Sen. Dean Heller
Republican • Nevada • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2011
- 42 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 36 of 98) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 51 of 98)
- 233 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 52 of 100) 6 Made Into Law (Ranks 44 of 100)
Having grown up in Carson City, Nevada, Heller graduated from the University of Southern California in 1985. He then worked as a stockbroker before being elected to the Nevada state legislature in 1990. In 1994, he was elected Nevada's Secretary of State, a post to which he was re-elected in 1998 and 2002. He and his wife Lynn have four children. http://www.deanheller.com/biography/ Read More...
- Today: 10
- Past Seven Days: 29
- All-Time: 39,884
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
- Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2951 - Veterans Dignified Burial ActRead twice and referred Nov 20, 2014 1 Views
A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to ensure that the Secretary of Veterans Affairs is informed of the interment of deceased vetera...
S.Res.561Referred to the Committee Sep 18, 2014 5 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that recently proposed measures that will reduce transparency and public participation at the ...
S.Res.551Referred to the Committee Sep 17, 2014 2 Views
A resolution recognizing September 2014 as "National Campus Safety Awareness Month" and supporting the goals and ideals of National Campus Saf...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2949 - Motor Vehicle Safety Whistleblower ActRead twice and referred Nov 20, 2014 6 Views
A bill to improve motor vehicle safety by encouraging the sharing of certain information.
S.Res.590Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2014 8 Views
A resolution recognizing National Native American Heritage Month and celebrating the heritages and cultures of Native Americans and the contri...
S.Res.588Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2014 7 Views
A resolution recognizing that access to hospitals and other health care providers for patients in rural areas of the United States is essentia...
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriNay (with party)December 16, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriNay (with party)December 16, 2014
H.R. 5771: Tax Technical Corrections Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5771Aye (with party)December 16, 2014