Sen. Mark Kirk
Republican • Illinois • 7th Term • Sworn In 2001
- 31 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 34 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 22 of 100)
- 193 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 31 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 4 of 100)
Kirk was born on September 15, 1959 in Champaign, Illinois. He attended the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Cornell University, received a Masters Degree from the London School of Economics, and a Juris Doctor degree from the Jesuit-run Georgetown University.
He serves as an officer in the United States Naval Reserves and was named Intelligence Officer of the Year in 1999 for his service in Kosovo. Kirk was a lawyer, a staff member for Representative John Edward Porter, a special assistant at the Department of State, and a staff member for the House International Relations Committee before entering the House. Read More...
- Today: 8
- Past Seven Days: 46
- All-Time: 44,273
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2208 - Money Remittances Improvement Act of 2014Read twice and referred Apr 03, 2014 5 Views
A bill to allow the Secretary of the Treasury to rely on State examinations for certain financial institutions, and for other purposes.
S.2155 - Maximizing Spectrum Efficiency and Value Act of 2014Read twice and referred Mar 25, 2014 4 Views
A bill to amend the National Telecommunications and Information Administration Organization Act to create a Federal Spectrum Reallocation Comm...
S.2050Read twice and referred Feb 27, 2014 4 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the national limitation amount for qualified highway or surface freight transfer...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2238Read twice and referred Apr 10, 2014 25 Views
A bill to ensure that the United States Government in no way recognizes Russia's annexation of Crimea.
S.2250Read twice and referred Apr 10, 2014 26 Views
A bill to extend the Travel Promotion Act of 2009, and for other purposes.
S.2252Read twice and referred Apr 10, 2014 24 Views
A bill to reaffirm the importance of community banking and community banking regulatory experience on the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, ...
Recent Voting History
On the Motion for Attendance PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitNay (with party)April 10, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitNay (with party)April 10, 2014
On the Nomination PN1063: Terrell McSweeny, of the District of Columbia, to be a Federal Trade Commissioner for the unexpired term of seven years from September 26, 2010Aye (with party)April 09, 2014