Sen. Thomas Harkin
Democrat • Iowa • 5th Term • Sworn In 1985
- 48 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 24 of 99) 2 Made Into Law (Ranks 3 of 99)
- 201 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 51 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 100)
- Today: 7
- Past Seven Days: 66
- All-Time: 49,042
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Commodities, Markets, Trade and Risk Management
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Department of Defense
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Energy and Water Development
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2515 - Community Integration Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 24, 2014 4 Views
A bill to ensure that Medicaid beneficiaries have the opportunity to receive care in a home and community-based setting.
S.2511Read twice and referred Jun 19, 2014 7 Views
A bill to amend the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 to clarify the definition of substantial cessation of operations.
S.2486 - Restoring Overtime Pay for Working Americans ActRead twice and referred Jun 18, 2014 9 Views
A bill to amend the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to establish salary thresholds for and limitations on executive, administrative, and prof...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2615Read twice and referred Jul 16, 2014 16 Views
A bill to establish criminal penalties for failing to inform and warn of serious dangers.
S.Res.502Referred to the Committee Jul 15, 2014 22 Views
A resolution concerning the suspension of exit permit issuance by the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo for adopted Congolese chi...
S.2581 - Child Nicotine Poisoning Prevention Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 10, 2014 13 Views
A bill to require the Consumer Product Safety Commission to promulgate a rule to require child safety packaging for liquid nicotine containers...
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1187: Julie E. Carnes, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitAye (with party)July 21, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1187: Julie E. Carnes, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitAye (with party)July 17, 2014
S. 2244: National Association of Registered Agents and Brokers Reform Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill S. 2244Aye (with party)July 17, 2014