Sen. Jerry Moran
Republican • Kansas • 8th Term • Sworn In 1997
- 16 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 53 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 99)
- 135 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 39 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 7 of 100)
Moran was born May 29, 1954, in Great Bend, Kansas. He attended Fort Hays State University and the University of Kansas, graduating with a degrees in Economics and Law. He served for eight years (1989-1996) in the Kansas State Senate, including as Senate Majority Leader for his two final years. He was elected to the House in 1996.
- Today: 12
- Past Seven Days: 49
- All-Time: 31,534
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Department of Homeland Security
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Financial Services and General Government
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.1597 - American Savings Promotion ActRead twice and referred Oct 29, 2013 4 Views
A bill to provide for the use of savings promotion raffle products by financial institutions to encourage savings, and for other purposes.
S.1507 - Tribal General Welfare Exclusion Act of 2013Read twice and referred Sep 17, 2013 8 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to clarify the treatment of general welfare benefits provided by Indian tribes.
S.1434Committee on Veterans' Affairs Oct 30, 2013 9 Views
A bill to designate the Junction City Community-Based Outpatient Clinic located at 715 Southwind Drive, Junction City, Kansas, as the Lieutena...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.305Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2013 6 Views
A resolution recognizing National Native American Heritage Month and celebrating the heritages and cultures of Native Americans and the contri...
S.Res.301Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Nov 19, 2013 8 Views
A resolution recognizing and supporting the goals and implementation of the National Alzheimer's Project Act and the National Plan to Address ...
S.Res.293Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 13, 2013 5 Views
A resolution designating the week beginning on November 18, 2013, as "National Tribal Colleges and Universities Week".
Recent Voting History
On the Concurrent Resolution S.Con.Res. 28Nay (with party)November 21, 2013
S. 1197: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1197Nay (with party)November 21, 2013
On the Cloture Motion PN527: Patricia Ann Millett, of Virginia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia CircuitNay (with party)November 21, 2013