Sen. Mark Pryor
Democrat • Arkansas • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2003
- 20 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 40 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 99)
- 92 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 72 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 7 of 100)
Pryor was born January 10, 1963 in Fayetteville, Arkansas. He earned his B.A in History from the University of Arkansas in 1985 and his J.D. from the University of Arkansas in 1988. He worked as an attorney in private practice for more than ten years before being elected to office. He was a member of the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1991-1998 and served as the Arkansas Attorney General from 1999-2002. He was a delegate to the Democratic National Convention in 2000. He is the son of former Senator and governor David Pryor.
Pryor defeated incumbent Republican Tim Hutchinson in 2002 to gain his seat. He was the only Democrat to defeat a Republican incumbent in that election cycle. Read More...
- Today: 13
- Past Seven Days: 57
- All-Time: 39,723
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Department of Defense
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Competitiveness, Innovation, and Export Promotion
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Financial and Contracting Oversight
- Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
- the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Federal Programs and the Federal Workforce
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.1722 - National Child Protection Training ActRead twice and referred Nov 19, 2013 25 Views
A bill to improve the training of child protection professionals.
S.1634 - Hunter and Farmer Protection Act of 2013Read twice and referred Oct 31, 2013 4 Views
A bill to amend the Migratory Bird Treaty Act to provide certain exemptions relating to the taking of migratory game birds.
S.1625 - Drug Free Commercial Driver Act of 2013Read twice and referred Oct 30, 2013 4 Views
A bill to amend section 31306 of title 49, United States Code, to recognize hair as an alternative specimen for preemployment and random contr...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.1772 - Public Good IRA Rollover Act of 2013Read twice and referred Nov 21, 2013 2 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to expand tax-free distributions from individual retirement accounts for charitable purposes.
S.Res.309Referred to the Committee Nov 21, 2013 31 Views
A resolution expressing support for improvement in the collection, processing, and consumption of recyclable materials throughout the United S...
S.1739Read twice and referred Nov 20, 2013 7 Views
A bill to modify the efficiency standards for grid-enabled water heaters.
Recent Voting History
On the Concurrent Resolution S.Con.Res. 28Aye (with party)November 21, 2013
S. 1197: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1197Aye (with party)November 21, 2013
On the Cloture Motion PN527: Patricia Ann Millett, of Virginia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia CircuitAye (with party)November 21, 2013