Sen. Jeff Flake
Republican • Arizona • 1st Term • Sworn In 2013
- 19 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 76 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 31 of 100)
- 136 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 91 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 90 of 100)
Flake was born December 31, 1962 in Snowflake, Arizona (named for his great-great-grandfather). He was educated at Brigham Young University and was a Mormon missionary in Africa, Executive Director of the Foundation for Democracy in Namibia, and Executive Director of the Goldwater Institute before entering the House.http://www.house.gov/flake/biography.htm
He was elected to what was then the 1st District in 2000 after incumbent Republican Matt Salmon stepped down to honor a self-imposed term limit. His district was renumbered the 6th after Arizona gained two seats in the 2000 census. Read More...
- Today: 8
- Past Seven Days: 49
- All-Time: 45,522
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
- Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- African Affairs
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- Oversight, Federal Rights and Agency Action
- Privacy, Technology and the Law
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2772 - Secure the Southwest Border Act of 2014Read the second time Aug 01, 2014 8 Views
A bill making supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2014, and for other purposes.
S.2533 - Agency PAYGO for Greenhouse Gases ActRead twice and referred Jun 26, 2014 1 Views
A bill to require the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency to include in any proposed rule that limits greenhouse gas emission...
S.2526 - Commonsense Legislative Exceptional Events Reforms Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 25, 2014 2 Views
A bill to amend the Clean Air Act with respect to exceptional event demonstrations, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2833Read twice and referred Sep 17, 2014 2 Views
A bill to improve the establishment of any lower ground-level ozone standards, and for other purposes.
S.2809Read twice and referred Sep 15, 2014 7 Views
A bill to require the Environmental Protection Agency to obtain a court order to garnish wages to pay a nontax debt.
S.Res.541Referred to the Committee Sep 10, 2014 17 Views
A resolution recognizing the severe threat that the Ebola outbreak in West Africa poses to populations, governments, and economies across Afri...
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1738: John R. Bass, of New York, to be Ambassador to the Republic of TurkeyAye (with party)September 17, 2014
On the Nomination PN1931: Stephen G. Burns, of Maryland, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the term of five years expiring June 30, 2019Nay (with party)September 16, 2014
On the Nomination PN1930: Jeffery Martin Baran, of Virginia, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the remainder of the term expiring June 30, 2015Nay (with party)September 16, 2014