Sen. Mark Kirk
Republican • Illinois • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2010
- 44 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 30 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 31 of 100)
- 251 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 28 of 100) 7 Made Into Law (Ranks 4 of 100)
Kirk was born on September 15, 1959 in Champaign, Illinois. He attended the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Cornell University, received a Masters Degree from the London School of Economics, and a Juris Doctor degree from the Jesuit-run Georgetown University.
He serves as an officer in the United States Naval Reserves and was named Intelligence Officer of the Year in 1999 for his service in Kosovo. Kirk was a lawyer, a staff member for Representative John Edward Porter, a special assistant at the Department of State, and a staff member for the House International Relations Committee before entering the House. Read More...
- Today: 10
- Past Seven Days: 78
- All-Time: 45,540
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2750 - Airport Public-Private Partnership Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 6 Views
A bill to encourage investments in airports through public-private partnerships, and for other purposes.
S.2765 - SBIC Advisers Relief Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 19 Views
A bill to amend the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 to prevent duplicative regulation of advisers of small business investment companies.
S.2747 - Small Business Regulatory Sunset Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 13 Views
A bill to require Federal agencies to review certain rules and regulations, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2709 - Export-Import Bank Reauthorization Act of 2014Read the second time Jul 31, 2014 5 Views
A bill to extend and reauthorize the Export-Import Bank of the United States, and for other purposes.
S.Res.530Referred to the Committee Jul 30, 2014 13 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate on the current situation in Iraq and the urgent need to protect religious minorities from pers...
S.2690 - Protecting Student Privacy Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 3 Views
A bill to amend the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 to ensure that student data handled by private companies is protected, a...
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1180: Jill A. Pryor, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitNay (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On the Motion (Motion to Recede in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 5021)Aye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 3230: Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014
On the Conference Report H.R. 3230Aye (with party)July 31, 2014