Sen. Mark Kirk
Republican • Illinois • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2010
- 46 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 30 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 35 of 100)
- 260 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 29 of 100) 8 Made Into Law (Ranks 4 of 100)
Kirk was born on September 15, 1959 in Champaign, Illinois. He attended the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Cornell University, received a Masters Degree from the London School of Economics, and a Juris Doctor degree from the Jesuit-run Georgetown University.
He serves as an officer in the United States Naval Reserves and was named Intelligence Officer of the Year in 1999 for his service in Kosovo. Kirk was a lawyer, a staff member for Representative John Edward Porter, a special assistant at the Department of State, and a staff member for the House International Relations Committee before entering the House. Read More...
- Today: 16
- Past Seven Days: 78
- All-Time: 46,410
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.587Referred to the Committee Nov 20, 2014 18 Views
A resolution encouraging reunions of Korean-Americans who were divided by the Korean War from their relatives in North Korea.
S.2892 - 401(Kids) Education Savings Account Act of 2014Read twice and referred Sep 18, 2014 1 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to improve and expand Coverdell education savings accounts.
S.Res.563Referred to the Committee Sep 18, 2014 2 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that the President should pursue extradition authority for international cybercriminals commit...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.591Referred to the Committee Nov 20, 2014 23 Views
A resolution supporting the goals and ideals of American Education Week.
S.2953Read twice and referred Nov 20, 2014 19 Views
A bill to prohibit an alien who is a national of a country with a widespread Ebola virus outbreak from obtaining a visa and for other purposes.
S.Res.586Referred to the Committee Nov 20, 2014 14 Views
A resolution calling on the Government of Burma to develop a non-discriminatory and comprehensive solution that addresses Rakhine State's need...
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1230: Leigh Martin May, of Georgia, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of GeorgiaNay (with party)November 12, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1552: Randolph D. Moss, of Maryland, to be United States District Judge for the District of ColumbiaNay (with party)November 12, 2014
H.J.Res. 124: Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
On the Cloture Motion H.J.Res. 124Aye (with party)September 18, 2014