Sen. Dean Heller
Republican • Nevada • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2011
- 38 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 33 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 29 of 100)
- 206 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 48 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 36 of 100)
Having grown up in Carson City, Nevada, Heller graduated from the University of Southern California in 1985. He then worked as a stockbroker before being elected to the Nevada state legislature in 1990. In 1994, he was elected Nevada's Secretary of State, a post to which he was re-elected in 1998 and 2002. He and his wife Lynn have four children. http://www.deanheller.com/biography/ Read More...
- Today: 10
- Past Seven Days: 58
- All-Time: 38,855
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
- Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2566 - Nevada Mining Townsite Conveyance ActRead twice and referred Jul 08, 2014 5 Views
A bill to provide for the conveyance of certain public land in and around historic mining townsites located in the State of Nevada, and for ot...
S.2530 - PLAQ Act of 2014Committee on Environment and Public Works Subcommittee Jul 16, 2014 0 Views
A bill to amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the importation or exportation of mussels of certain genus, and for other purposes.
S.2381 - Flood Insurance Market Parity and Modernization Act of 2014Read twice and referred May 22, 2014 5 Views
A bill to clarify that any private flood insurance policy accepted by a State shall satisfy the mandatory purchase requirement under the Flood...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2607 - Assisted Living Pilot Program for Veterans with Traumatic Brain Injury Extension ActSponsor introductory remarks on measure Jul 15, 2014 21 Views
A bill to extend and modify the pilot program of the Department of Veterans Affairs on assisted living services for veterans with traumatic br...
S.Res.498Resolution agreed to in Senate Jul 17, 2014 168 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding United States support for the State of Israel as it defends itself against unprovoke...
S.Res.496Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jul 07, 2014 14 Views
A resolution relative to the death of the Honorable Alan John Dixon, former United States Senator for the State of Illinois.
Recent Voting History
S. 2569: Bring Jobs Home Act
On the Cloture Motion S. 2569Aye (with party)July 23, 2014
On the Nomination PN1516: John W. deGravelles, of Louisiana, to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of LouisianaAye (with party)July 22, 2014
On the Nomination PN1476: Robin L. Rosenberg, of Florida, to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of FloridaAye (with party)July 22, 2014