Sen. Dean Heller
Republican • Nevada • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2011
- 38 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 35 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 29 of 100)
- 211 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 48 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 36 of 100)
Having grown up in Carson City, Nevada, Heller graduated from the University of Southern California in 1985. He then worked as a stockbroker before being elected to the Nevada state legislature in 1990. In 1994, he was elected Nevada's Secretary of State, a post to which he was re-elected in 1998 and 2002. He and his wife Lynn have four children. http://www.deanheller.com/biography/ Read More...
- Today: 10
- Past Seven Days: 60
- All-Time: 38,905
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
- Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2566 - Nevada Mining Townsite Conveyance ActRead twice and referred Jul 08, 2014 2 Views
A bill to provide for the conveyance of certain public land in and around historic mining townsites located in the State of Nevada, and for ot...
S.2530 - PLAQ Act of 2014Committee on Environment and Public Works Subcommittee Jul 16, 2014 1 Views
A bill to amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the importation or exportation of mussels of certain genus, and for other purposes.
S.2381 - Flood Insurance Market Parity and Modernization Act of 2014Read twice and referred May 22, 2014 3 Views
A bill to clarify that any private flood insurance policy accepted by a State shall satisfy the mandatory purchase requirement under the Flood...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.530Referred to the Committee Jul 30, 2014 2 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate on the current situation in Iraq and the urgent need to protect religious minorities from pers...
S.2692Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 3 Views
A bill to amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 and the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act to ...
S.2685Read the second time Jul 30, 2014 5 Views
A bill to reform the authorities of the Federal Government to require the production of certain business records, conduct electronic surveilla...
Recent Voting History
S. 2648: Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 2648Aye (against party)July 30, 2014
S. 2569: Bring Jobs Home Act
On the Cloture Motion S. 2569Nay (with party)July 30, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5021Aye (with party)July 29, 2014