Sen. Dean Heller
Republican • Nevada • 5th Term • Sworn In 2007
- 26 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 31 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 99)
- 143 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 30 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 7 of 100)
Having grown up in Carson City, Nevada, Heller graduated from the University of Southern California in 1985. He then worked as a stockbroker before being elected to the Nevada state legislature in 1990. In 1994, he was elected Nevada's Secretary of State, a post to which he was re-elected in 1998 and 2002. He and his wife Lynn have four children. http://www.deanheller.com/biography/ Read More...
- Today: 11
- Past Seven Days: 48
- All-Time: 37,320
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
- Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.1751Read twice and referred Nov 20, 2013 4 Views
A bill to improve authorities for performance of medical disabilities examinations by contract physicians for benefits under laws administered...
S.1707 - Vulnerable Veterans Housing Reform ActRead twice and referred Nov 14, 2013 4 Views
A bill to exclude consideration as income under the United States Housing Act of 1937 payments of pensions made under section 1521 of title 38...
S.1640 - Pinyon-Juniper Related Projects Implementation ActRead twice and referred Nov 04, 2013 1 Views
A bill to facilitate planning, permitting, administration, implementation, and monitoring of pinyon-juniper dominated landscape restoration pr...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.1731 - Endangered Species Management Self-Determination ActRead twice and referred Nov 19, 2013 17 Views
A bill to amend the Endangered Species Act of 1973 to permit Governors of States to regulate intrastate endangered species and intrastate thre...
S.1712 - Employee Rights ActRead twice and referred Nov 14, 2013 13 Views
A bill to provide protections for workers with respect to their right to select or refrain from selecting representation by a labor organization.
S.1715 - CPRARead twice and referred Nov 14, 2013 10 Views
A bill to decrease the deficit by realigning, consolidating, disposing, and improving the efficiency of Federal buildings and other civilian p...
Recent Voting History
On the Concurrent Resolution S.Con.Res. 28Abstain (against party)November 21, 2013
S. 1197: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1197Abstain (against party)November 21, 2013
On the Cloture Motion PN527: Patricia Ann Millett, of Virginia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia CircuitNay (with party)November 21, 2013