Sen. Jerry Moran
Republican • Kansas • 1st Term • Sworn In 2011
- 22 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 68 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 31 of 100)
- 230 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 38 of 100) 5 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 100)
Moran was born May 29, 1954, in Great Bend, Kansas. He attended Fort Hays State University and the University of Kansas, graduating with a degrees in Economics and Law. He served for eight years (1989-1996) in the Kansas State Senate, including as Senate Majority Leader for his two final years. He was elected to the House in 1996.
- Today: 9
- Past Seven Days: 30
- All-Time: 33,104
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Department of Homeland Security
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Financial Services and General Government
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2707 - Veterans TRICARE Choice ActRead twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 1 Views
A bill to provide for coordination between the TRICARE program and eligibility for making contributions to a health savings account.
S.2623Read twice and referred Jul 17, 2014 0 Views
A bill to prohibit land management modifications relating to the Lesser Prairie Chicken.
S.2095 - Veterans Health Care Access Received Closer to Home Act of 2014Read twice and referred Mar 06, 2014 5 Views
A bill to reauthorize and modify the pilot program of the Department of Veterans Affairs under which the Secretary of Veterans Affairs provide...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.536Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Aug 01, 2014 12 Views
A resolution designating September 2014 as "National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month".
S.2738 - Toxic Exposure Research Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 31 Views
A bill to establish in the Department of Veterans Affairs a national center for research on the diagnosis and treatment of health conditions o...
S.Res.530Referred to the Committee Jul 30, 2014 12 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate on the current situation in Iraq and the urgent need to protect religious minorities from pers...
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1180: Jill A. Pryor, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitNay (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On the Motion (Motion to Recede in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 5021)Aye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 3230: Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014
On the Conference Report H.R. 3230Aye (with party)July 31, 2014