Sen. John Thune
Republican • South Dakota • 5th Term • Sworn In 1997
- 25 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 40 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 20 of 100)
- 163 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 47 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 49 of 100)
- Today: 6
- Past Seven Days: 48
- All-Time: 48,113
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Competitiveness, Innovation, and Export Promotion
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.381Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Mar 11, 2014 11 Views
A resolution congratulating the athletes from the United States who participated in the 2014 Olympic Winter Games as members of the United Sta...
S.2086 - Reliable Home Heating ActRead twice and referred Mar 06, 2014 17 Views
A bill to address current emergency shortages of propane and other home heating fuels and to provide greater flexibility and information for G...
S.2038 - Solutions to Long-Term Unemployment ActRead twice and referred Feb 25, 2014 62 Views
A bill to provide for the extension of certain unemployment benefits, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2132Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Mar 13, 2014 0 Views
A bill to amend the Indian Tribal Energy Development and Self-Determination Act of 2005, and for other purposes.
S.2118Read twice and referred Mar 12, 2014 10 Views
A bill to protect the separation of powers in the Constitution of the United States by ensuring that the President takes care that the laws be...
S.Res.382 - Stop Cloture Abuse ResolutionSponsor introductory remarks on measure Mar 12, 2014 13 Views
A resolution to amend the Standing Rules of the Senate to modify the provision relating to timing for filing of cloture motions.
Recent Voting History
H.R. 3370: Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act of 2013
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 3370Nay (against party)March 13, 2014
S. 1086: Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill S. 1086Aye (with party)March 13, 2014
On the Nomination PN1179: Caroline Diane Krass, of the District of Columbia, to be General Counsel of the Central Intelligence AgencyAye (with party)March 13, 2014