Sen. Mark Kirk
Republican • Illinois • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2010
- 47 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 29 of 98) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 41 of 98)
- 277 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 24 of 100) 10 Made Into Law (Ranks 2 of 100)
Kirk was born on September 15, 1959 in Champaign, Illinois. He attended the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Cornell University, received a Masters Degree from the London School of Economics, and a Juris Doctor degree from the Jesuit-run Georgetown University.
He serves as an officer in the United States Naval Reserves and was named Intelligence Officer of the Year in 1999 for his service in Kosovo. Kirk was a lawyer, a staff member for Representative John Edward Porter, a special assistant at the Department of State, and a staff member for the House International Relations Committee before entering the House. Read More...
- Today: 14
- Past Seven Days: 93
- All-Time: 46,625
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.587Referred to the Committee Nov 20, 2014 5 Views
A resolution encouraging reunions of Korean-Americans who were divided by the Korean War from their relatives in North Korea.
S.2892 - 401(Kids) Education Savings Account Act of 2014Read twice and referred Sep 18, 2014 7 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to improve and expand Coverdell education savings accounts.
S.Res.563Referred to the Committee Sep 18, 2014 7 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that the President should pursue extradition authority for international cybercriminals commit...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.601Read twice and referred Dec 12, 2014 21 Views
A resolution recognizing 35 years of cooperation in science and technology between the United States and the People's Republic of China.
S.Res.594Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Dec 04, 2014 17 Views
A resolution celebrating the centennial year of the birth of Jan Karski and honoring his extraordinary and courageous life.
S.2980 - Ensuring Equal Access to Treatments Act of 2014Read twice and referred Dec 04, 2014 12 Views
A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to modify payment under the Medicare program for outpatient department procedures that ...
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriAbstain (against party)December 16, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriAbstain (against party)December 16, 2014
H.R. 5771: Tax Technical Corrections Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5771Abstain (against party)December 16, 2014