Sen. Charles Grassley
Republican • Iowa • 9th Term • Sworn In 1975
- 17 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 50 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 99)
- 124 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 50 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 68 of 100)
Grassley was born September 17, 1933 in New Hartford, Iowa. He lived in Iowa during his early life and graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in 1955 and received a graduate degree from the same university in 1956. Read More...
- Today: 17
- Past Seven Days: 99
- All-Time: 58,021
- Joint Committee on Taxation
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Health Care
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.1786 - Sibling Connections ActRead twice and referred Dec 10, 2013 14 Views
A bill to encourage the placement of children in foster care with siblings.
S.Res.272Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Oct 16, 2013 8 Views
A resolution designating the week beginning October 20, 2013, as "National Character Counts Week".
S.1427 - Family Farmer Bankruptcy Clarification Act of 2013Senate Committee on Finance discharged Sep 10, 2013 3 Views
A bill to amend title 11 of the United States Code to clarify the rule allowing discharge as a nonpriority claim of governmental claims arisin...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.1876Read twice and referred Dec 19, 2013 4 Views
A bill to reauthorize and restructure adoption incentive payments, and for other purposes.
S.1877Read twice and referred Dec 19, 2013 4 Views
A bill to increase the reliability of child support for children, and for other purposes.
S.1878Read twice and referred Dec 19, 2013 4 Views
A bill to better enable State child welfare agencies to prevent sex trafficking of children and serve the needs of children who are victims of...
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN921: Janet L. Yellen, of California, to be Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System for a term of four yearsNay (with party)December 20, 2013
On the Nomination PN12: Brian J. Davis, of Florida, to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of FloridaAye (against party)December 20, 2013
On the Cloture Motion PN12: Brian J. Davis, of Florida, to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of FloridaNay (with party)December 20, 2013