Sen. Edward Markey
Democrat • Massachusetts • 1st Term • Sworn In 2013
- 62 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 16 of 98) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 51 of 98)
- 403 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 2 of 100) 12 Made Into Law (Ranks 4 of 100)
Markey was born July 11, 1946 in Malden, Massachusetts. He was educated at Malden Catholic High School, Boston College and Boston College Law School, served in the United States Army Reserve, and was a lawyer and member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives before entering the House.
- Today: 17
- Past Seven Days: 53
- All-Time: 37,754
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2942 - Infectious Disease Hospital Hubs ActRead twice and referred Nov 19, 2014 3 Views
A bill to establish a Hospital Fund for the treatment of individuals with Ebola or other specified infectious diseases.
S.2864 - Climate Change Health Protection and Promotion ActRead twice and referred Sep 18, 2014 4 Views
A bill to direct the Secretary of Health and Human Services to develop a national strategic action plan to assist health professionals in prep...
S.2690 - Protecting Student Privacy Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 2 Views
A bill to amend the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 to ensure that student data handled by private companies is protected, a...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.589Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2014 10 Views
A resolution honoring the life of Thomas M. Menino, Mayor of Boston, Massachusetts, from 1993 to 2014.
S.Res.590Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2014 9 Views
A resolution recognizing National Native American Heritage Month and celebrating the heritages and cultures of Native Americans and the contri...
S.Res.586Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar Dec 04, 2014 14 Views
A resolution calling on the Government of Burma to develop a non-discriminatory and comprehensive solution that addresses Rakhine State's need...
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriAye (with party)December 16, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriAye (with party)December 16, 2014
H.R. 5771: Tax Technical Corrections Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5771Aye (with party)December 16, 2014