Sen. Mark Pryor
Democrat • Arkansas • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2003
- 40 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 31 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 29 of 100)
- 170 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 70 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 36 of 100)
Pryor was born January 10, 1963 in Fayetteville, Arkansas. He earned his B.A in History from the University of Arkansas in 1985 and his J.D. from the University of Arkansas in 1988. He worked as an attorney in private practice for more than ten years before being elected to office. He was a member of the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1991-1998 and served as the Arkansas Attorney General from 1999-2002. He was a delegate to the Democratic National Convention in 2000. He is the son of former Senator and governor David Pryor.
Pryor defeated incumbent Republican Tim Hutchinson in 2002 to gain his seat. He was the only Democrat to defeat a Republican incumbent in that election cycle. Read More...
- Today: 13
- Past Seven Days: 55
- All-Time: 41,241
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Department of Defense
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Financial and Contracting Oversight
- Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
- the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Federal Programs and the Federal Workforce
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2735Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 1 Views
A bill to provide for an extension of the Internet Tax Freedom Act.
S.2729Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 2 Views
A bill to amend the Endangered Species Act of 1973 to require the Secretary of the Interior to publish and make available for public comment a...
S.2680Read twice and referred Jul 29, 2014 2 Views
A bill to direct the Secretary of Commerce to establish a voluntary program under which manufacturers may have products certified as meeting t...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2757Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 2 Views
A bill to invest in innovation through research and development, to improve the competitiveness of the United States, and for other purposes.
S.2758Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 2 Views
A bill to authorize the Secretary of the Air Force to modernize C-130 aircraft using alternative communication, navigation, surveillance, and ...
S.2673 - United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act of 2014Read the second time Jul 29, 2014 21 Views
A bill to enhance the strategic partnership between the United States and Israel.
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1180: Jill A. Pryor, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitAye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On the Motion (Motion to Recede in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 5021)Aye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 3230: Veterans' Access to Care through Choice, Accountability, and Transparency Act of 2014
On the Conference Report H.R. 3230Aye (with party)July 31, 2014