven Days: 49
- All-Time: 58,595
- Joint Committee on Taxation
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Health Care
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.1786 - Sibling Connections ActRead twice and referred Dec 10, 2013 11 Views
A bill to encourage the placement of children in foster care with siblings.
S.Res.272Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Oct 16, 2013 5 Views
A resolution designating the week beginning October 20, 2013, as "National Character Counts Week".
S.1427 - Family Farmer Bankruptcy Clarification Act of 2013Senate Committee on Finance discharged Sep 10, 2013 8 Views
A bill to amend title 11 of the United States Code to clarify the rule allowing discharge as a nonpriority claim of governmental claims arisin...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.370Referred to the Committee Mar 05, 2014 11 Views
A resolution supporting the territorial integrity of Ukraine and condemning Russian military aggression in Ukraine.
S.2066Read the second time Mar 03, 2014 36 Views
A bill to amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the intentional discrimination of a person or organization by an employee of the Int...
S.2067Read the second time Mar 03, 2014 37 Views
A bill to prohibit the Department of the Treasury from assigning tax statuses to organizations based on their political beliefs and activities.
Recent Voting History
S. 1917: Victims Protection Act of 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1917Aye (with party)March 06, 2014
S. 1752: Military Justice Improvement Act of 2013
On the Cloture Motion S. 1752Aye (against party)March 06, 2014
On the Nomination PN1106: Rose Eilene Gottemoeller, of Virginia, to be Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International SecurityNay (with party)March 06, 2014