Sen. John McCain
Republican • Arizona • 5th Term • Sworn In 1987
- 18 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 80 of 98) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 41 of 98)
- 141 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 92 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 93 of 100)
McCain was born August 29, 1936 in Coco Solo in the U.S controlled Panama Canal Zone. After high school graduation in 1954, McCain entered the United States Naval Academy and graduated in 1958. McCain became a Captain in the United States Navy. On October 26, 1967, McCain was shot down over Vietnam, and was held as a prisoner of war in Hanoi for five-and-a-half years, mostly in the infamous Hanoi Hilton. He was released from captivity in 1973. He was honorably discharged upon his retirement from the Navy in 1981.
During his military career he received a Silver Star Medal, a Bronze Star Medal, the Legion of Merit, the Purple Heart, and a Distinguished Flying Cross (USA). Official Senate Biography Read More...
- Today: 24
- Past Seven Days: 120
- All-Time: 118,707
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Emerging Threats and Capabilities
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- African Affairs
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Financial and Contracting Oversight
- Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.581Referred to the Committee Nov 18, 2014 31 Views
A resolution honoring the life and service of the late Staff Sergeant Robert Henry Anderson.
S.2930 - Clay Hunt SAV ActRead twice and referred Nov 17, 2014 15 Views
A bill to direct the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to provide for the conduct of an evaluation of mental health c...
S.Res.567Referred to the Committee Sep 18, 2014 1 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding the possible easing of restrictions on the sale of lethal military equipment to the ...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.3013Read twice and referred Dec 12, 2014 26 Views
A bill to amend the Commodity Exchange Act to prevent manipulation of physical commodities prices, and for other purposes.
S.2863 - Transparency in Education ActRead twice and referred Sep 18, 2014 5 Views
A bill to require the Secretary of Education to complete a data analysis on the impact of the proposed rule on gainful employment prior to iss...
S.Res.546Referred to the Committee Sep 16, 2014 2 Views
A resolution congratulating Indonesia's President-elect Joko Widodo on his electoral victory and commending the people of Indonesia on their c...
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriNay (with party)December 16, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriNay (with party)December 16, 2014
H.R. 5771: Tax Technical Corrections Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5771Aye (with party)December 16, 2014