Sen. Edward Markey
Democrat • Massachusetts • 1st Term • Sworn In 2013
- 60 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 9 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 31 of 100)
- 374 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 2 of 100) 9 Made Into Law (Ranks 1 of 100)
Markey was born July 11, 1946 in Malden, Massachusetts. He was educated at Malden Catholic High School, Boston College and Boston College Law School, served in the United States Army Reserve, and was a lawyer and member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives before entering the House.
- Today: 13
- Past Seven Days: 49
- All-Time: 36,569
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2690 - Protecting Student Privacy Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 3 Views
A bill to amend the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 to ensure that student data handled by private companies is protected, a...
S.2645 - Recovery Enhancement for Addiction Treatment ActRead twice and referred Jul 23, 2014 7 Views
A bill to provide access to medication-assisted therapy, and for other purposes.
S.2572 - Ban Poisonous Additives Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 09, 2014 1 Views
A bill to ban the use of bisphenol A in food containers, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.532Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jul 31, 2014 20 Views
A resolution designating the week beginning September 7, 2014, as "National Direct Support Professionals Recognition Week".
S.2755 - Overdose Prevention ActRead twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 16 Views
A bill to prevent deaths occurring from drug overdoses.
S.2757 - National Nanotechnology Initiative Amendments Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 5 Views
A bill to invest in innovation through research and development, to improve the competitiveness of the United States, and for other purposes.
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1180: Jill A. Pryor, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitAye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On the Motion (Motion to Recede in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 5021)Aye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 3230: Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014
On the Conference Report H.R. 3230Aye (with party)July 31, 2014