Sen. John Thune
Republican • South Dakota • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2005
- 29 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 48 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 6 of 100)
- 222 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 42 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 83 of 100)
- Today: 7
- Past Seven Days: 50
- All-Time: 48,944
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2688Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 4 Views
A bill to ensure labor organization transparency and accountability.
S.2462 - Safeguarding Classrooms Hurt by ObamaCare's Obligatory LeviesRead twice and referred Jun 11, 2014 7 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exempt certain educational institutions from the employer health insurance mandate.
S.2316Read twice and referred May 12, 2014 4 Views
A bill to require the Inspector General of the Department of Veterans Affairs to submit a report on wait times for veterans seeking medical ap...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.530Referred to the Committee Jul 30, 2014 6 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate on the current situation in Iraq and the urgent need to protect religious minorities from pers...
S.2710Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 3 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exempt private foundations from the tax on excess business holdings in the case of certai...
S.2673 - United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act of 2014Read the second time Jul 29, 2014 22 Views
A bill to enhance the strategic partnership between the United States and Israel.
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1180: Jill A. Pryor, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitNay (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On the Motion (Motion to Recede in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 5021)Aye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 3230: Veterans' Access to Care through Choice, Accountability, and Transparency Act of 2014
On the Conference Report H.R. 3230Aye (with party)July 31, 2014