Sen. Charles Grassley
Republican • Iowa • 6th Term • Sworn In 1981
- 21 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 68 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 29 of 100)
- 194 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 57 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 83 of 100)
Grassley was born September 17, 1933 in New Hartford, Iowa. He lived in Iowa during his early life and graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in 1955 and received a graduate degree from the same university in 1956. Read More...
- Today: 20
- Past Seven Days: 97
- All-Time: 59,776
- Joint Committee on Taxation
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Health Care
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.525Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jul 28, 2014 7 Views
A resolution designating July 30, 2014, as "National Whistleblower Appreciation Day".
S.2459 - Know Before You Owe Federal Student Loan Act of 2014Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Jun 11, 2014 7 Views
A bill to revise counseling requirements for certain borrowers of student loans and for other purposes.
S.Res.382 - Stop Cloture Abuse ResolutionReferred to the Committee Mar 12, 2014 4 Views
A resolution to amend the Standing Rules of the Senate to modify the provision relating to timing for filing of cloture motions.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.530Referred to the Committee Jul 30, 2014 3 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate on the current situation in Iraq and the urgent need to protect religious minorities from pers...
S.2692Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 5 Views
A bill to amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 and the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act to ...
S.2673 - United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act of 2014Read the second time Jul 29, 2014 18 Views
A bill to enhance the strategic partnership between the United States and Israel.
Recent Voting History
S. 2648: Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 2648Aye (against party)July 30, 2014
S. 2569: Bring Jobs Home Act
On the Cloture Motion S. 2569Nay (with party)July 30, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5021Aye (with party)July 29, 2014