Sen. John Thune
Republican • South Dakota • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2005
- 29 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 49 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 7 of 100)
- 222 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 43 of 100) 2 Made Into Law (Ranks 77 of 100)
- Today: 18
- Past Seven Days: 49
- All-Time: 49,073
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2688 - Union Transparency and Accountability ActRead twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 3 Views
A bill to ensure labor organization transparency and accountability.
S.2462 - Safeguarding Classrooms Hurt by ObamaCare's Obligatory LeviesRead twice and referred Jun 11, 2014 12 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exempt certain educational institutions from the employer health insurance mandate.
S.2316Read twice and referred May 12, 2014 5 Views
A bill to require the Inspector General of the Department of Veterans Affairs to submit a report on wait times for veterans seeking medical ap...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2710 - Philanthropic Enterprise Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 3 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exempt private foundations from the tax on excess business holdings in the case of certai...
S.Res.530Referred to the Committee Jul 30, 2014 10 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate on the current situation in Iraq and the urgent need to protect religious minorities from pers...
S.2673 - United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act of 2014Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Aug 01, 2014 19 Views
A bill to enhance the strategic partnership between the United States and Israel.
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1180: Jill A. Pryor, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitNay (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On the Motion (Motion to Recede in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 5021)Aye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 3230: Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014
On the Conference Report H.R. 3230Aye (with party)July 31, 2014