Sen. Mark Kirk
Republican • Illinois • 7th Term • Sworn In 2001
- 29 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 34 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 19 of 100)
- 160 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 42 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 6 of 100)
Kirk was born on September 15, 1959 in Champaign, Illinois. He attended the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Cornell University, received a Masters Degree from the London School of Economics, and a Juris Doctor degree from the Jesuit-run Georgetown University.
He serves as an officer in the United States Naval Reserves and was named Intelligence Officer of the Year in 1999 for his service in Kosovo. Kirk was a lawyer, a staff member for Representative John Edward Porter, a special assistant at the Department of State, and a staff member for the House International Relations Committee before entering the House. Read More...
- Today: 20
- Past Seven Days: 69
- All-Time: 44,008
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2050Read twice and referred Feb 27, 2014 18 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the national limitation amount for qualified highway or surface freight transfer...
S.2051 - Highway Innovative Financing Act of 2014Read twice and referred Feb 27, 2014 15 Views
A bill to provide States with greater flexibility in innovative highway financing.
S.2029 - All Year School Study ActRead twice and referred Feb 12, 2014 58 Views
A bill to use amounts provided for the Fund for the Improvement of Education to establish a pilot program that supports year-round public elem...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2097Introduced in the Senate Mar 06, 2014 19 Views
A bill to provide for the extension of certain unemployment benefits, and for other purposes.
S.Res.376Referred to the Committee Mar 06, 2014 6 Views
A resolution supporting the goals of International Women's Day.
S.Res.371Referred to the Committee Mar 05, 2014 6 Views
A resolution honoring the legacy of Jan Karski by designating April 24, 2014, as "Jan Karski Day".
Recent Voting History
S. 1917: Victims Protection Act of 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1917Aye (with party)March 06, 2014
S. 1752: Military Justice Improvement Act of 2013
On the Cloture Motion S. 1752Nay (with party)March 06, 2014
On the Nomination PN1106: Rose Eilene Gottemoeller, of Virginia, to be Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International SecurityNay (with party)March 06, 2014