Sen. Jeff Flake
Republican • Arizona • 1st Term • Sworn In 2013
- 20 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 77 of 98) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 51 of 98)
- 142 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 91 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 85 of 100)
Flake was born December 31, 1962 in Snowflake, Arizona (named for his great-great-grandfather). He was educated at Brigham Young University and was a Mormon missionary in Africa, Executive Director of the Foundation for Democracy in Namibia, and Executive Director of the Goldwater Institute before entering the House.http://www.house.gov/flake/biography.htm
He was elected to what was then the 1st District in 2000 after incumbent Republican Matt Salmon stepped down to honor a self-imposed term limit. His district was renumbered the 6th after Arizona gained two seats in the 2000 census. Read More...
- Today: 3
- Past Seven Days: 51
- All-Time: 46,287
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
- Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- African Affairs
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- Oversight, Federal Rights and Agency Action
- Privacy, Technology and the Law
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2863 - Transparency in Education ActRead twice and referred Sep 18, 2014 4 Views
A bill to require the Secretary of Education to complete a data analysis on the impact of the proposed rule on gainful employment prior to iss...
S.2772 - Secure the Southwest Border Act of 2014Read the second time Aug 01, 2014 2 Views
A bill making supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2014, and for other purposes.
S.2533 - Agency PAYGO for Greenhouse Gases ActRead twice and referred Jun 26, 2014 0 Views
A bill to require the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency to include in any proposed rule that limits greenhouse gas emission...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2946 - Senator Paul Simon Water for the World Act of 2014Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar Dec 08, 2014 6 Views
A bill to provide improved water, sanitation, and hygiene programs for high priority developing countries, and for other purposes.
S.2930 - Clay Hunt Suicide Prevention for American Veterans ActRead twice and referred Nov 17, 2014 14 Views
A bill to direct the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to provide for the conduct of an evaluation of mental health c...
S.2833 - Clean Air, Strong Economies ActRead twice and referred Sep 17, 2014 18 Views
A bill to improve the establishment of any lower ground-level ozone standards, and for other purposes.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriNay (with party)December 16, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriNay (with party)December 16, 2014
H.R. 5771: Tax Technical Corrections Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5771Nay (against party)December 16, 2014