Sen. Dean Heller
Republican • Nevada • 5th Term • Sworn In 2007
- 33 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 31 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 19 of 99)
- 162 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 39 of 100) 2 Made Into Law (Ranks 13 of 100)
Having grown up in Carson City, Nevada, Heller graduated from the University of Southern California in 1985. He then worked as a stockbroker before being elected to the Nevada state legislature in 1990. In 1994, he was elected Nevada's Secretary of State, a post to which he was re-elected in 1998 and 2002. He and his wife Lynn have four children. http://www.deanheller.com/biography/ Read More...
- Today: 9
- Past Seven Days: 51
- All-Time: 38,015
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
- Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2091Read twice and referred Mar 06, 2014 15 Views
A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to improve the processing by the Department of Veterans Affairs of claims for benefits under law...
S.2097Read the second time Mar 10, 2014 169 Views
A bill to provide for the extension of certain unemployment benefits, and for other purposes.
S.1989 - Federal Communications Commission Process Reform Act of 2014Read twice and referred Feb 04, 2014 1 Views
A bill to amend the Communications Act of 1934 to provide for greater transparency and efficiency in the procedures followed by the Federal Co...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2101Read twice and referred Mar 10, 2014 6 Views
A bill to amend the Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act to clarify how the Act applies to condominiums.
S.2011 - Stop Targeting of Political Beliefs by the IRS Act of 2014Read twice and referred Feb 11, 2014 12 Views
A bill to prohibit the Internal Revenue Service from modifying the standard for determining whether an organization is operated exclusively fo...
S.2009 - Rural Veterans Improvement Act of 2014Read twice and referred Feb 10, 2014 10 Views
A bill to improve the provision of health care by the Department of Veterans Affairs to veterans in rural and highly rural areas, and for othe...
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1204: Linda Vivienne Parker, of Michigan, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of MichiganNay (with party)March 11, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1202: Laurie J. Michelson, of Michigan, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of MichiganNay (with party)March 11, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1201: Judith Ellen Levy, of Michigan, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of MichiganNay (with party)March 11, 2014