Sen. Jerry Moran
Republican • Kansas • 1st Term • Sworn In 2011
- 27 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 60 of 98) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 17 of 98)
- 247 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 40 of 100) 9 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 100)
Moran was born May 29, 1954, in Great Bend, Kansas. He attended Fort Hays State University and the University of Kansas, graduating with a degrees in Economics and Law. He served for eight years (1989-1996) in the Kansas State Senate, including as Senate Majority Leader for his two final years. He was elected to the House in 1996.
- Today: 6
- Past Seven Days: 37
- All-Time: 33,776
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Department of Homeland Security
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Financial Services and General Government
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.3006Read twice and referred Dec 11, 2014 8 Views
A bill to require the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to use existing authorities to furnish health care at non-Department of Veterans Affairs f...
S.2950 - Physician Ambassadors Helping Veterans ActRead twice and referred Nov 20, 2014 4 Views
A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to establish the Physician Ambassadors Helping Veterans program to seek to employ physicians at ...
S.Res.588Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2014 8 Views
A resolution recognizing that access to hospitals and other health care providers for patients in rural areas of the United States is essentia...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.3001 - Wounded Warriors Federal Leave Act of 2014Read twice and referred Dec 11, 2014 2 Views
A bill to amend title 5, United States Code, to provide leave to any new Federal employee who is a veteran with a service-connected disability...
S.Res.590Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2014 10 Views
A resolution recognizing National Native American Heritage Month and celebrating the heritages and cultures of Native Americans and the contri...
S.2930 - Clay Hunt Suicide Prevention for American Veterans ActRead twice and referred Nov 17, 2014 14 Views
A bill to direct the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to provide for the conduct of an evaluation of mental health c...
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriNay (with party)December 16, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriNay (with party)December 16, 2014
H.R. 5771: Tax Technical Corrections Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5771Aye (with party)December 16, 2014