Sen. Dean Heller
Republican • Nevada • 5th Term • Sworn In 2007
- 34 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 32 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 22 of 100)
- 173 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 47 of 100) 2 Made Into Law (Ranks 25 of 100)
Having grown up in Carson City, Nevada, Heller graduated from the University of Southern California in 1985. He then worked as a stockbroker before being elected to the Nevada state legislature in 1990. In 1994, he was elected Nevada's Secretary of State, a post to which he was re-elected in 1998 and 2002. He and his wife Lynn have four children. http://www.deanheller.com/biography/ Read More...
- Today: 13
- Past Seven Days: 53
- All-Time: 38,224
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
- Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2172 - End Pay Discrimination Through Information ActRead twice and referred Mar 27, 2014 22 Views
A bill to amend the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to improve nonretaliation provisions relating to equal pay requirements.
S.2097 - Responsible Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014Read the second time Mar 10, 2014 52 Views
A bill to provide for the extension of certain unemployment benefits, and for other purposes.
S.2091 - 21st Century Veterans Benefits Delivery ActRead twice and referred Mar 06, 2014 9 Views
A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to improve the processing by the Department of Veterans Affairs of claims for benefits under law...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2250Read twice and referred Apr 10, 2014 23 Views
A bill to extend the Travel Promotion Act of 2009, and for other purposes.
S.2244Read twice and referred Apr 10, 2014 25 Views
A bill to extend the termination date of the Terrorism Insurance Program established under the Terrorism Insurance Act of 2002, and for other ...
S.2190 - Hire More Heroes Act of 2014Read twice and referred Apr 01, 2014 30 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow employers to exempt employees with health coverage under TRICARE or the Veterans Ad...
Recent Voting History
On the Motion for Attendance PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitAye (against party)April 10, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitNay (with party)April 10, 2014
On the Nomination PN1063: Terrell McSweeny, of the District of Columbia, to be a Federal Trade Commissioner for the unexpired term of seven years from September 26, 2010Aye (with party)April 09, 2014