Sen. Charles Schumer
Democrat • New York • 3rd Term • Sworn In 1999
- 60 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 11 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 31 of 100)
- 281 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 17 of 100) 5 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 100)
- Today: 32
- Past Seven Days: 141
- All-Time: 111,157
- Joint Committee on Printing
- Joint Committee on the Library
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Finance
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Social Security, Pensions, and Family Policy
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Crime and Terrorism
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- Privacy, Technology and the Law
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2793Read twice and referred Sep 11, 2014 13 Views
A bill to authorize the award of the Medal of Honor to Henry Johnson.
S.2786Read twice and referred Sep 10, 2014 19 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to prevent earnings stripping of domestic corporations which are members of a worldwide grou...
S.2774 - Boating Capacity Standards Act of 2013Read twice and referred Aug 01, 2014 6 Views
A bill to require all recreational vessels to have and to post passenger capacity limits and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2784 - Rail Safety Improvement Act of 2014Read twice and referred Sep 10, 2014 12 Views
A bill to direct the Secretary of Transportation to carry out activities to improve rail safety, and for other purposes.
S.Res.539Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Sep 09, 2014 35 Views
A resolution relative to the death of James M. Jeffords, former United States Senator for the State of Vermont.
S.Res.536Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Aug 01, 2014 15 Views
A resolution designating September 2014 as "National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month".
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1931: Stephen G. Burns, of Maryland, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the term of five years expiring June 30, 2019Aye (with party)September 15, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1930: Jeffery Martin Baran, of Virginia, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the remainder of the term expiring June 30, 2015Aye (with party)September 15, 2014
S. 2199: Paycheck Fairness Act
On the Cloture Motion S. 2199Aye (with party)September 15, 2014