Sen. Thomas Harkin
Democrat • Iowa • 5th Term • Sworn In 1985
- 49 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 23 of 100) 2 Made Into Law (Ranks 3 of 100)
- 206 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 48 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 100)
- Today: 26
- Past Seven Days: 79
- All-Time: 49,067
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Commodities, Markets, Trade and Risk Management
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Department of Defense
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Energy and Water Development
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2642 - Schedules That Work ActSponsor introductory remarks on measure Jul 22, 2014 7 Views
A bill to permit employees to request changes to their work schedules without fear of retaliation, and to ensure that employers consider these...
S.2515 - Community Integration Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 24, 2014 3 Views
A bill to ensure that Medicaid beneficiaries have the opportunity to receive care in a home and community-based setting.
S.2511Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Jul 23, 2014 6 Views
A bill to amend the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 to clarify the definition of substantial cessation of operations.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2615Read twice and referred Jul 16, 2014 20 Views
A bill to establish criminal penalties for failing to inform and warn of serious dangers.
S.Res.502Referred to the Committee Jul 15, 2014 24 Views
A resolution concerning the suspension of exit permit issuance by the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo for adopted Congolese chi...
S.2581 - Child Nicotine Poisoning Prevention Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 10, 2014 15 Views
A bill to require the Consumer Product Safety Commission to promulgate a rule to require child safety packaging for liquid nicotine containers...
Recent Voting History
S. 2569: Bring Jobs Home Act
On the Cloture Motion S. 2569Aye (with party)July 23, 2014
On the Nomination PN1516: John W. deGravelles, of Louisiana, to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of LouisianaAye (with party)July 22, 2014
On the Nomination PN1476: Robin L. Rosenberg, of Florida, to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of FloridaAye (with party)July 22, 2014