Sen. Thomas Harkin
Democrat • Iowa • 5th Term • Sworn In 1985
- 56 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 18 of 100) 2 Made Into Law (Ranks 4 of 100)
- 219 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 53 of 100) 5 Made Into Law (Ranks 22 of 100)
- Today: 13
- Past Seven Days: 72
- All-Time: 50,302
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Commodities, Markets, Trade and Risk Management
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Department of Defense
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Energy and Water Development
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2954Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Nov 20, 2014 21 Views
A bill to improve the Higher Education Act of 1965, and for other purposes.
S.2917 - Adding Ebola to the FDA Priority Review Voucher Program ActPlaced on Senate Legislative Calendar Nov 19, 2014 47 Views
A bill to expand the program of priority review to encourage treatments for tropical diseases.
S.2889 - Universal Home Design Act of 2014Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Sep 18, 2014 146 Views
A bill to require compliance with established universal home design guidelines, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2955Read twice and referred Nov 20, 2014 11 Views
A bill to revise the Inland Waterways Trust Fund financing rate.
S.2959Read twice and referred Nov 20, 2014 15 Views
A bill to ensure that claims for benefits under the Black Lung Benefits Act are processed in a fair and timely manner, to protect miners from ...
S.2906 - Layoff Prevention Extension Act of 2014Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Sep 18, 2014 5 Views
A bill to provide for the treatment and extension of temporary financing of short-time compensation programs.
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1230: Leigh Martin May, of Georgia, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of GeorgiaAye (with party)November 12, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1552: Randolph D. Moss, of Maryland, to be United States District Judge for the District of ColumbiaAye (with party)November 12, 2014
H.J.Res. 124: Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
On the Cloture Motion H.J.Res. 124Aye (with party)September 18, 2014