Sen. Jeff Flake
Republican • Arizona • 1st Term • Sworn In 2013
- 19 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 75 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 31 of 100)
- 133 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 91 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 90 of 100)
Flake was born December 31, 1962 in Snowflake, Arizona (named for his great-great-grandfather). He was educated at Brigham Young University and was a Mormon missionary in Africa, Executive Director of the Foundation for Democracy in Namibia, and Executive Director of the Goldwater Institute before entering the House.http://www.house.gov/flake/biography.htm
He was elected to what was then the 1st District in 2000 after incumbent Republican Matt Salmon stepped down to honor a self-imposed term limit. His district was renumbered the 6th after Arizona gained two seats in the 2000 census. Read More...
- Today: 6
- Past Seven Days: 38
- All-Time: 45,342
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
- Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- African Affairs
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- Oversight, Federal Rights and Agency Action
- Privacy, Technology and the Law
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2772 - Secure the Southwest Border Act of 2014Read the second time Aug 01, 2014 17 Views
A bill making supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2014, and for other purposes.
S.2533 - Agency PAYGO for Greenhouse Gases ActRead twice and referred Jun 26, 2014 2 Views
A bill to require the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency to include in any proposed rule that limits greenhouse gas emission...
S.2526 - Commonsense Legislative Exceptional Events Reforms Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 25, 2014 2 Views
A bill to amend the Clean Air Act with respect to exceptional event demonstrations, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2768 - Emergency Fuel Reduction Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 4 Views
A bill to amend the Healthy Forests Restoration Act of 2003 to expand the use of categorical exclusions for hazardous fuel reduction projects.
S.2743 - Protecting Children and America's Homeland Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 10 Views
A bill making supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2014, for border security, law enforcement, humanitarian as...
S.2670 - Keep the Promise Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 28, 2014 13 Views
A bill to prohibit gaming activities on certain Indian land in Arizona until the expiration of certain gaming compacts.
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1180: Jill A. Pryor, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitNay (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On the Motion (Motion to Recede in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 5021)Nay (against party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 3230: Veterans' Access to Care through Choice, Accountability, and Transparency Act of 2014
On the Conference Report H.R. 3230Aye (with party)July 31, 2014