Sen. Jeff Flake
Republican • Arizona • 7th Term • Sworn In 2001
- 13 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 76 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 24 of 100)
- 102 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 89 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 56 of 100)
Flake was born December 31, 1962 in Snowflake, Arizona (named for his great-great-grandfather). He was educated at Brigham Young University and was a Mormon missionary in Africa, Executive Director of the Foundation for Democracy in Namibia, and Executive Director of the Goldwater Institute before entering the House.http://www.house.gov/flake/biography.htm
He was elected to what was then the 1st District in 2000 after incumbent Republican Matt Salmon stepped down to honor a self-imposed term limit. His district was renumbered the 6th after Arizona gained two seats in the 2000 census. Read More...
- Today: 7
- Past Seven Days: 44
- All-Time: 44,544
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
- Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- African Affairs
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- Oversight, Federal Rights and Agency Action
- Privacy, Technology and the Law
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2104 - National Park Access ActRead twice and referred Mar 11, 2014 5 Views
A bill to require the Director of the National Park Service to refund to States all State funds that were used to reopen and temporarily opera...
S.2011 - Stop Targeting of Political Beliefs by the IRS Act of 2014Read twice and referred Feb 11, 2014 9 Views
A bill to prohibit the Internal Revenue Service from modifying the standard for determining whether an organization is operated exclusively fo...
S.1915 - ReLIEF ActRead twice and referred Jan 13, 2014 6 Views
A bill to permit health insurance issuers to offer additional plan options to individuals.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.413Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar Apr 11, 2014 26 Views
A resolution recognizing 20 years since the genocide in Rwanda, and affirming it is in the national interest of the United States to work in c...
S.Res.407Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Mar 31, 2014 12 Views
A resolution honoring former Senator and Rear Admiral Jeremiah Andrew Denton, Jr.
S.2161 - EPA Employment Impact Analysis ActRead twice and referred Mar 26, 2014 15 Views
A bill to prohibit the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency from issuing any final rule under the Clean Air Act until the date...
Recent Voting History
On the Motion for Attendance PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitNay (with party)April 10, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitNay (with party)April 10, 2014
On the Nomination PN1063: Terrell McSweeny, of the District of Columbia, to be a Federal Trade Commissioner for the unexpired term of seven years from September 26, 2010Aye (with party)April 09, 2014