Sen. Jeff Flake
Republican • Arizona • 1st Term • Sworn In 2013
- 18 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 71 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 29 of 99)
- 123 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 90 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 83 of 100)
Flake was born December 31, 1962 in Snowflake, Arizona (named for his great-great-grandfather). He was educated at Brigham Young University and was a Mormon missionary in Africa, Executive Director of the Foundation for Democracy in Namibia, and Executive Director of the Goldwater Institute before entering the House.http://www.house.gov/flake/biography.htm
He was elected to what was then the 1st District in 2000 after incumbent Republican Matt Salmon stepped down to honor a self-imposed term limit. His district was renumbered the 6th after Arizona gained two seats in the 2000 census. Read More...
- Today: 8
- Past Seven Days: 46
- All-Time: 45,079
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
- Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- African Affairs
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- Oversight, Federal Rights and Agency Action
- Privacy, Technology and the Law
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2533 - Agency PAYGO for Greenhouse Gases ActRead twice and referred Jun 26, 2014 12 Views
A bill to require the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency to include in any proposed rule that limits greenhouse gas emission...
S.2526 - Commonsense Legislative Exceptional Events Reforms Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 25, 2014 4 Views
A bill to amend the Clean Air Act with respect to exceptional event demonstrations, and for other purposes.
S.2514 - ORDEAL Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 24, 2014 8 Views
A bill to amend the Clean Air Act to delay the review and revision of the national ambient air quality standards for ozone.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2593Read twice and referred Jul 10, 2014 6 Views
A bill to amend the FLAME Act of 2009 to provide for additional wildfire suppression activities, to provide for the conduct of certain forest ...
S.Res.496Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jul 07, 2014 26 Views
A resolution relative to the death of the Honorable Alan John Dixon, former United States Senator for the State of Illinois.
S.Res.494Message on Senate action sent Jun 30, 2014 18 Views
A resolution relative to the death of Howard H. Baker, Jr., former United States Senator for the State of Tennessee.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1737: Shaun L. S. Donovan, of New York, to be Director of the Office of Management and BudgetAye (with party)July 10, 2014
S. 2363: Bipartisan Sportsmen's Act of 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 2363Nay (with party)July 10, 2014
On the Nomination PN1736: Julian Castro, of Texas, to be Secretary of Housing and Urban DevelopmentNay (with party)July 09, 2014