Sen. Mark Pryor
Democrat • Arkansas • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2003
- 29 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 34 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 19 of 99)
- 114 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 73 of 100) 2 Made Into Law (Ranks 13 of 100)
Pryor was born January 10, 1963 in Fayetteville, Arkansas. He earned his B.A in History from the University of Arkansas in 1985 and his J.D. from the University of Arkansas in 1988. He worked as an attorney in private practice for more than ten years before being elected to office. He was a member of the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1991-1998 and served as the Arkansas Attorney General from 1999-2002. He was a delegate to the Democratic National Convention in 2000. He is the son of former Senator and governor David Pryor.
Pryor defeated incumbent Republican Tim Hutchinson in 2002 to gain his seat. He was the only Democrat to defeat a Republican incumbent in that election cycle. Read More...
- Today: 12
- Past Seven Days: 46
- All-Time: 40,375
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Department of Defense
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Competitiveness, Innovation, and Export Promotion
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Financial and Contracting Oversight
- Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
- the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Federal Programs and the Federal Workforce
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2087Read twice and referred Mar 06, 2014 16 Views
A bill to protect the Medicare program under title XVIII of the Social Security Act with respect to reconciliation involving changes to the Me...
S.2084Read twice and referred Mar 05, 2014 13 Views
A bill to amend the Endangered Species Act of 1973 to require the Secretary of the Interior to publish and make available for public comment a...
S.2002 - Motor Systems Market Awareness Act of 2014Read twice and referred Feb 06, 2014 2 Views
A bill to require the Secretary of Energy to conduct a motor and motor-driven systems market assessment and public awareness program, and for ...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2094Read twice and referred Mar 06, 2014 18 Views
A bill to provide for the establishment of nationally uniform and environmentally sound standards governing discharges incidental to the norma...
S.2055 - Corps of Engineers Cooperative Joint Management Restoration ActRead twice and referred Feb 27, 2014 12 Views
A bill to allow for the collection of certain user fees by non-Federal entities.
S.Res.368Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Feb 27, 2014 28 Views
A resolution designating February 28, 2014, as "Rare Disease Day".
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1204: Linda Vivienne Parker, of Michigan, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of MichiganAye (with party)March 12, 2014
On the Nomination PN1202: Laurie J. Michelson, of Michigan, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of MichiganAye (with party)March 12, 2014
On the Nomination PN1201: Judith Ellen Levy, of Michigan, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of MichiganAye (with party)March 12, 2014