Sen. Mark Kirk
Republican • Illinois • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2010
- 36 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 34 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 29 of 99)
- 236 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 28 of 100) 6 Made Into Law (Ranks 4 of 100)
Kirk was born on September 15, 1959 in Champaign, Illinois. He attended the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Cornell University, received a Masters Degree from the London School of Economics, and a Juris Doctor degree from the Jesuit-run Georgetown University.
He serves as an officer in the United States Naval Reserves and was named Intelligence Officer of the Year in 1999 for his service in Kosovo. Kirk was a lawyer, a staff member for Representative John Edward Porter, a special assistant at the Department of State, and a staff member for the House International Relations Committee before entering the House. Read More...
- Today: 15
- Past Seven Days: 62
- All-Time: 45,041
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.489Referred to the Committee Jun 26, 2014 19 Views
A resolution supporting the goals and ideals of "Growth Awareness Week".
S.2538 - Viral Hepatitis Testing Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 26, 2014 19 Views
A bill to amend the Public Health Service Act to revise and extend the program for viral hepatitis surveillance, education, and testing in ord...
S.2536 - SAVE ActRead twice and referred Jun 26, 2014 19 Views
A bill to amend title 18, United States Code, to provide for enhanced criminal and civil remedies in the protection of children and other vict...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.496Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jul 07, 2014 20 Views
A resolution relative to the death of the Honorable Alan John Dixon, former United States Senator for the State of Illinois.
S.Res.494Message on Senate action sent Jun 30, 2014 19 Views
A resolution relative to the death of Howard H. Baker, Jr., former United States Senator for the State of Tennessee.
S.2501 - Hospital Readmissions Program Accuracy and Accountability Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 19, 2014 3 Views
A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to make improvements to the Medicare hospital readmissions reduction program.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1736: Julian Castro, of Texas, to be Secretary of Housing and Urban DevelopmentNay (with party)July 09, 2014
S. 2363: Bipartisan Sportsmen's Act of 2014
On Cloture on the Motion to Proceed S. 2363Aye (with party)July 07, 2014
On the Nomination PN1397: Cheryl Ann Krause, of New Jersey, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Third CircuitAye (with party)July 07, 2014