Sen. Edward Markey
Democrat • Massachusetts • 21st Term • Sworn In 1975
- 45 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 14 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 19 of 99)
- 282 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 2 of 100) 6 Made Into Law (Ranks 1 of 100)
Markey was born July 11, 1946 in Malden, Massachusetts. He was educated at Malden Catholic High School, Boston College and Boston College Law School, served in the United States Army Reserve, and was a lawyer and member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives before entering the House.
- Today: 9
- Past Seven Days: 46
- All-Time: 35,148
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Competitiveness, Innovation, and Export Promotion
- Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2088Read twice and referred Mar 06, 2014 13 Views
A bill to amend the Natural Gas Act with respect to the exportation of natural gas, and for other purposes.
S.2092Read twice and referred Mar 06, 2014 11 Views
A bill to provide certain protections from civil liability with respect to the emergency administration of opioid overdose drugs.
S.2068 - Handgun Trigger Safety Act of 2014Read twice and referred Feb 27, 2014 13 Views
A bill to provide for the development and use of technology for personalized handguns, to require that, within 3 years, all handguns manufactu...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2094Read twice and referred Mar 06, 2014 17 Views
A bill to provide for the establishment of nationally uniform and environmentally sound standards governing discharges incidental to the norma...
S.Res.374Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Mar 05, 2014 16 Views
A resolution designating March 3, 2014, as "World Wildlife Day".
S.Res.366Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Feb 27, 2014 11 Views
A resolution expressing support for the goals and ideals of Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Week.
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1204: Linda Vivienne Parker, of Michigan, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of MichiganAye (with party)March 11, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1202: Laurie J. Michelson, of Michigan, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of MichiganAye (with party)March 11, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1201: Judith Ellen Levy, of Michigan, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of MichiganAye (with party)March 11, 2014