Sen. Charles Schumer
Democrat • New York • 3rd Term • Sworn In 1999
- 61 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 9 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 31 of 100)
- 283 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 17 of 100) 5 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 100)
- Today: 28
- Past Seven Days: 144
- All-Time: 111,178
- Joint Committee on Printing
- Joint Committee on the Library
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Finance
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Social Security, Pensions, and Family Policy
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Crime and Terrorism
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- Privacy, Technology and the Law
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2811Read twice and referred Sep 15, 2014 5 Views
A bill to prohibit the distribution in commerce of children's products and upholstered furniture containing certain flame retardants, and for ...
S.2793Read twice and referred Sep 11, 2014 13 Views
A bill to authorize the award of the Medal of Honor to Henry Johnson.
S.2786Read twice and referred Sep 10, 2014 22 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to prevent earnings stripping of domestic corporations which are members of a worldwide grou...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.547Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Sep 16, 2014 1 Views
A resolution designating the week beginning September 14, 2014, as National Hispanic-Serving Institutions Week.
S.Res.545Referred to the Committee Sep 15, 2014 3 Views
A resolution recognizing Hispanic Heritage Month and celebrating the heritage and culture of Latinos in the United States and the immense cont...
S.2784 - Rail Safety Improvement Act of 2014Read twice and referred Sep 10, 2014 13 Views
A bill to direct the Secretary of Transportation to carry out activities to improve rail safety, and for other purposes.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1931: Stephen G. Burns, of Maryland, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the term of five years expiring June 30, 2019Aye (with party)September 16, 2014
On the Nomination PN1930: Jeffery Martin Baran, of Virginia, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the remainder of the term expiring June 30, 2015Aye (with party)September 16, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1931: Stephen G. Burns, of Maryland, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the term of five years expiring June 30, 2019Aye (with party)September 15, 2014