Sen. Thomas Harkin
Democrat • Iowa • 5th Term • Sworn In 1985
- 50 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 23 of 100) 2 Made Into Law (Ranks 3 of 100)
- 210 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 52 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 27 of 100)
- Today: 16
- Past Seven Days: 82
- All-Time: 49,374
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Commodities, Markets, Trade and Risk Management
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Department of Defense
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Energy and Water Development
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2658 - Accelerating Biomedical Research ActSponsor introductory remarks on measure Jul 24, 2014 2 Views
A bill to prioritize funding for the National Institutes of Health to discover treatments and cures, to maintain global leadership in medical ...
S.2642 - Schedules That Work ActSponsor introductory remarks on measure Jul 22, 2014 1 Views
A bill to permit employees to request changes to their work schedules without fear of retaliation, and to ensure that employers consider these...
S.2515 - Community Integration Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 24, 2014 4 Views
A bill to ensure that Medicaid beneficiaries have the opportunity to receive care in a home and community-based setting.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.524Referred to the Committee Jul 28, 2014 24 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding global climate change.
S.2615Read twice and referred Jul 16, 2014 2 Views
A bill to establish criminal penalties for failing to inform and warn of serious dangers.
S.Res.502Resolution agreed to in Senate Jul 31, 2014 7 Views
A resolution concerning the suspension of exit permit issuance by the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo for adopted Congolese chi...
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1180: Jill A. Pryor, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitAbstain (against party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On the Motion (Motion to Recede in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 5021)Abstain (against party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 3230: Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014
On the Conference Report H.R. 3230Abstain (against party)July 31, 2014