Sen. Edward Markey
Democrat • Massachusetts • 1st Term • Sworn In 2013
- 58 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 9 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 29 of 99)
- 365 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 2 of 100) 8 Made Into Law (Ranks 1 of 100)
Markey was born July 11, 1946 in Malden, Massachusetts. He was educated at Malden Catholic High School, Boston College and Boston College Law School, served in the United States Army Reserve, and was a lawyer and member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives before entering the House.
- Today: 9
- Past Seven Days: 59
- All-Time: 36,272
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2572 - Ban Poisonous Additives Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 09, 2014 10 Views
A bill to ban the use of bisphenol A in food containers, and for other purposes.
S.2485 - Northwest Atlantic Fisheries Convention Amendments ActRead twice and referred Jun 17, 2014 3 Views
A bill to implement the Amendment to the Convention on Future Multilateral Cooperation in the Northwest Atlantic Fisheries, as adopted at Lisb...
S.2472 - International Human Rights Defense Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 12, 2014 10 Views
A bill to establish in the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor of the Department of State a Special Envoy for the Human Rights of LGB...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.505Referred to the Committee Jul 17, 2014 20 Views
A resolution congratulating the Gay, Lesbian, and Allies Senate Staff (GLASS) Caucus association on the 10-year anniversary of the association.
S.2625Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Jul 17, 2014 23 Views
A bill to establish certain duties for pharmacies to ensure provision of Food and Drug Administration-approved contraception, and for other pu...
S.Res.502Referred to the Committee Jul 15, 2014 24 Views
A resolution concerning the suspension of exit permit issuance by the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo for adopted Congolese chi...
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1516: John W. deGravelles, of Louisiana, to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of LouisianaAye (with party)July 22, 2014
On the Nomination PN1476: Robin L. Rosenberg, of Florida, to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of FloridaAye (with party)July 22, 2014
On the Nomination PN1551: Andre Birotte, Jr., of California, to be United States District Judge for the Central District of CaliforniaAye (with party)July 22, 2014