Sen. Edward Markey
Democrat • Massachusetts • 1st Term • Sworn In 2013
- 60 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 11 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 31 of 100)
- 379 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 2 of 100) 9 Made Into Law (Ranks 1 of 100)
Markey was born July 11, 1946 in Malden, Massachusetts. He was educated at Malden Catholic High School, Boston College and Boston College Law School, served in the United States Army Reserve, and was a lawyer and member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives before entering the House.
- Today: 27
- Past Seven Days: 106
- All-Time: 36,744
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2690 - Protecting Student Privacy Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 4 Views
A bill to amend the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 to ensure that student data handled by private companies is protected, a...
S.2645 - Recovery Enhancement for Addiction Treatment ActRead twice and referred Jul 23, 2014 8 Views
A bill to provide access to medication-assisted therapy, and for other purposes.
S.2572 - Ban Poisonous Additives Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 09, 2014 5 Views
A bill to ban the use of bisphenol A in food containers, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.545Referred to the Committee Sep 15, 2014 1 Views
A resolution recognizing Hispanic Heritage Month and celebrating the heritage and culture of Latinos in the United States and the immense cont...
S.Res.543Referred to the Committee Sep 11, 2014 11 Views
A resolution designating November 1, 2014, as National Bison Day.
S.2786Read twice and referred Sep 10, 2014 20 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to prevent earnings stripping of domestic corporations which are members of a worldwide grou...
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1931: Stephen G. Burns, of Maryland, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the term of five years expiring June 30, 2019Aye (with party)September 15, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1930: Jeffery Martin Baran, of Virginia, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the remainder of the term expiring June 30, 2015Aye (with party)September 15, 2014
S. 2199: Paycheck Fairness Act
On the Cloture Motion S. 2199Aye (with party)September 15, 2014