Sen. John McCain
Republican • Arizona • 7th Term • Sworn In 1983
- 7 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 86 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 19 of 100)
- 81 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 91 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 80 of 100)
McCain was born August 29, 1936 in Coco Solo in the U.S controlled Panama Canal Zone. After high school graduation in 1954, McCain entered the United States Naval Academy and graduated in 1958. McCain became a Captain in the United States Navy. On October 26, 1967, McCain was shot down over Vietnam, and was held as a prisoner of war in Hanoi for five-and-a-half years, mostly in the infamous Hanoi Hilton. He was released from captivity in 1973. He was honorably discharged upon his retirement from the Navy in 1981.
During his military career he received a Silver Star Medal, a Bronze Star Medal, the Legion of Merit, the Purple Heart, and a Distinguished Flying Cross (USA). Official Senate Biography Read More...
- Today: 24
- Past Seven Days: 116
- All-Time: 114,998
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Emerging Threats and Capabilities
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- African Affairs
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Financial and Contracting Oversight
- Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.343Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Feb 04, 2014 5 Views
A resolution establishing a Select Committee of the Senate to make a full and thorough investigation of the unauthorized disclosures of appare...
S.1851 - Empowering Patients First Act of 2013Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Dec 18, 2013 6 Views
A bill to provide for incentives to encourage health insurance coverage, and for other purposes.
S.Res.193Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jul 10, 2013 10 Views
A resolution honoring the fallen heroes of the Granite Mountain Interagency Hotshot Crew.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.370Referred to the Committee Mar 05, 2014 12 Views
A resolution supporting the territorial integrity of Ukraine and condemning Russian military aggression in Ukraine.
S.2048 - Encouraging Trade and Investment from New Zealand ActSponsor introductory remarks on measure Feb 26, 2014 14 Views
A bill to include New Zealand in the list of foreign states whose nationals are eligible for admission into the United States as E-1 and E-2 n...
S.Res.355Referred to the Committee Feb 12, 2014 16 Views
A resolution calling on the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan to cease the extra-judicial release of Afghan detainees, carry o...
Recent Voting History
S. 1917: Victims Protection Act of 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1917Aye (with party)March 06, 2014
S. 1752: Military Justice Improvement Act of 2013
On the Cloture Motion S. 1752Nay (with party)March 06, 2014
On the Nomination PN1106: Rose Eilene Gottemoeller, of Virginia, to be Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International SecurityNay (with party)March 06, 2014