Sen. Thomas Harkin
Democrat • Iowa • 10th Term • Sworn In 1975
- 39 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 13 of 99) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 1 of 99)
- 137 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 34 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 7 of 100)
- Today: 24
- Past Seven Days: 71
- All-Time: 47,098
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Commodities, Markets, Trade and Risk Management
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Department of Defense
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Energy and Water Development
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.1737 - Minimum Wage Fairness ActRead the second time Nov 20, 2013 25 Views
A bill to provide for an increase in the Federal minimum wage and to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend increased expensing lim...
S.1694 - Hearing Aid Assistance Tax Credit ActRead twice and referred Nov 13, 2013 4 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow a credit against income tax for the purchase of hearing aids.
S.1697 - Strong Start for America's Children ActRead twice and referred Nov 13, 2013 16 Views
A bill to support early learning.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.1747 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2013Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Nov 20, 2013 112 Views
A bill to provide for the extension of certain unemployment benefits, and for other purposes.
S.1736 - Support Earned Recognition for Veterans ActRead twice and referred Nov 19, 2013 11 Views
A bill to amend titles 5 and 38, United States Code, to clarify the veteran status of an individual based on the attendance of the individual ...
S.1706 - Fair Playing Field Act of 2013Read twice and referred Nov 14, 2013 6 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to permit the Secretary of the Treasury to issue prospective guidance clarifying the employm...
Recent Voting History
On the Concurrent Resolution S.Con.Res. 28Aye (with party)November 21, 2013
S. 1197: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1197Aye (with party)November 21, 2013
On the Cloture Motion PN527: Patricia Ann Millett, of Virginia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia CircuitAye (with party)November 21, 2013