Sen. John Thune
Republican • South Dakota • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2005
- 28 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 48 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 6 of 100)
- 217 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 43 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 83 of 100)
- Today: 9
- Past Seven Days: 44
- All-Time: 48,875
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2462 - Safeguarding Classrooms Hurt by ObamaCare's Obligatory LeviesRead twice and referred Jun 11, 2014 4 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exempt certain educational institutions from the employer health insurance mandate.
S.2316Read twice and referred May 12, 2014 0 Views
A bill to require the Inspector General of the Department of Veterans Affairs to submit a report on wait times for veterans seeking medical ap...
S.2220Read twice and referred Apr 08, 2014 6 Views
A bill to provide protections for certain sports medicine professionals who provide certain medical services in a secondary State.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2630Read twice and referred Jul 17, 2014 18 Views
A bill to amend the Endangered Species Act of 1973 to require disclosure to States of the basis of determinations under such Act, to ensure us...
S.Res.502Referred to the Committee Jul 15, 2014 24 Views
A resolution concerning the suspension of exit permit issuance by the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo for adopted Congolese chi...
S.2605Read twice and referred Jul 15, 2014 20 Views
A bill to preserve religious freedom and a woman's access to contraception.
Recent Voting History
S. 2569: Bring Jobs Home Act
On the Cloture Motion S. 2569Aye (with party)July 23, 2014
On the Nomination PN1516: John W. deGravelles, of Louisiana, to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of LouisianaAye (with party)July 22, 2014
On the Nomination PN1476: Robin L. Rosenberg, of Florida, to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of FloridaAye (with party)July 22, 2014