Sen. Patrick Leahy
Democrat • Vermont • 7th Term • Sworn In 1975
- 47 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 29 of 98) 6 Made Into Law (Ranks 1 of 98)
- 205 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 62 of 100) 5 Made Into Law (Ranks 40 of 100)
- Today: 8
- Past Seven Days: 61
- All-Time: 49,148
- Joint Committee on the Library
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Department of Defense
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- Oversight, Federal Rights and Agency Action
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2919 - Copyright and Marriage Equality ActSponsor introductory remarks on measure Nov 12, 2014 2 Views
A bill to amend title 17, United States Code, with respect to the definition of "widow" and "widower", and for other purposes.
S.J.Res.45Received in the House Dec 08, 2014 10 Views
A joint resolution providing for the reappointment of David M. Rubenstein as a citizen regent of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Insti...
S.Res.539Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Sep 09, 2014 4 Views
A resolution relative to the death of James M. Jeffords, former United States Senator for the State of Vermont.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.567Referred to the Committee Sep 18, 2014 2 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding the possible easing of restrictions on the sale of lethal military equipment to the ...
S.2900 - Livable Communities Act of 2014Read twice and referred Sep 18, 2014 5 Views
A bill to create livable communities through coordinated public investment and streamlined requirements, and for other purposes.
S.2839 - Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act of 2014Read twice and referred Sep 17, 2014 10 Views
A bill to authorize the Attorney General to award grants to address the national epidemics of prescription opioid abuse and heroin use.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriAbstain (against party)December 16, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriAbstain (against party)December 16, 2014
H.R. 5771: Tax Technical Corrections Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5771Nay (against party)December 16, 2014