Sen. Thomas Harkin
Democrat • Iowa • 5th Term • Sworn In 1985
- 60 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 17 of 98) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 2 of 98)
- 229 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 53 of 100) 8 Made Into Law (Ranks 9 of 100)
- Today: 11
- Past Seven Days: 61
- All-Time: 50,530
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Commodities, Markets, Trade and Risk Management
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Department of Defense
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Energy and Water Development
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.3020Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Dec 16, 2014 41 Views
A bill to establish the composition known as America the Beautiful as the national anthem.
S.Res.595Resolution agreed to in Senate Dec 16, 2014 13 Views
A resolution recognizing Nobel Laureates Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousafzai for their efforts to end the financial exploitation of childre...
S.2954 - Higher Education Affordability ActSponsor introductory remarks on measure Nov 20, 2014 17 Views
A bill to improve the Higher Education Act of 1965, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2993 - Students Before Profits ActRead twice and referred Dec 10, 2014 17 Views
A bill to amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 to improve the determination of cohort default rates and provide for enhanced civil penalties...
S.2955Read twice and referred Nov 20, 2014 4 Views
A bill to revise the Inland Waterways Trust Fund financing rate.
S.2959 - Black Lung Benefits Improvement Act of 2014Read twice and referred Nov 20, 2014 5 Views
A bill to ensure that claims for benefits under the Black Lung Benefits Act are processed in a fair and timely manner, to protect miners from ...
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriAye (with party)December 16, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriAye (with party)December 16, 2014
H.R. 5771: Tax Technical Corrections Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5771Aye (with party)December 16, 2014