Sen. Charles Grassley
Republican • Iowa • 9th Term • Sworn In 1975
- 17 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 50 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 99)
- 124 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 50 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 68 of 100)
Grassley was born September 17, 1933 in New Hartford, Iowa. He lived in Iowa during his early life and graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in 1955 and received a graduate degree from the same university in 1956. Read More...
- Today: 19
- Past Seven Days: 61
- All-Time: 57,890
- Joint Committee on Taxation
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Health Care
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.272Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Oct 16, 2013 5 Views
A resolution designating the week beginning October 20, 2013, as "National Character Counts Week".
S.1427 - Family Farmer Bankruptcy Clarification Act of 2013Senate Committee on Finance discharged Sep 10, 2013 7 Views
A bill to amend title 11 of the United States Code to clarify the rule allowing discharge as a nonpriority claim of governmental claims arisin...
S.Res.202Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jul 30, 2013 4 Views
A resolution designating July 30, 2013, as "National Whistleblower Appreciation Day".
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.309Referred to the Committee Nov 21, 2013 30 Views
A resolution expressing support for improvement in the collection, processing, and consumption of recyclable materials throughout the United S...
S.1736 - Support Earned Recognition for Veterans ActRead twice and referred Nov 19, 2013 14 Views
A bill to amend titles 5 and 38, United States Code, to clarify the veteran status of an individual based on the attendance of the individual ...
S.Res.294Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 13, 2013 3 Views
A resolution expressing support for the goals of National Adoption Day and National Adoption Month by promoting national awareness of adoption...
Recent Voting History
On the Concurrent Resolution S.Con.Res. 28Nay (with party)November 21, 2013
S. 1197: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1197Nay (with party)November 21, 2013
On the Cloture Motion PN527: Patricia Ann Millett, of Virginia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia CircuitNay (with party)November 21, 2013