Sen. Edward Markey
Democrat • Massachusetts • 1st Term • Sworn In 2013
- 60 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 12 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 31 of 100)
- 381 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 2 of 100) 9 Made Into Law (Ranks 1 of 100)
Markey was born July 11, 1946 in Malden, Massachusetts. He was educated at Malden Catholic High School, Boston College and Boston College Law School, served in the United States Army Reserve, and was a lawyer and member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives before entering the House.
- Today: 23
- Past Seven Days: 102
- All-Time: 36,753
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2690 - Protecting Student Privacy Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 4 Views
A bill to amend the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 to ensure that student data handled by private companies is protected, a...
S.2645 - Recovery Enhancement for Addiction Treatment ActRead twice and referred Jul 23, 2014 6 Views
A bill to provide access to medication-assisted therapy, and for other purposes.
S.2572 - Ban Poisonous Additives Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 09, 2014 5 Views
A bill to ban the use of bisphenol A in food containers, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.547Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Sep 16, 2014 1 Views
A resolution designating the week beginning September 14, 2014, as National Hispanic-Serving Institutions Week.
S.2819Read twice and referred Sep 16, 2014 1 Views
A bill to amend chapter 301 of title 49, United States Code, to prohibit the rental of motor vehicles that contain a defect related to motor v...
S.2828Read twice and referred Sep 16, 2014 0 Views
A bill to impose sanctions with respect to the Russian Federation, to provide additional assistance to Ukraine, and for other purposes.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1931: Stephen G. Burns, of Maryland, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the term of five years expiring June 30, 2019Aye (with party)September 16, 2014
On the Nomination PN1930: Jeffery Martin Baran, of Virginia, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the remainder of the term expiring June 30, 2015Aye (with party)September 16, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1931: Stephen G. Burns, of Maryland, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the term of five years expiring June 30, 2019Aye (with party)September 15, 2014