Sen. Jerry Moran
Republican • Kansas • 1st Term • Sworn In 2011
- 23 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 69 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 35 of 100)
- 241 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 37 of 100) 6 Made Into Law (Ranks 9 of 100)
Moran was born May 29, 1954, in Great Bend, Kansas. He attended Fort Hays State University and the University of Kansas, graduating with a degrees in Economics and Law. He served for eight years (1989-1996) in the Kansas State Senate, including as Senate Majority Leader for his two final years. He was elected to the House in 1996.
- Today: 9
- Past Seven Days: 45
- All-Time: 33,627
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Department of Homeland Security
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Financial Services and General Government
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.588Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2014 43 Views
A resolution recognizing that access to hospitals and other health care providers for patients in rural areas of the United States is essentia...
S.2950 - Physician Ambassadors Helping Veterans ActRead twice and referred Nov 20, 2014 20 Views
A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to establish the Physician Ambassadors Helping Veterans program to seek to employ physicians at ...
S.Res.582Referred to the Committee Nov 18, 2014 7 Views
A resolution expressing support for designation of the third Tuesday of November as "National Entrepreneurs Day".
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.590Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2014 22 Views
A resolution recognizing National Native American Heritage Month and celebrating the heritages and cultures of Native Americans and the contri...
S.2930 - Clay Hunt Suicide Prevention for American Veterans ActRead twice and referred Nov 17, 2014 21 Views
A bill to direct the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to provide for the conduct of an evaluation of mental health c...
S.2917 - Adding Ebola to the FDA Priority Review Voucher Program ActPlaced on Senate Legislative Calendar Nov 19, 2014 33 Views
A bill to expand the program of priority review to encourage treatments for tropical diseases.
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1230: Leigh Martin May, of Georgia, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of GeorgiaNay (with party)November 12, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1552: Randolph D. Moss, of Maryland, to be United States District Judge for the District of ColumbiaNay (with party)November 12, 2014
H.J.Res. 124: Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
On the Cloture Motion H.J.Res. 124Nay (against party)September 18, 2014