Sen. Thomas Harkin
Democrat • Iowa • 10th Term • Sworn In 1975
- 42 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 15 of 99) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 4 of 99)
- 156 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 47 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 6 of 100)
- Today: 13
- Past Seven Days: 82
- All-Time: 47,812
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Commodities, Markets, Trade and Risk Management
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Department of Defense
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Energy and Water Development
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2036 - Keeping All Students Safe ActSponsor introductory remarks on measure Feb 24, 2014 170 Views
A bill to protect all school children against harmful and life-threatening seclusion and restraint practices.
S.1979 - USA Retirement Funds ActRead twice and referred Jan 30, 2014 16 Views
A bill to provide for USA Retirement Funds, to reform the pension system, and for other purposes.
S.1864Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Dec 19, 2013 8 Views
A bill to require a demonstration program on the accession as Air Force officers of candidates with auditory impairments.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2054 - Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs for Teens Act of 2014Read twice and referred Feb 27, 2014 34 Views
A bill to require certain standards and enforcement provisions to prevent child abuse and neglect in residential programs, and for other purpo...
S.2047 - Protecting Children from Electronic Cigarette Advertising Act of 2014Read twice and referred Feb 26, 2014 23 Views
A bill to prohibit the marketing of electronic cigarettes to children, and for other purposes.
S.2023 - Fair Elections Now ActSponsor introductory remarks on measure Feb 12, 2014 12 Views
A bill to reform the financing of Senate elections, and for other purposes.
Recent Voting History
S. 1917: Victims Protection Act of 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1917Aye (with party)March 06, 2014
S. 1752: Military Justice Improvement Act of 2013
On the Cloture Motion S. 1752Aye (with party)March 06, 2014
On the Nomination PN1106: Rose Eilene Gottemoeller, of Virginia, to be Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International SecurityAye (with party)March 06, 2014