Sen. John Thune
Republican • South Dakota • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2005
- 33 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 48 of 98) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 17 of 98)
- 241 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 44 of 100) 6 Made Into Law (Ranks 44 of 100)
- Today: 7
- Past Seven Days: 44
- All-Time: 49,936
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2949 - Motor Vehicle Safety Whistleblower ActRead twice and referred Nov 20, 2014 6 Views
A bill to improve motor vehicle safety by encouraging the sharing of certain information.
S.Res.566Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Sep 18, 2014 0 Views
A resolution celebrating the 125th anniversary of the State of North Dakota.
S.2833 - CASE ActRead twice and referred Sep 17, 2014 18 Views
A bill to improve the establishment of any lower ground-level ozone standards, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.590Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2014 9 Views
A resolution recognizing National Native American Heritage Month and celebrating the heritages and cultures of Native Americans and the contri...
S.Res.588Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2014 8 Views
A resolution recognizing that access to hospitals and other health care providers for patients in rural areas of the United States is essentia...
S.2953 - Keeping America Safe from Ebola Act of 2014Read twice and referred Nov 20, 2014 4 Views
A bill to prohibit an alien who is a national of a country with a widespread Ebola virus outbreak from obtaining a visa and for other purposes.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriNay (with party)December 16, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriNay (with party)December 16, 2014
H.R. 5771: Tax Technical Corrections Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5771Aye (with party)December 16, 2014