Sen. Mark Kirk
Republican • Illinois • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2010
- 39 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 32 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 29 of 100)
- 245 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 28 of 100) 6 Made Into Law (Ranks 4 of 100)
Kirk was born on September 15, 1959 in Champaign, Illinois. He attended the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Cornell University, received a Masters Degree from the London School of Economics, and a Juris Doctor degree from the Jesuit-run Georgetown University.
He serves as an officer in the United States Naval Reserves and was named Intelligence Officer of the Year in 1999 for his service in Kosovo. Kirk was a lawyer, a staff member for Representative John Edward Porter, a special assistant at the Department of State, and a staff member for the House International Relations Committee before entering the House. Read More...
- Today: 12
- Past Seven Days: 91
- All-Time: 45,224
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2667Read twice and referred Jul 24, 2014 7 Views
A bill to prohibit the exercise of any waiver of the imposition of certain sanctions with respect to Iran unless the President certifies to Co...
S.2586 - Medicare Common Access Card Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 10, 2014 12 Views
A bill to establish a smart card pilot program under the Medicare program.
S.2585 - Iran Human Rights Accountability Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 10, 2014 13 Views
A bill to impose additional sanctions with respect to Iran to protect against human rights abuses in Iran, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.512Referred to the Committee Jul 23, 2014 15 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding the Environmental Protection Agency and the proposed rules and guidelines relating t...
S.Res.513Referred to the Committee Jul 23, 2014 7 Views
A resolution honoring the 70th anniversary of the Warsaw Uprising.
S.2649Read twice and referred Jul 23, 2014 12 Views
A bill to provide certain legal relief from politically motivated charges by the Government of Egypt.
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1696: Pamela Harris, of Maryland, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Fourth CircuitNay (with party)July 24, 2014
S. 2569: Bring Jobs Home Act
On the Cloture Motion S. 2569Aye (with party)July 23, 2014
On the Nomination PN1516: John W. deGravelles, of Louisiana, to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of LouisianaAye (with party)July 22, 2014