Sen. Dean Heller
Republican • Nevada • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2011
- 38 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 32 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 29 of 99)
- 199 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 47 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 36 of 100)
Having grown up in Carson City, Nevada, Heller graduated from the University of Southern California in 1985. He then worked as a stockbroker before being elected to the Nevada state legislature in 1990. In 1994, he was elected Nevada's Secretary of State, a post to which he was re-elected in 1998 and 2002. He and his wife Lynn have four children. http://www.deanheller.com/biography/ Read More...
- Today: 9
- Past Seven Days: 48
- All-Time: 38,748
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
- Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2566Read twice and referred Jul 08, 2014 7 Views
A bill to provide for the conveyance of certain public land in and around historic mining townsites located in the State of Nevada, and for ot...
S.2530 - PLAQ Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 25, 2014 9 Views
A bill to amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the importation or exportation of mussels of certain genus, and for other purposes.
S.2381 - Flood Insurance Market Parity and Modernization Act of 2014Read twice and referred May 22, 2014 7 Views
A bill to clarify that any private flood insurance policy accepted by a State shall satisfy the mandatory purchase requirement under the Flood...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.496Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jul 07, 2014 19 Views
A resolution relative to the death of the Honorable Alan John Dixon, former United States Senator for the State of Illinois.
S.Res.494Message on Senate action sent Jun 30, 2014 21 Views
A resolution relative to the death of Howard H. Baker, Jr., former United States Senator for the State of Tennessee.
S.2532 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 25, 2014 122 Views
A bill to provide for the extension of certain unemployment benefits.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1736: Julian Castro, of Texas, to be Secretary of Housing and Urban DevelopmentAye (against party)July 09, 2014
S. 2363: Bipartisan Sportsmen's Act of 2014
On Cloture on the Motion to Proceed S. 2363Aye (with party)July 07, 2014
On the Nomination PN1397: Cheryl Ann Krause, of New Jersey, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Third CircuitAye (with party)July 07, 2014