Sen. Mark Pryor
Democrat • Arkansas • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2003
- 36 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 35 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 29 of 100)
- 168 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 69 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 36 of 100)
Pryor was born January 10, 1963 in Fayetteville, Arkansas. He earned his B.A in History from the University of Arkansas in 1985 and his J.D. from the University of Arkansas in 1988. He worked as an attorney in private practice for more than ten years before being elected to office. He was a member of the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1991-1998 and served as the Arkansas Attorney General from 1999-2002. He was a delegate to the Democratic National Convention in 2000. He is the son of former Senator and governor David Pryor.
Pryor defeated incumbent Republican Tim Hutchinson in 2002 to gain his seat. He was the only Democrat to defeat a Republican incumbent in that election cycle. Read More...
- Today: 10
- Past Seven Days: 45
- All-Time: 41,196
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Department of Defense
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Financial and Contracting Oversight
- Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
- the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Federal Programs and the Federal Workforce
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.518Referred to the Committee Jul 24, 2014 3 Views
A resolution designating the week of October 12 through October 18, 2014, as "National Case Management Week" to recognize the role of case man...
S.2634Read twice and referred Jul 22, 2014 7 Views
A bill to provide tax relief for major disaster areas declared in 2012, 2013, and 2014, and for other purposes.
S.Con.Res.39Referred to the Committee Jul 10, 2014 3 Views
A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress regarding support for voluntary, incentive-based, private land conservation implement...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.511Referred to the Committee Jul 22, 2014 8 Views
A resolution establishing best business practices to fully utilize the potential of the United States.
S.2607 - Assisted Living Pilot Program for Veterans with Traumatic Brain Injury Extension ActSponsor introductory remarks on measure Jul 15, 2014 19 Views
A bill to extend and modify the pilot program of the Department of Veterans Affairs on assisted living services for veterans with traumatic br...
S.2609 - Marketplace and Internet Tax Fairness ActRead the second time Jul 16, 2014 22 Views
A bill to restore States' sovereign rights to enforce State and local sales and use tax laws, and for other purposes.
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1696: Pamela Harris, of Maryland, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Fourth CircuitAye (with party)July 24, 2014
S. 2569: Bring Jobs Home Act
On the Cloture Motion S. 2569Aye (with party)July 23, 2014
On the Nomination PN1516: John W. deGravelles, of Louisiana, to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of LouisianaAye (with party)July 22, 2014