Sen. Mark Pryor
Democrat • Arkansas • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2003
- 34 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 35 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 29 of 99)
- 161 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 68 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 36 of 100)
Pryor was born January 10, 1963 in Fayetteville, Arkansas. He earned his B.A in History from the University of Arkansas in 1985 and his J.D. from the University of Arkansas in 1988. He worked as an attorney in private practice for more than ten years before being elected to office. He was a member of the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1991-1998 and served as the Arkansas Attorney General from 1999-2002. He was a delegate to the Democratic National Convention in 2000. He is the son of former Senator and governor David Pryor.
Pryor defeated incumbent Republican Tim Hutchinson in 2002 to gain his seat. He was the only Democrat to defeat a Republican incumbent in that election cycle. Read More...
- Today: 7
- Past Seven Days: 40
- All-Time: 41,105
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Department of Defense
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Financial and Contracting Oversight
- Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
- the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Federal Programs and the Federal Workforce
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2491 - Medicare Protection ActRead the second time Jun 19, 2014 4 Views
A bill to protect the Medicare program under title XVIII of the Social Security Act with respect to reconciliation involving changes to the Me...
S.2467 - Continuing Care for Veterans Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 12, 2014 7 Views
A bill to prohibit the Secretary of Veterans Affairs from altering available health care and wait times for appointments for health care for c...
S.2396 - Veteran Entrepreneurship and Training Opportunities Act of 2014Read twice and referred May 22, 2014 2 Views
A bill to establish the veterans' business outreach center program, to improve the programs for veterans of the Small Business Administration,...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2569Read the second time Jul 09, 2014 14 Views
A bill to provide an incentive for businesses to bring jobs back to America.
S.Res.496Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jul 07, 2014 20 Views
A resolution relative to the death of the Honorable Alan John Dixon, former United States Senator for the State of Illinois.
S.Res.494Message on Senate action sent Jun 30, 2014 18 Views
A resolution relative to the death of Howard H. Baker, Jr., former United States Senator for the State of Tennessee.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1736: Julian Castro, of Texas, to be Secretary of Housing and Urban DevelopmentAye (with party)July 09, 2014
S. 2363: Bipartisan Sportsmen's Act of 2014
On Cloture on the Motion to Proceed S. 2363Aye (with party)July 07, 2014
On the Nomination PN1397: Cheryl Ann Krause, of New Jersey, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Third CircuitAye (with party)July 07, 2014