Sen. Thomas Harkin
Democrat • Iowa • 10th Term • Sworn In 1975
- 43 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 20 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 4 of 100)
- 166 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 51 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 5 of 100)
- Today: 17
- Past Seven Days: 84
- All-Time: 48,192
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Commodities, Markets, Trade and Risk Management
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Department of Defense
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Energy and Water Development
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2223 - Minimum Wage Fairness ActMotion to proceed to consideration Apr 10, 2014 88 Views
A bill to provide for an increase in the Federal minimum wage and to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend increased expensing lim...
S.2036 - Keeping All Students Safe ActSponsor introductory remarks on measure Feb 24, 2014 18 Views
A bill to protect all school children against harmful and life-threatening seclusion and restraint practices.
S.1979 - USA Retirement Funds ActRead twice and referred Jan 30, 2014 12 Views
A bill to provide for USA Retirement Funds, to reform the pension system, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2235 - Democracy Restoration Act of 2014Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Apr 10, 2014 19 Views
A bill to secure the Federal voting rights of persons when released from incarceration.
S.Res.420Referred to the Committee Apr 10, 2014 19 Views
A resolution designating the week of October 6 through October 12, 2014, as "Naturopathic Medicine Week" to recognize the value of naturopathi...
S.Res.418Referred to the Committee Apr 08, 2014 22 Views
A resolution to honor Gallaudet University, a premier institution of higher education for deaf and hard of hearing people in the United States...
Recent Voting History
On the Motion for Attendance PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitAye (with party)April 10, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitAye (with party)April 10, 2014
On the Nomination PN1063: Terrell McSweeny, of the District of Columbia, to be a Federal Trade Commissioner for the unexpired term of seven years from September 26, 2010Aye (with party)April 09, 2014